Ultimate grass &meadow

Does anyone know if Ultimate Grass & Meadow world builder by "the Philosopher"is Bryce compatible ? I don't want to spend $50 for something that is'nt.

Cheers GG.

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    kiwi_gg said:

Does anyone know if Ultimate Grass & Meadow world builder by "the Philosopher"is Bryce compatible ? I don't want to spend $50 for something that is'nt.

Cheers GG.

If I have understood what there is a speech about, then I would answer you.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

It's a product for Daz Studio so I would guess not Bryce friendly. Apart from the DAZ/Bryce Bridge of course, but then I have no idea what sort of task you'd be faced with tweaking the materials etc for a Bryce render... Also any instancing tricks the product uses will likely turn the instances into geometry which will make your Bryce files massive.

Of course, I am only guessing as I don't use DAZ Studio and someone else may know different.

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198

Thanks for that Dave. Daz Studio was the only one mentioned in the advertising but I thought I would ask anyway. looks like I'm off to Rendo for "Flinks"grass and meadows.

Cheers GG.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    kiwi_gg said:

Thanks for that Dave. Daz Studio was the only one mentioned in the advertising but I thought I would ask anyway. looks like I'm off to Rendo for "Flinks"grass and meadows.

Cheers GG.

Any objects from Daz Studio and other programs as OBJ or 3DS files can be used in Bryce. It is important not to lose transparency maps and other textures. It happens sometimes. You just need to know where they are and find them on the disk.
    In my opinion it makes no sense to spend $ 50 to buy grass and trees, if you do not extract from this profit. The network is full of free models.

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198

Slepalex. you're right about the Obj & 3ds formats. I do like to get freebies whenever possible but someimes buying what you want is easier than searching the net especially when on limited internet access.

Cheers GG.