When is the manual for DAZ Studio 4.10 going to be released?

I have update from version 4.6 to 4.10 and then I start the program and click on the tab and link for the user guide,

I get to the old manaul. Many of the new future is hard to learn then there is no written manual to read!

The rendering and lightning and shadows works totally different from the earlier version!

Any idea then a new manual will be released?

Thanks!

Alf

Comments

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Lol... "DAZ Soon." Which translates into "Don't hold your breath."  I love DAZ and its software to pieces, but documentation is ALWAYS notoriously slow to catch up with the software versions.  Your best bet is to hit the forums and ask about specific things when you want to do them.  There are also tutorials built into the program itself. 

• There isn't an updated guide, but there are details on the new features added in recent(ish, it goes back to at least 4.8) versions here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/start

• shadowfire87shadowfire87 Posts: 11
    edited October 2018

There isn't an updated guide, but there are details on the new features added in recent(ish, it goes back to at least 4.8) versions here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/start

That is true Sir, but I have been out of making art with D|S for a minute, I am getting back into making art with D|S and certain basics has changed. For instance: How do I change the background color? That setting is no longer available under the Viewport Settings menu. Has it been taken out or changed? Current documentation does not reflect foundational knowledge one needs to know. I would love to read updated guides as soon as possible but if you can answer that one question, here and now that will make me very happy.

Post edited by shadowfire87 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

you will find it under

Window>Style>Customise Style Viewport

• It depends - as Scorpio says, you can chnaeg the non-rndering background colour in the Style settings, but if you want to change the render backdrop to a colour or image you need the Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment pane.