• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kyoto Kid

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Great tutorial/illustrations :cheese:

edited December 1969

Thank you awesomefb...hope it helps you in your quest to understand lighting...it is a vast and complicated thing to grasp but in time you should get there. Try to understand why and what you are lighting, what mood you want to set. Don't think real world lighting, you got to think CG lighting where you have to fake everything.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Your very welcome Pete :cheese: I'm really grateful to those like yourself, that take the time to do tutorials. I have learned quite alot at the forum, satisfied with my learning progress. I'll keep your tips in mind, while setting up lights. Another insert for my notebook. Keep up the great work, happy rendering ;-)

Szark said:
    Thank you awesomefb...hope it helps you in your quest to understand lighting...it is a vast and complicated thing to grasp but in time you should get there. Try to understand why and what you are lighting, what mood you want to set. Don't think real world lighting, you got to think CG lighting where you have to fake everything.
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Another beautiful render. I love the light.

Szark said:
    Don't think real world lighting, you got to think CG lighting where you have to fake everything.

Yes, I think that approach really helps.

Why did you export the genesis figures as OBJs if you are rendering in DS?

edited December 1969

Thanks Luci. I cannot render using DS4.6 anymore due to my PC so I use DS3A still.