About using DSON

edited September 2018 in Poser Discussion

Hi all, will dson work with Poser 7 or 8? yes yes I know I am behind the times..but until I hit the lottery it's the best I can do :o) I even had to buy that version from SM on ebay back in the day but I can't complain, they threw in some extra goodies with it

Post edited by michaelxm_a1dddd836b on

Comments

• The minimum requirement is Poser 9, I'm afraid.

• Oh ok, thanks Richard

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302

The minimum requirement is Poser 9, I'm afraid.

I do not know what to do anymore. DSonImporter installed into my Poser 2012 Pro directory (64-bit version), and it shows under SCripts. But, whenever I try to load any of Genesis or Genesis2, I get the same message: "Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Basic Male.py", line 1, in <module>
        import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter.

Why does it have to be so complicated? Can you help - please?

• What is the exact path to the DSON file?

Hi Richard - thanks for your reply.

Sorry, where should I look? I'm not sure even what you mean by "DSON file.

I installed DSOn Importer to the Poser directory. I then  added the Daz Studio runtime library in Poser, and tried to load Genesis from there.

• I mean where is /Runtime/Python/addons/dson/dzdsonimporter.pyd for example?

• I'm having the exact same problem I had Poser 9 and 10 and had Michael 5, Genesis etc loaded and usable. Then I wasn't able to spend any time for a couple of years and forgot just about everything I knew about Poser.  thought it would come back quickly. IN the meatime, I got a new computer. Poser 9 and 10 wouldn't work with the new Windows 10. so I upgraded to Poser 11 and I've been trying to install my content from before. For some reason, Victoria 4 works as a couple other animals. But no matter what I do, I can't install Michael 5, and most of my content. I get the message: "Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Basic Male.py", line 1, in <module>     import dson.dzdsonimporter  ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter."

Will someone please help? I've searched all over the Poser forums here. at Renderosity, Smith Micro, Content Paradise. Can't find any info anywhere.I'm really upset that I can't use the program and the content I've spent what little $ I have on.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910

V4 works as she is in poser format and doesn't need the DSON importer, like all content before Genesis.

• What about Michael 5 and Genesis etc?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910

What about Michael 5 and Genesis etc?

Those require the DSON importer. No idea why it's not working on your system. Do you have all the service packs for P11 installed, and have you tried re-downloading (to be sure it's the latest version) and reinstalling the plugin?

• Have no clue. I’ve forgotten so much in the last couple of years. I’ll have to figure out how to even check. 

Hi Richard - Here is the path:

Program files/Smith Micro/Poser Pro 2012/Runtime/Python/addons/dson

The runtime for the Genesis figures is of course, the default DAZ Studio one where they get installed via Install Manager.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!!

• Well, that certainly looks right - and Poser Pro 2012 is a supported version. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited October 2018

In Windows 7 D3D's scripts will only run if I use the x86 version since they are Python, not my 64 bit version of Poser, though after running d3d scripts I can then use the results (typically modified characters) in the 64 bit version.  Have Win 10, but not using it so I don't know how/if it handles python sccripts in the same manner.  Vaguely think I might have gotten a traceback error when trying 64 bit instead of the x86 version for some python scripts, but not sure.

Post edited by Consumer573 on