Post Your Space Scenes

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Bigh - I like it too, but feel some work may need to be done to make it truly realistic....;-)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

laughing and laughing - OK guys - will think about it :P

edited December 1969

Space 2 from iClone :P

01_space.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 467K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

oops Bigh, wrong forum
    next thing we'll be seeing lightwave renders!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

oops Bigh, wrong forum

Ssshhhh.... Don't tell Garstor about this thread then! ;-)

edited December 1969

oops Bigh, wrong forum

Ssshhhh.... Don't tell Garstor about this thread then! ;-)

laughing - you guys :coolsmile:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited August 2013

We launch a probe from our science vessel to take more readi....

hi Dart, that whole series of images gets the grande thumbs up from me :)
    have you thought about doing a Blurb book of your images?
    would be great to see them in one place

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

Wow, bigh, I really like your space toon...

Now did you use a gamma = 2.2 on that?

heh Joe that's very funny :)
    now I'm loving your new avatar too, I betta get around for making one for myself

Bigh, were those renders Bryce as well? ;)

edited August 2013

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

wendy, you know you already made me spill my coffee on my keyboard once this week......

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited August 2013

head wax said:

Funny how seeing them like this makes that scene look vastly too busy. It is, indeed, supposed to be rather chaotic. But the animation looks so much better. I do better with moving pictures than stills, in my opinion - but I don't share enough of them for you to get an idea of what I mean - too nervous about rights and such once they hit YouTube, or wherever else I might find means to post them.

Hopefully soon, I'll get some of my stuff together in a form that can be shown. One man team animation/sound/music/fx/production takes such a miserably long time. But it's enormously enjoyable to do :)

EDIT:
    I am a fan of Ivy's Animations and I know that she has dealt with 'rights' issues and YouTube. I intend to have a bit of a sit down with her and see if I can score some advice. If you haven't checked out bigh's stuff in the animation forum yet, I strongly suggest that you do. It'll be worth the trip! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Wow, bigh, I really like your space toon...

Now did you use a gamma = 2.2 on that?

heh Joe that's very funny :)
    now I'm loving your new avatar too, I betta get around for making one for myself

Bigh, were those renders Bryce as well? ;)

no - don't use Bryce much any more - no 64bit , no animation for DS models
    still like it . wish Daz would do some thing with it .

edited December 1969

head wax said:

Funny how seeing them like this makes that scene look vastly too busy. It is, indeed, supposed to be rather chaotic. But the animation looks so much better. I do better with moving pictures than stills, in my opinion - but I don't share enough of them for you to get an idea of what I mean - too nervous about rights and such once they hit YouTube, or wherever else I might find means to post them.

Hopefully soon, I'll get some of my stuff together in a form that can be shown. One man team animation/sound/music/fx/production takes such a miserably long time. But it's enormously enjoyable to do :)

I agree - hard to do scenes from a video you are making .
    whats with - Right and such ?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I don't use the "Monetize" feature of YouTube. But still, I'll need to read all of the agreement terms again. I recall reading a while back about people not being able to market videos through anyone but YouTube once they've posted it to YouTube. I haven't read into it much - as I've just been posting nonsense stuff and tutorials. Nothing I'd consider making available in any other format.
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

;-P

space.jpg
    640 x 480 - 26K
    edited August 2013

bigh said:
    I don't use the "Monetize" feature of YouTube. But still, I'll need to read all of the agreement terms again. I recall reading a while back about people not being able to market videos through anyone but YouTube once they've posted it to YouTube. I haven't read into it much - as I've just been posting nonsense stuff and tutorials. Nothing I'd consider making available in any other format.
    I enabled it but still have gotten ZILCH!
    I had to enter a few copyright disputes along the way, not on renders but my music, did get all resolved in the end
    "Jingle bells" was the most drawn out one, I actually used the public domain music score on Wikipedia from the ROUD library NOT somebody's midi file like they infered AND composed my OWN harmonic accompaniment to boot!
    yet they still persisted with the matched content thingy.
    still no munnnnnny though :long:
    mot_a_razoo.jpg
    827 x 723 - 100K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Zim 6 - 3

8_1013_B.jpg
    1441 x 627 - 172K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Zim 6 - 3

Very nice bigh. Really nice details on the terrain. The atmosphere and clouds really help to sell the altitude. The object on the left side of the screen- I assume it's a ship or craft of some sort- is a bit lost in the picture. That would be my only quibble.

edited December 1969

Bigh, is that a Bryce render by some chance?

edited December 1969

Bigh, is that a Bryce render by some chance?

nope not Bryce .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Zim 6 - 3

Very nice bigh. Really nice details on the terrain. The atmosphere and clouds really help to sell the altitude. The object on the left side of the screen- I assume it's a ship or craft of some sort- is a bit lost in the picture. That would be my only quibble.

thank you !

edited December 1969

Zim 6 - 4

8_1113.jpg
    1441 x 627 - 158K
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Bigh, you give good landscape :) Seriously, very nice renders and it seems evident you are a master at terrain and atmosphere. I've been enjoying all the excellent sci-fi renders and I just wanted to say.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Zim 6 - 4

Very atmospheric - though it looks like the atmosphere may be toxic!
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Bigh, you give good landscape :) Seriously, very nice renders and it seems evident you are a master at terrain and atmosphere. I've been enjoying all the excellent sci-fi renders and I just wanted to say.

thank you :-)

• shlomi laszloshlomi laszlo Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

gas giant

gas_giant1.png
    2000 x 1500 - 953K
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited August 2013

I have a bunch of spheres and the color of each needs to be some random shade of gray. How can I achieve this in Carrara with a procedural shader? Not looking for different ways to get the same result, I know several.

In some other programs I might use the object's coordinates to randomize the color but I can't see any way to do that in Carrara.

Post edited by araneldon on
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I have a bunch of spheres and the color of each needs to be some random shade of gray. How can I achieve this in Carrara with a procedural shader? Not looking for different ways to get the same result, I know several.

In some other programs I might use the object's coordinates to randomize the color but I can't see any way to do that in Carrara.

Each sphere needs to be random, solid shade of gray, or do you mean you want the spheres to have random areas of different shades of gray on them?

edited December 1969

araneldon said:

Sorry, I re-read your post and I think I understand better. I think there may be a plugin that can do that. I've read of similar effects based on camera proximity, etc. Holly has a good review of shader plugins at Carrara Cafe. The answer may be found there.

Something that could work as well is using one shader for the spheres and setting up a color gradient using the elevation function set to global, then adjusting the the parameters such as blend and wiggle to see what you get. You may end up with spheres that have different shades on them though.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Each sphere a random solid shade of gray, yes. Or more generally, for each object one random value that may be used to alter the shading.

I figured this is so basic that there has to be some way without plugins.