Looping edges

Hi,

Is there a simple way in Hexagon to loop edges or points that have only two connections? In Carrara, I just double-click and it's done. Hexagon doesn't seem to allow me to loop these edges :(

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj3rUlbEDZwyq2ERKskFn5wkTs_D

Best wishes,
Thomas

Comments

• Top left of the Hexagon's main window, see screen grab. You can also use a shortcut key, mine is "L" not sure if this is the default key. 

LOOP.jpg
    780 x 546 - 78K
  • ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Thanks. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've been working with Hexagon for years, so I know the "Loop" feature quite well :)

The Looping only works for points with at least 3 connections to other points. A "direct" loop (point with 2 connections to other points) doesn't seem to be possible. Try to create a mesh with the "Facet" tool. You'll see that you cannot loop the edges. Carrara can!

Best wishes,
    Thomas

Only possible solution seems to grow the selection. Thanks though.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    ThomasSc said:

Only possible solution seems to grow the selection. Thanks though.

No, it isn't.

Select the face, then convert the selection to edges.

Hi,

Not in this case. If you do, it will select the outer edge, not the inner.

Best wishes,
    Thomas Schwenke

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

For edges or facets, use "J" keybord shortcut. (Connect selection)

Thanks, but this is only possible for partial loops. You cannot create a full loop with connecting selections, as far as I know.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Frankly, you'd have a lot less issues if you weren't using ngons.

Hi,

Thanks. I'm cleaning up STEP files with a lot of tris. Using "Merge coplanar faces" works quite well, but gives me this situation. And I don't want to rebuild the whole model. If you have another advice for cleaning up these kind of files, feel free to tell me.

Best wishes,
    Thomas