Prizes :

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit
Ist Place $30
2nd Place $20
3rd place $15
$10 for up to 3 Honorable Mentions

----------------------------------------------------------------

A_step_further Alien_horizon Back_From_Beyond_The_Horizon Beyond_the_Horizon
                     1                                                    2                                                     3                                               4
        A step further                               alien horizon                        Back From Beyond the              Beyond The Horizon
                                                                                                                        Horizon

black_hole_horizon Cassini_at_Saturn Center_of_the_Universe Cloud_city_on_the_horizon
                       5                                                 6                                                  7                                                      8  
    BlackHole Horizon                      Cassini at Saturn                       Center of the Universe           Cloud City on the horizon

Forking High_beyond_the_horizon        HIGHWAY_TO_HELL        horizon_on_fire
                       9                                                10                                                11                                               12
              Forking
-                          High Beyond the horizon               HIGHWAY TO HELL                     Horizon on fire
Infinite possibilities beyond
the veil of the horizon

Horizontal_Illusion How_did_I_get_Beyond_The_Horizon Infinity_Road Inspired_by_M.C
                       13                                              14                                                 15                                                 16
       Horizontal Illusion                     How did I get beyond                      Infinity Road                             Inspired by M.C
                                                                 The horizon

Is_there_Life_beyond_or_is_it_a_Mirage Land_Ho Looking_Back_From_Beyond_The_Horizon_Of_Another_World Looking_to_the_Future
                      17                                               18                                                 19                                                 20
Is there life beyond                                 Land Ho!                                Looking back from                    Looking to the future

or is it  a mirage                                                                                    beyond the horizon of
                                                                                                               another world

Monolith My_god_it_s_full_of_people New_Horizon Reaching_the_Atlas
                      21                                              22                                                 23                                                  24
               Monolith                               My God, its full of                       New Horizon                              Reaching Altas 
                                                                     people 

REACHING_THE_HORIZON romantic_view_over_the_sea Stairway_to_the_Stars Sundown
                25                                         26                                               27                                                  28 
   Reaching the                   Romantic view over the            Stairway to the stars                             sundown 
    Horizon                                         sea

Tele_View the_end_of_the_world The_horizon_always_surrounds_us The_Reprehensible_Use_of_a_Maniac_s_Power
                      29                                               30                                                 31                                                 32
            Tele View                                 the end of the world                   the horizon always                the reprehensible 
                                                                                                                      surronds us                         use of a maniac's
                                                                                                                                                                               power

the_Strange_Planet THE_TRAVELS_OF_MAJOR_GRUBERT What_s_that_behind_the_horizon
                       33                                             34                                                   35
     The strange planet                      The travels of major                     Whats that behind
                                                                   Grubert                                       the horizon

Post edited by Apoc on

Comments

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

Sorry for the wait. I ran into a small problem when trying to create this post.

Apparently there is a limit to how many characters you can have in one post.

tesat

so I had to make some adjustments

• Voted - so many great entries! Thanks Apoc for your time and effort.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

All four done...it's great seeing them all in one single page, with just a little scrolling...very intuitive, Apoc yes

Jay

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    Voted. Had forgotten many great entries
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Voted. Another good challenge.

Good luck everyone.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Very well presented, Apoc. Thanks. And very hard choice.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

Voted, great entries and good luck everyone. I had again issues to get more than a blank page, only the horrid IE 11 worked.
    Thank you Apoc for your labour.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

Voted heart

Horo: on Firefox then ??

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Voted.

Great entries everyone !

ed3D - yes, Firefox 62.0.3 64-bit, Firefox Portable 62.0.3 32-bit, Waterfox Portable 56.2.3 64-bit, Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100 64-bit don't work on two different Win7 64 bit computers (one German OS, one English OS). Only IS 11 works. On another two XP machines (Pro and Home), no browser works.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Horo.

Thats strange.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and Firefox 60.0.1, had no problems.

