I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Glad I kept the two gel cold packs.. makes my busted foot happier. :)

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

Nutz to hurty feet but the beer sounds good :)

It was very relaxing, and I got to bed early! :coolsmile: Ready to have a decent Friday, I hope. :cheese:

Friday was cold and gloomy and wet for me, hopes you do better :)

Woke up pretty late, and it's a bloody monsoon here today! I think it will let up by the time Diane is coming home from work, though.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

I turned 18 the year we got the Vote. Some States, mine included, lowered the drinking age to 18 at the same time. I wasn't crazy about beer at the time, but it was cheap, and I enjoyed the effect. :lol:
    Then I had a beer with pepperoni pizza.
    And the rest, as they say, is history. :lol:

When I was 17, 18, I was enjoying a slightly different effect...but it was not as wet. Pizza also tasted really good then. :-P

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Pizza today is getting worse and worse. They are all switching to a really sweet sauce which I hate.

edited December 1969

Bought some FRIED CHICKEN! :cheese:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=100323

Olaf and the Shield-Maiden will need this! :snake:

Exnem makes some good stuff. Have you seen his Glass Ensemble? Impressive.

Dana

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Pizza today is getting worse and worse. They are all switching to a really sweet sauce which I hate.

I agree. It's stupid, sugar into everything nowadays to sell it to kids. "Eat this it's sweet", yeah, that worked out well for me. :blank:

I'm going to start making my own pan-baked pizzas, I swear. :blank:

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Papa Gino's still has a nice spiciness to it, and I think they use olive oil. And for frozen pizzas, I like Freschetta...it has a nice spicy kick. We actually have a lot of this. It is pretty quick in the oven, about 18 minutes. I usually have it ready when Diane gets home from work on Fridays.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Bought some FRIED CHICKEN! :cheese:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=100323

Olaf and the Shield-Maiden will need this! :snake:

Exnem makes some good stuff. Have you seen his Glass Ensemble? Impressive.

Dana

Wow, that's an impressive collection! Be worth it for the OBJs, then surface in DS. Hmmmm...

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Its the same in Australia... Pizza is becoming less and less to my taste. Tho, I'm finding the smaller or non-franchised pizza shops tend to be better, varies from place to place of course.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited August 2013

We only have one pizza joint that still uses the same sauce it used for 20+ years. Wedgewood Pizza. In my opinion the best of anywhere I've ever tried. I've had pizza in Chicago, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California and none of them even compare.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

My wife compares everything to Bocce's Pizza from her childhood and, sadly, very little compares.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    And Borg, i saw you mention the Underworld style earlier, and that you were playing with colours, so when I rendered a scene I too had a play. Only, rather then light the scene with blue/green lights, I used warm colours, then dabbled with colour values in Photoshop, similar to how films do it (I worked that out by looking at the film footage and comparing it to behind the scenes footage/photos)

If I had less neutralized the lighting with more vibrant yellows and oranges, the colour value editing in PS would have a much more effect on the image. bright Yellow essentially becomes greenish and mid tones tend to go blue, but interestingly, Reds become vibrant.

...I love it. Free the Creeper!
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tee hee heee. they want me to order a: rubber love joy coupling for the Oberdorfer

over tired i think. it's hi-larious isn't it? will it fit into the bag of holding? tee heeeeez

does Michael need one of those for his oberdorfer?

bwaahhhhahhhhahhh

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

...yep. At least I have the PC Coupon for the G2 Morphs Pack, that will save at least 6$.

If another 5$ coupon is offered (hint hint), that will help with this and one other thing I need to get started.

Guess I could also wait until the mid month judging is complete for the PC August Challenge but that would be cutting things close. Though competition is pretty stiff. even a 10$ GC would be a big help.

edited December 1969

tee hee heee. they want me to order a: rubber love joy coupling for the Oberdorfer

over tired i think. it's hi-larious isn't it? will it fit into the bag of holding? tee heeeeez

bwaahhhhahhhhahhh

My oberdorfer could sure use a little rubber love joy coupling... :red: :red:

Maybe a stop at the strip club? :vampire:

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

bwaahhhhahhhhahhh

Do they allow love joy coupling in the strip club? I thought it was strictly hands off the oberdorfer in there.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:

bwaahhhhahhhhahhh

Do they allow love joy coupling in the strip club? I thought it was strictly hands off the oberdorfer in there.

Depends. While you can't really get a reasonable rubber love joy coupling, you can - if you know the right people - get your oberdorfer retreaded, which is a good second best.... :red: :red:

edited December 1969

Another day, another mountain of insects that fell to my mighty Sword of Debugging +3!

One hour forty minutes and I head out in 100F temps to make a bank run, drop some money on the prepaid card, and.. either go home (cheapest option) or go out to retread the oberdorfer (costly). :red: :red:

I need a break - past 3 weeks have been insane, this is the first day all week when I didn't have someone come rushing to my cue with a never-before-discovered issue in a product that's been shipping for months.. :blank:

That's the downside of batting cleanup - you get everyone ELSE'S messes to deal with. I mean, I'll have work until I die, but.. it's not always fun.

Today I debugged 2 different products, one application, in 3 languages. No wonder my head hurts.

Regardless, there will be copious amounts of beer tonight, and tasty foodies! :cheese:

edited December 1969

KK, you have a PM! :P

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I gotta question. Once I get {new figure name withheld} downloaded from {site link and name withheld} and have her working in carrara, can I post renders of her?

