I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2013

Hey found the Vulcan mission, it was/they were the longest operational flights in the day, teh cool for a medium range aircraft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Black_Buck

vb2.jpg
    676 x 403 - 36K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Glad I kept the two gel cold packs.. makes my busted foot happier. :)

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

Nutz to hurty feet but the beer sounds good :)

It was very relaxing, and I got to bed early! :coolsmile: Ready to have a decent Friday, I hope. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Friday! Complaints:

- Super weird dreams all night :bug:
    - Woke up way too early
    - In to work way too early
    - Another 100f+ day in store

Non-complaints:

- Should be a quiet day
    - Smoked turkey wrap (home made) for breakfast :coolsmile:
    - Quiet weekend ahead, good for rendering
    - Tummy not so upset with me today
    - Got am email from an Intel recruiter asking for my latest resume (probably nothing, though)

It all balances out. I'm hoping to hit the bank, hit Walmart to load the prepaid card, and get home - all before 8:00pm! :bug: We'll see if I can pull it off.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

It was very relaxing, and I got to bed early! :coolsmile: Ready to have a decent Friday, I hope. :cheese:

Friday was cold and gloomy and wet for me, hopes you do better :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

rainz rainz rainz can't watch the meteor stuff going on.

rip current alert. it's tough getting to beach without a car.

130809.JPG
    819 x 532 - 84K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Friday was cold and gloomy and wet for me, hopes you do better :)

It looks to be another warm and toasty Central Texas day. :coolsmile: - I need to buy a cowboy hat! :blank:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

rainz rainz rainz can't watch the meteor stuff going on.

rip current alert. it's tough getting to beach without a car.

Hmm Not sure where they get the sunny with clouds bit from for Merthyr is dull and dingy here. Feels colder than they say it should be.

Hmm

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

not going to be too bad of a day

weathertoday.jpg
    477 x 346 - 39K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it actually surprises me that over processed foods get the nod over more natural ones. Usually they have a lot of gunk, chemicals, and preservatives that I would think would be worse.

....hmm, 4 days, 30 pages. We may break 100 by mid month if this rate keeps up.

Right? Canned Peaches in Syrup over Fresh, I can have fresh also, margarine over butter, can't touch butter at all, non-dairy whipped toppings no dairy based ones. But in truth I do have to HUNT labels for hidden no no's. Surprisingly Manwich has no hidden phosphates or potassium additives. It's almost healthy even.
    Used to love Sloppy Joes when I was a kid.
    "A sandwich is only a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal!"
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

Was gonna say the same thing lol KK is in heaven haha

Strangely, I see the promotions/banners/promos of "growing up" yet the actual product is not there. All I see is "new releases" that came out on and before 2 days ago
    I don't think KK has been sold on the whole G2F thing. Of course the base G2F is free, and "Growing Up" works on that.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

Was gonna say the same thing lol KK is in heaven haha

Strangely, I see the promotions/banners/promos of "growing up" yet the actual product is not there. All I see is "new releases" that came out on and before 2 days ago
    Was mentioned in a "Growing Up" thread. Zev0's on it. :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

I turned 18 the year we got the Vote. Some States, mine included, lowered the drinking age to 18 at the same time. I wasn't crazy about beer at the time, but it was cheap, and I enjoyed the effect. :lol:
    Then I had a beer with pepperoni pizza.
    And the rest, as they say, is history. :lol:

edited August 2013

Rareth said:
    not going to be too bad of a day

i didn't recognize yoo without the cutey adorable puppy face. :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

after someone is on a strong antibiotic, isn't there something he has to do to put the good bacteria back into his intestines, or something?

edited December 1969

Not so much a complaint as a sad.
    I can't get used to Jack not greeting me when I go out, or when I come home. I keep looking around for him and then I think, "Oh, yeah..."
    I caught myself grabbing a couple of milkbones out of the box out of habit yesterday, then put them back.
    That little jerk never did anything I told him to and drove me nuts, but I miss him too much.
    I'll get another dog, but I'm not ready yet.

edited December 1969

after someone is on a strong antibiotic, isn't there something he has to do to put the good bacteria back into his intestines, or something?

Live culture yogurt works best. I can't eat yogurt (too much sugar) so I eat "probiotic fiber chews", sugar-free tablets of gut-helping goodness! :coolsmile:

edited August 2013

http://aboutyogurt.com/Live-Culture
    ETA: Sorry, cross-post.
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Bought some FRIED CHICKEN! :cheese:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=100323

Olaf and the Shield-Maiden will need this! :snake:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Complaint!

Significant Otter and in-laws are returning from Lapland earlier than planned. :( Bummer! I was having way too much fun, with just me an' kitty.

Today Orcus discovered that I make a better bed than the sofa. He slept on me and I was pinned.

Also:

Me: *heads to the kitchen to prepare lunch/dinner, which is liver casserole*
    Orcus: MEOW!
    Me: No kitty, this is MY food.
    Orcus: MEOW MEOW MEOW!
    Me: ...now, granted, I understand that you can't tell the difference based on sight alone...

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Live culture yogurt works best. I can't eat yogurt (too much sugar) so I eat "probiotic fiber chews", sugar-free tablets of gut-helping goodness! :coolsmile:

You can also get probiotics from the pharmacy - ask for the refrigerated one.