Horo said:

ed3D - yes, Firefox 62.0.3 64-bit, Firefox Portable 62.0.3 32-bit, Waterfox Portable 56.2.3 64-bit, Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100 64-bit don't work on two different Win7 64 bit computers (one German OS, one English OS). Only IS 11 works. On another two XP machines (Pro and Home), no browser works.

ok, I will send a ticket in about the problem

Apoc - I'm sorry being a nuisance with this. I looked at the source code of the page which shows only "31st Bryce Render Contest" on a white page and I couldn't find anything obviously wrong. Only IE 11 works - but happily at least one browser works for me.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Voted. Another awesome challenge.

Good luck everyone.yes

• Voted. Very nice work everyone and best of luck.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2018
    Horo said:

_Yeah,, that seems  kind of Odd     _?..umm?

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Voted! Truly amazing work from the community! No shortage of creativity and ability to follow through. I am in awe! Onward Bryce soliders!

• Voted. Good luck everyone. 

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Voted.

Apoc - I'm sorry being a nuisance with this. I looked at the source code of the page which shows only "31st Bryce Render Contest" on a white page and I couldn't find anything obviously wrong. Only IE 11 works - but happily at least one browser works for me.

@horo .

I have emailed support at surveyplanet about your unique situation, and here is the information they have given me regarding your situation.
     "

Hi Apoc,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been digging into this and haven't been able to find any issues with your survey, are you still having problems with it? 
    There are a couple of reasons why you're survey may not be loading. 
    The major reason this kind of thing happens is because the survey url isn't correct. Can you double check the url you're accessing the survey with and make sure it is correct? It should begin with protocol https:// followed by the subdomain s. followed by the domain name surveyplanet.com/ follows by a 7 or 8 digit unique to your survey. For example: https://s.surveyplanet.com/Sy56KtdZM. If your survey url is incorrect you'll most likely be redirect the unavailable or not found pages.

Another reason a survey may not be accessible is that you're behind a firewall or have increased security setting on your network. The best way to check if this is the case is to try and access the survey on a mobile device with Wi-Fi turned off. This will bypass any security setting on your local network since your accessing the internet directly through your wireless carrier. Here are a few relevant links:

Disable WiFi on ISO

Disable WiFi on Android

I hope that helps, please feel free to contact us if you continue to have problems.

Jonah"

Apoc - thank you very much for your help. Your link is correct, I'm not using WiFi and one browser (MS IE 11) works on two computers with different OS on the same network, so it isn't the router. Nonetheless, it's obvious that the issue is on my side. Difficult to figure it out. I'm on the Internet since the late '90, started with Netscape 2 and a 2400 bd modem. Never ever had anything like that. Maybe I'll find the problem eventually but meanwhile I've got IE as my last resort. Thank you again for all your efforts.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Great contest, many cool renders here!

Voted (on firefox 43.0.1, worked for me).

@horo its all good. I just wanted to relay the infromation to you to be 100% sure. My only guess was that firefox had a differnt firewall setup than IE (or security level), but you said you ruled out that possiblity when you tried Chrome as well. So all we can do is hope the next contest will work better for you

@akmerlow thank you for the info as well. since horo has an earlier build of firefox, I do wonder if that might affect it? or am I overthinking it?

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2018

Cheers, Apoc...for what it's worth - using Win 10 works normally on all sites, however, that said, as some don't, I'm having to switch over to the inclusive Miscrosoft Edge platform that comes with Win 10. I mainly use IE, but forced, sometimes, to use Edge. I converted to Chrome once, and lost my entire Fav files, so reverted back.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    Apoc said:

@akmerlow thank you for the info as well. since horo has an earlier build of firefox, I do wonder if that might affect it? or am I overthinking it?

Actually it's me using older version (late 2015) and Horo using current version (autumn 2018). So i can't comment on how it works with current ff on win10

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

I voted. Lots of great entries again this month, I was a bit spoilt for choice. Good luck everyone.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Looks amazing, all those great renders! Very well done everybody. Of course I voted, after breaking my head on the choices.

• Voted. 

• done smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Beautiful work, as always.  Congrats to all the participants.  Voted.  smiley