My complaint is that will probably get pulled before answered.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

If you manage to download Dawn and get her working in Carrara then I see no reason why you can't post the images in the Carrara thread.

funny-pictures-cat-is-bored.jpg
    400 x 266 - 26K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Apparant high interest has borked the server at {sitename withheld}. I don't see how they can justify pulling an image you made. But then...

Dana

edited December 1969

Dawn is out? I'll have to check her out this weekend, or next week, when the Slashdot effect is over.

Not like I need more content.. :lol: :blank:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can't afford the ones I have now, but I am always up to check a new one. I've probably checked every free figure ever made and released.
    They live and die by their support.

edited December 1969

Ok, time to pack up and go. Much running around.. and won't get home until late!

Talk at everyone tomorrow! :cheese:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If you manage to download Dawn and get her working in Carrara then I see no reason why you can't post the images in the Carrara thread.

I think the keywords are "manage to download".

:-S

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

...interesting, one of my gaming groups in college had more of a predilection for the hard stuff, Rum, Whiskey, Scotch and "To-Kill-Ya" (usually the cheap "well" brands). That's what happens when you go to a school with a lot of trust fund kids. One fellow had a particular taste for the true Scotch malt whiskey. When my Sci Fi campaign came to a close after two and a half years (with the crew accomplishing their mission) he bought me a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year old in thanks for providing such a rousing tale to be a part of.

However my taste for the peaty elixir didn't develop fully until I was working for that development firm. At the time rents were cheap here (before all the gentrification and upscale development) so I had lots of disposable income. I'd be known to walk into this "sort of" Irish pub Kell's and sit down by what I called the "wailing wall" which was all Scots male whiskey, point at a bottle (sometimes just because I liked the name, especially those which had the fewest vowels in them), and asked for a glass, clean, no ice. The barkeep would look at me and say something like "that's twenty dollars sir", I'd just look him in the eye and nod and he'd climb the ladder, pull the bottle down and pour me my drink.

Yeah, that job totally spoiled me, can't touch the cheap blended stuff anymore. Now the only time I get a glass of the on my birthday.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

Was gonna say the same thing lol KK is in heaven haha

Strangely, I see the promotions/banners/promos of "growing up" yet the actual product is not there. All I see is "new releases" that came out on and before 2 days ago

I don't think KK has been sold on the whole G2F thing. Of course the base G2F is free, and "Growing Up" works on that.
    ...precisely.

..and I've been saving my precious zlotys for the morphs and especially V4 clone so I have some clothing and skin textures to us (since all the YT5 maps were based off of the V4 UV).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Delta aa Dawn, wuz thah flowers yoo haz on ... lalalala

edited December 1969

So, I make an order from a large online retailer for 5 items. Now this retailer has "fulfillment centers" all over the country. Each item is coming from a different fulfillment center. As if that isn't crazy enough, I missed the FedEx delivery on one item yesterday because i didn't hear the knock. Now here's the silly part.

2 months ago i ordered a $40 item from this company and it was left at my door because no signature was required. The item that I missed yesterday because they DID require a signature? A $4 package of trash bags. *Facepalm*

...used to work for one of those (any of it coming form Beaverton OR perhaps?).

Handled the billing management for our main client's account (who had been with our firm for 30 years and was pretty much our "bread & butter" client so to say) before their new management team decided to cut corners and go with a "low ball" offer from a company in the Midwest.

No names here but this other house, which already took over the printing for this same client's publications from a very reputable print house, had serious quality control issues from the printing and binding to packaging and even shipping. We would never let anything as bad as what we saw in their work leave our docks, and always made sure it as packaged to arrive in good shape and shipped in a timely manner. Now this firm also handles all the distribution, custom work, and custom imprinting we used to do for this client. Given what I saw of their "commitment to quality" just in the printed matter we received from them, I fear for the client.

Our company developed a very solid and good working relationship with this client over the years, and many of their people whom we worked with were sad to see it end as well as were very "apprehensive" of the change. Received some very nice emails forwarded to me after I was laid off from several of their managers whom I had daily contact with.

...but then as we say in the shadows of the sprawl, Biz is Biz.

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...interesting, one of my gaming groups in college had more of a predilection for the hard stuff, Rum, Whiskey, Scotch and "To-Kill-Ya" (usually the cheap "well" brands). That's what happens when you go to a school with a lot of trust fund kids. One fellow had a particular taste for the true Scotch malt whiskey. When my Sci Fi campaign came to a close after two and a half years (with the crew accomplishing their mission) he bought me a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year old in thanks for providing such a rousing tale to be a part of.

However my taste for the peaty elixir didn't develop fully until I was working for that development firm. At the time rents were cheap here (before all the gentrification and upscale development) so I had lots of disposable income. I'd be known to walk into this "sort of" Irish pub Kell's and sit down by what I called the "wailing wall" which was all Scots male whiskey, point at a bottle (sometimes just because I liked the name, especially those which had the fewest vowels in them), and asked for a glass, clean, no ice. The barkeep would look at me and say something like "that's twenty dollars sir", I'd just look him in the eye and nod and he'd climb the ladder, pull the bottle down and pour me my drink.

Yeah, that job totally spoiled me, can't touch the cheap blended stuff anymore. Now the only time I get a glass of the on my birthday.

My taste for uisge beatha came in much the same way. Only thing, the DM did not go for the cheap stuff (which, to be honest, Glenn 12 year old is). Instead I was exposed to multiple lesser known but much better brands. Around Christmas, I bought a case of Bunnahabhain 32 Year Old 1979 - Rare Auld. That's for the glass or two per month. My regular is Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old.

This discussion has been closed.