Poser Users News

FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040
edited September 2018 in The Commons

This came up on my Facebook page and I don't remember seeing any posts about it. I don't use Poser but knew it would be of interest.

https://magazine.renderosity.com/article/4746/renderosity-to-become-official-marketplace-for-poser

Post edited by Fishtales on

Comments

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2018

Does this mean ContentParadise will be killed? Or would it be "adopted" by rendo like RuntimeDNA partially adopted by DAZ3D?

edit:

Seems like it

As a result, we will be shutting down the Content Paradise marketplace on Nov. 12, 2018, and moving our own content to Renderosity.

I wonder if some artist would come here instead

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    edited September 2018

Thanks for posting this!   Could not find this on a search, and I supposedly get the newsletters, but never heard anything until yesterday.

That will probably work out better for the vendors, as SMS was not paying much attention to CP.

I am grabbing some VUE and maybe Carrara items that might not transfer.  No indication if they will have a "Fire Sale" or not.

Post edited by Greymom on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I have to say, I really don't like Content Paradise. The way it's set up, the fact that you have to pay extra to keep anything you bought on their servers, it's all just a huge turn off. Perhaps things will improve with the shift to Rendo. We'll see. 

• Will current Content Paradise user accounts be transfered to renderosity or do we have to open new accounts on Rendo?

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 166
    Llynara said:

I have to say, I really don't like Content Paradise. The way it's set up, the fact that you have to pay extra to keep anything you bought on their servers, it's all just a huge turn off. Perhaps things will improve with the shift to Rendo. We'll see. 

Same here. I stopped visiting their site years ago.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

There are a few HW artists that have items at CP and don't want to go to rendo, so they're just bringing all their stufff to HW.  I guess it's a thought if anyone wants to do that.

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited September 2018

They could have gotten rid of Content Paradise years ago.  I never found much in their store worth purchasing and I have noticed within the last few months most of the content is geared more toward DAZ Studio items rather than being the source of Poser content.  It looks like Smith Micro has essentially abandoned Poser users again.  Renderosity has been going in that direction as well with fewer Poser vendors so stores for Poser items are becoming extinct.  I've given up  on all of them and I'm sure others have too.  Poser 11 will be my last upgrade even though I prefer Poser Pro 2014.

The Content Paradise website always was terrible.  Their web designers should have taken lessons from DAZ3D by making it more interesting.  I also hated trying to find out where they hide the place to change our passwords.  I found it recently, but years ago it didn't seem to exist.

Post edited by williamboswell on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
    Llynara said:

I feel the same way about it. And the conditions said that if you did pay for extended downloads this only lasted for two years. I can usually find my backups for downloads older than two years but I have recovered lost items from Daz and Renderosity that are much older than that.

I haven't used the site for a while but from what I can remember the promo images were't very large so it was difficult to get a good view of the products and in some cases it wasn't very clear what they were selling.

It would be nice if our account details could be transferred to Renderosity like Runtime DNA did moving to Daz, and if we could get redownloads enabled like we do for Renderosity products it would be great but what are the chances of that?

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,750

"They could have gotten rid of Content Paradise years ago.  I never found much in their store worth purchasing and I have noticed within the last few months most of the content is geared more toward DAZ Studio items rather than being the source of Poser content.  It looks like Smith Micro has essentially abandoned Poser users again.  Renderosity has been going in that direction as well with fewer Poser vendors so stores for Poser items are becoming extinct. "

There is a thread over at the smith micro poser forums
    where one dedicated user ,( Eclarke1894) ?? is maintaining
    an informal list of vendors & places that still develop content  for poser.
    However indeed the portents  seem very clear.
    The day may be coming where poser content developers will be as rare as a  film chemical mixers at Eastman kodak. indecision

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Pretty much only thing I liked about content Paradise was the birthday coupon.  Wonder if my content from Content Paradise will be transfered to Rendo like RDNA stuff did to DAZ3d?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Pretty much only thing I liked about content Paradise was the birthday coupon.  Wonder if my content from Content Paradise will be transfered to Rendo like RDNA stuff did to DAZ3d?

That's an interesting question, as the ability to download product at Content Paradise had an expiration date.  That's the primary reason I stopped buying there. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I am wondering what would happen to figures like Teri Yuki and any other figures that are found only at Content paradise?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

I am wondering what would happen to figures like Teri Yuki and any other figures that are found only at Content paradise?

If Rendo is becoming the "official" Poser store and CP is being shut down, one would think that most of the Smith Micro product, like the various poser animals, Miki 1-4, and the 2D animation sets for Animestudio/Clip studio, would move to the Smith MIcro sub-store that already exists at Rendo.  Terai Yuki might be a unique case, though, as she was actually sublicensed from a Japanese company and they might not continue the license.  Likewise, any PA produced product would probably move or not move on a case by case basis, depending on whether the PA wanted to move it to Rendo and if Rendo thinks it will sell.    

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited September 2018

I still go to content paradise. Its one of the few places to get Dzheng menswear and many old Michael 4 M4/M4 gay couples poses which aren't hosted at Rendo- I do think I own them all, but they convert pretty well to Gen8 and those pa's did a nice job on them. They just need a bit of tweaking and look good on G8 after conversion.

I am sorry to see it go.

I prefer more store fronts than fewer store fronts.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I bought every toon style model they have at CP but for the most part, if Smith Micro didn't develop a character product that pretty much meant the content product was never going to be developed. No more toon products released means I've not bought anything there since probably 2015. SM can now lay off the one or two staff member they have developing content I guess? Probably not because it comes bundles with Poser but it does save a lot of manhours for them not running CP for sure.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I bought every toon style model they have at CP but for the most part, if Smith Micro didn't develop a character product that pretty much meant the content product was never going to be developed. No more toon products released means I've not bought anything there since probably 2015. SM can now lay off the one or two staff member they have developing content I guess? Probably not because it comes bundles with Poser but it does save a lot of manhours for them not running CP for sure.

I think SM already laid off their content developers.