Curious as to if there are any rag doll physics.

Are there any plugins, or any settings where I just can make bodies go limp, or fly limply against other objects? I have a lot of dead bodies that could use it. If it does not exist. It could be handy. I would love some natural limp dead bodies. 

(out of context that sounds pretty screwed up.)

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

There are no options to do this natively within Daz studio.
    I imagine somene has created some dead body pose sets  for the store
    for stills at least, might be worth a search.

I use Endorphin for my ragdoll animations

• Unreal game engine has ragdoll if you use physics versions DAZ rigged FBX imports

it is a simple as dragging them into the scene and hitting play

and players can kick them around 

but exporting it I am unsure about

never actually tried it or any animation exports

• Houdini has a ragdoll crowd simulation.  Getting it back into DAZ to render would be problematic since you'd have to export them as an .obj.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/crowds/ragdoll.html

• MalusMalus Posts: 370

I am going from Daz to Modo to C4D in the end so I really only need it to go limp. I have Houdini but my computer really hates it. For some reason sometimes Unreal just freezes up my computer or never opens. Which is odd because when I first downloaded it, it opened fine. To the other person dead poses not so good. I want realistic limp-ness but I will poke what you are speaking of to see what you are speaking of. I like natural limp things. Hence when scattering things I use physics engines and such. I could place them if I want to but it does not have the same feel. 

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited September 2018

"I like natural limp things. Hence when scattering things I use physics engines and such. I could place them if I want to but it does not have the same feel. "

I agree completely  you need a ragdoll physics simulation to get that natural "limpness" with a 3D character.
    I go from Iclone to Daz to C4D via MDD animated genesis meshes

Endorphin, the app I use for ragdoll , is no longer available to the public.crying
    I keep an old windows vista compaq tower alive, just to keep the powerful endorphin app in my pipeline as there truly is not A  modern day replacement for its feature set IMHO.

IIRC the only other apps that have ragdoll simulation is Autodesk motionbuilder and perhaps Blender 

This impalement animation on my youtube channel has over six thousand views, so indeed peope like a good ragdoll sim.

Post edited by wolf359 on
    wolf359 said:

"I like natural limp things. Hence when scattering things I use physics engines and such. I could place them if I want to but it does not have the same feel. "

I agree completely  you need a ragdoll physics simulation to get that natural "limpness" with a 3D character.

Endorphin, the app I use for ragdoll , is no longer available to the public.crying
    I keep an old windows vista compaq tower alive, just to keep the powerful endorphin app in my pipeline as there truly is not A  modern day replacement for its feature set IMHO.

IIRC the only other apps that have ragdoll simulation is Autodesk motionbuilder and perhaps Blender 

This impalement animation on my youtube channel has over six thousand views, so indeed peope like a good ragdoll sim.

C4D seems to actually have some ragdoll phsyics albeit I am unsure if it works on rigged models. I can only find one wooden doll thing and holy crap is it tedious. I cannot find anything on rigged models then again tutorials are a pain in the ass to find. If you can find anything about rag doll and C4D let me know because I can't for rigged models. Going the tedious route if that was the thing you had to do would be insane in the future when it comes down to what I would need it for. I would try Houdini's out but my computer hates it, and I cannot find much in the way of good tutorials. They always have use a preset that comes with it, it never tell me what to import how etc. 

wolf359 said:

I found something for c4d seems the tedious route to an extent is the only one for it.