If you have a decent middle eastern store near you you can get a good yogurt that has no sugar added. You might also check out the greek style yogurts but you have to watch the labels on those. My wife has the yogurt and mixed with some homemade granola and a touch of local honey for her breakfast most days. I like it mixed with fresh fruit so the only sugars I'm getting are from the fruit itself.

Also available from middle eastern shops is a yogurt cheese called Labneh (spellings may be different). It's basically their standard yogurt hung in a cheese cloth for at least a day so that all the whey drains out. Is much thicker and still has the benefits of yogurt. We use it in place of sour cream for a lot of things, also good spread on toast or a bagel like cream cheese. It's more tart though so might be an acquired taste.

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

So, I make an order from a large online retailer for 5 items. Now this retailer has "fulfillment centers" all over the country. Each item is coming from a different fulfillment center. As if that isn't crazy enough, I missed the FedEx delivery on one item yesterday because i didn't hear the knock. Now here's the silly part.

2 months ago i ordered a $40 item from this company and it was left at my door because no signature was required. The item that I missed yesterday because they DID require a signature? A $4 package of trash bags. *Facepalm*

edited December 1969

probiotic fiber chews, Thanks!

Thanks TJ! will have to check if the yogurt i'm eating has the 'Live & Active Cultures seal'

edited December 1969

tee hee is a camera in sunglasses http://www.amazon.com/Sunglasses-Player-Camera-Camcorder-Recorder/dp/B00A49WXJ8

ooo boy, flashdrives come in 128gb now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TS1J1I
    ooo ooo 16gb for ten buks and change

buk buk biggak

edited August 2013

tee hee is a camera in sunglasses http://www.amazon.com/Sunglasses-Player-Camera-Camcorder-Recorder/dp/B00A49WXJ8

ooo boy, flashdrives come in 128gb now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TS1J1I
    ooo ooo 16gb for ten buks and change

buk buk biggak

Actually they come in 256GB now, though a bit pricey still

Edit to fix link

Post edited by Sisca on
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:

If you have a decent middle eastern store near you you can get a good yogurt that has no sugar added. You might also check out the greek style yogurts but you have to watch the labels on those. My wife has the yogurt and mixed with some homemade granola and a touch of local honey for her breakfast most days. I like it mixed with fresh fruit so the only sugars I'm getting are from the fruit itself.

Also available from middle eastern shops is a yogurt cheese called Labneh (spellings may be different). It's basically their standard yogurt hung in a cheese cloth for at least a day so that all the whey drains out. Is much thicker and still has the benefits of yogurt. We use it in place of sour cream for a lot of things, also good spread on toast or a bagel like cream cheese. It's more tart though so might be an acquired taste.

Good idea about the pharmacy - there's one on the bus line near my place where I get my glucose test strips, I'll ask.

In in Austin, TX - "Middle East" here means "Tennessee". :blank:

edited December 1969

Sisca said:

Good idea about the pharmacy - there's one on the bus line near my place where I get my glucose test strips, I'll ask.

I would have thought there might be at least a falafel place near UT though it is Texas so maybe not. If so you could always ask them where they get their yogurt.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Sisca said:

I would have thought there might be at least a falafel place near UT though it is Texas so maybe not. If so you could always ask them where they get their yogurt.

I think there's a falafel *truck* somewhere.. maybe a place that serves some Middle Eastern stuff.. but even here, it's not exactly nearly as pan-cultural as Silicon Valley was. :down: There are two "Mediterranean" grocery/deli places, about 12 miles from me - one is on the bus line but it's really small. Might be worth checking anyway. :-S

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    And Borg, i saw you mention the Underworld style earlier, and that you were playing with colours, so when I rendered a scene I too had a play. Only, rather then light the scene with blue/green lights, I used warm colours, then dabbled with colour values in Photoshop, similar to how films do it (I worked that out by looking at the film footage and comparing it to behind the scenes footage/photos)

If I had less neutralized the lighting with more vibrant yellows and oranges, the colour value editing in PS would have a much more effect on the image. bright Yellow essentially becomes greenish and mid tones tend to go blue, but interestingly, Reds become vibrant.

The only thing with this image is that the artificial lighting wouldn't normally have the same tonal quality as the natural night skylight. Those are the little details that make an image more believable. That light would either be warmer, or have a greenish tint. Check out photography tutorials about mixing natural and artificial lighting, and you'll see the odd effect of flourescent light mixed with natural light, on daylight film of course. These are differences that the eye catches, but sometimes tries to overcome so that a scene looks more natural to the brain. But if you pay attention you notice it more. It is exaggerated in the art of a famous modern painter...the warm glow of artificial light coming from the window in a house in a night scene.

Sorry, didn't mean to be preachy or anything.

Dana

edited December 1969

Sisca said:

Jamminwolf has a similar product for V4 over at Renderosity. I haven't had the money to buy it, but it's in my wishlist. I think it's pretty impressive how he did that with V4!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

I have no desire to "acquire a taste" for something that tastes like...well, tastes like beer. It must be even more like that if you drink it in England...since they drink it warm. :sick:

Dana

This discussion has been closed.