erock3d.com - Erock3D Free Grass System

Erock3DErock3D Posts: 52
edited September 2018 in Freebies

Now available for free, on my newly launched website erock3d.com, is my Free Grass System!

For more information, and to download this and other free props and assets, please visit my websiteNO SIGN-UP REQUIRED!!

All of the grass shown in these images was created using the Erock3D Free Grass System.

Enjoy!

- Eric, Erock3D
https://erock3d.com

Erock3D Free Grass System Promo - Well
Erock3D Free Grass System Promo - Mindra and Dog In Grass With Dandelions
Erock3D Free Grass System Promo - Soccer Girl
Erock3D Free Grass System - Grass Hut

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited September 2018

This is a fabulous product and an absolute steal as a freebie!  It won't be too heavy on your system an you will get great results every time.  And don't be put off by it being 'only' a flat plane, I mean it's free so what more do you want, because with the use of deformers you can create hills and dips if you want and it will still look great.  Though you will need a separate deformer for the base and the grass because you only parent one to the other and have them both set to exactly the same values for it to work.  Here is a quick (very) rough render where I pushed the deformers to a bit of an extreme just to show how for you can go but still get a good result.  Seriously though the product is MUCH better than I make it look here!  LOL  Remember to pick up the free pack of Grass Flowers too.  

Thanks so much for this Erock3D, you do indeed ROCK!!  

Deformer Test on Erock Grass System

Grass Test.jpg
    468 x 442 - 163K
    Post edited by stuthurso on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

This is pretty good! Thanks!

• no noseno nose Posts: 299

For some reason when I load the base in there arent any textures applied, and if I try to add manually nothing happens.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

Coolio!  Now to get on the computer to try it out!

• Thank you erock3d, great freebies! Can't wait to play with them. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

I'll check this out when I get home.  Thanks.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Did a quick test on the square and it worked beautifully. I'm going to have so much fun with this. Thank you! smiley

• artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165

This is very nice, thank you.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Beautiful! Thank you so much!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

thanks very much

• no nose said:

For some reason when I load the base in there arent any textures applied, and if I try to add manually nothing happens.

Hmm.. Did you receive any error messages stating that there were missing files?

Do the grass props themselves load for you?  And if so, if zoomed in close, are the grass blades just rectangles?  The reason I ask is because I'm trying to determine if the textures were installed correctly.  The grass blades are transmapped, so if they do load correctly then the textures should have installed fine. (See image below.) If not, then the texture directory is in the wrong place. 

This should be the correct folder structure:
    My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Erock3D\Grass System\

This is really the only thing I can think of that would cause the base textures not to load with the base plane.

Out of curiosity are you running Daz Studio on a PC or a MAC?  I've not used Studio on a Mac, so I'm not familiar with there being any possible differences on the install that would be different from a PC.

Please let me know if this is the issue or not.  No one else has mentioned having any problems so far, so I want to make sure it gets fixed if there is an issue on my end.

Thanks!

- Eric, Erock3D
    https://erock3d.com

• Thanks will try soon

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

My computer is acting up but I am doing a test render with this.  Hopefully I can show it soon.

Theres no grass blades, when I load the base plane (or any othe of the props) all that shows up is a plane with. I made sure everything is in the correct folders as well. And i'm using Daz on PC, so it can't be that.

grass blades.PNG
    403 x 411 - 12K
    grass blades.PNG
    511 x 347 - 22K
  • Erock3DErock3D Posts: 52
    edited September 2018
    no nose said:

Theres no grass blades, when I load the base plane (or any othe of the props) all that shows up is a plane with. I made sure everything is in the correct folders as well. And i'm using Daz on PC, so it can't be that.

So, it's not even actually loading the plane then.  Just the bounding box for the prop.  I was able to recreate your exact error.  It must have something to do with how you installed it.

In the Free Grass System ZIP archive file you downloaded there should be three folders; Data, Props, and Runtime.  The contents in these folders needs to be placed into these same respective folders in your My DAZ 3D Library main folder.  So everything in the Data folder in the ZIP archive needs to be placed with the exact same directory structure as in your My DAZ 3D Library folder.  In your current "My DAZ 3D Library/data/" folder you should already have a bunch of folders with various Vendor/Artist names.  The "Erock3D" folder located in the "data" folder in the ZIP archive needs to be placed into your "My DAZ 3D Library/data/" folder among the folders for the other vendors already there.  Same thing with the Props folder and the Runtime folder.

Please see the attachment, as this is how I install the product.  (Your "My DAZ 3D Library" may be in a different location.)

- Eric, Erock3D

grass_system_install_fixed_typo.jpg
    1915 x 1075 - 444K
    Post edited by Erock3D on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

This looks great, just found out about your site.  Downloaded to give it a try, thanks!

Ok re-installing seems to have worked, I guess something installed wrong when I did it the first time.

• Thank you so much for your generosity!  Installed with no issues at all.  I am rendering a promo image now with your system and the grass looks beautiful!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I got this and the outhouse and the little flowers but wanted to support you with getting the dandilions but there is no PayPal option.  sad

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

This works great, thanks!!

• fantastic! thank you very much!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

This was just a quick test, using one square +3 instances, and a render.  I did not let it render long, so I think thats why I got the white specks.  Nice job!  :)

• This looks great I downloaded it and going to check it out once I get a chance tonight will post it when done!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Your freebies look amazing - I'm very much looking forward to using them! Thank you so much! This is very generous of you! :D

• uberRoghuberRogh Posts: 33
    edited September 2018

Amazing work Eric, thanks.

Here's a render I was working on but couldn't get the background image working on the ground so replaced it with your grass. Even found a good colour match for dry Aussie grass.

Tanya - The Find - 1.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 435K
    Post edited by uberRogh on
  • Does anyone know if this will work with the Iray to 3Delight I recently bought? My system can't handle Iray and I would love to be able to use this grass, it looks great.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Just select the grass surfaces and use the "Default" 3DL shader to it, it will convert that way.  You may have to adjust the specular settings to your liking but it should work fine!  

• Great Thanks

• Many thanks this is simply wonderful!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Thank you very much