OT YouTube Down Worldwide

Apparently, there is a failure of some sort of epic proportions.  People are freaking out on Facebook.  I'm a little annoyed myself lol.  Its literally worldwide. Crazy stuff!

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578

Hopefully the first steps to ... invasion!

So long humanity.  Its been fun.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cant even see my dashboard

oh the pain of dee tees

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Ippotamus said:

Lol! 

Mistara said:

cant even see my dashboard

oh the pain of dee tees

Right?  All of a sudden I just really NEED to watch a You Tube video....

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

It went down while I was watching a tutorial for Bryce 3D.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

It is down on the iPad app as well.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

so that did it?devil

th3Digit said:

so that did it?devil

*snicker*  Yes, we are now blaming it all on frank314

Its actually down across all platforms in every country.  As in, everywhere.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

when its gone we realize how much we need it. there is so much great stuff on Youtube.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was watching a i love lucy clip

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Argh, and I really needed to know how to patc that hole in the ceiling!

• daveso said:

when its gone we realize how much we need it. there is so much great stuff on Youtube.

over a decade and half ago when i opened my channel withyoutube it was a fun non-commercialized site - then Google bought it and it was like "oh no, here we go" - the ultimate goal of youtube is to charge everyone monthly subscriptions for everything taking automatic payments out of your checking account; slowly but surely they offer a crumb here and there of a service you pay for and then finally they get you all along the way stabbing the users who made the site what it is in the back

edited October 2018

I don't pay to watch you tube and I ignore the ads.  Super annoying but ultimately completely ineffective on getting me to click on anything lol.

I thought this was pretty funny.  But, also kind of scary lol

You tube.jpg
    1348 x 640 - 80K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    daveso said:

over a decade and half ago when i opened my channel withyoutube it was a fun non-commercialized site - then Google bought it and it was like "oh no, here we go" - the ultimate goal of youtube is to charge everyone monthly subscriptions for everything taking automatic payments out of your checking account; slowly but surely they offer a crumb here and there of a service you pay for and then finally they get you all along the way stabbing the users who made the site what it is in the back

What on earth are you talking about? I've been using Youtube daily for many years and have never had to pay a penny for it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited October 2018

surprise

Red Button.jpg
    640 x 480 - 137K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Stezza said:

surprise

hahaha! 

daveso said:

What on earth are you talking about? I've been using Youtube daily for many years and have never had to pay a penny for it.

I wonder if they are talking about the fact that you can only upload to a certain length of video before you have to have some type of subscription or something. I seem to recall something along those lines very vaguely.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I expect all the YouTube workers heard about the PC+ sale and downed tools in a mass stampede to join in. Normal service will be resumed as soon as they've all finished shopping ;)

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Airplane! the movie

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited October 2018

oddly I can read all my notifications 

its just the videos that are missing and search will show the thumbnails but none play

8EF298F5-3384-4B8E-9397-CE386121CD36.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Yes I can pull up the thumbnails with a search but the videos don't load.

• Ippotamus said:

"And thanks for all the fish."

Its up again now.  Apparently there are a large amount of toddlers who can't go to bed without you tube.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    Kitsumo said:

Airplane! the movie

...yes

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

It’s back and not sure if it was ever gone here. Is it me or has ASMR taken over YouTube? Is the world so stressed out that weird sounds into a.microphone actually destresses people? OK, going to sleep now and probably will ironically listen to YouTube sleep ASMR....

• Ippotamus said:

I, for one, welcome our new non video watching overlords

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    edited October 2018

I always chuckle at the implication that youtube is such a critical part of humanity, and without it we'll crumble. Sometime you should check the top 10 (or 20 or 30) most subscribed channels. And we're talking channels like between 10 and 60 million subscribers. Number 1 is a guy goofing around while we watch him play videos. Another are 2 popular singers (Justin Bieber? Seriously?). Another is some guys who do wacky stunts to music. And I think womens makeup tips are hugely popular. Bottom line is that youtube is nothing more than entertainment for most. Life will go on.

Post edited by ebergerly on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Heh,  it's always my fault. In RL and online. I'm use to it by now. Gotta live up to the claims you know.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited October 2018

Some posts have been removed - please avoid politics and speculations presented as fact. If the thread reverts to such topics it will be closed or removed.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Apparently, there is a failure of some sort of epic proportions.  People are freaking out on Facebook.  I'm a little annoyed myself lol.  Its literally worldwide. Crazy stuff!

Now if only Facebook and Twitter would go the same way, folks might actualy start doing stuff again. cheeky