RRRR 404 Not Found Winners!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
edited September 2018 in Art Studio

Finally!

I appologize tor the late tally but quote Karibou, I fell of the earth as it began to spin too quick (So Karibou now got homework, how fast does the earth need to spin to make the centrifugal force overcome the gravitation?)

We have winners!

First off, Best category, before climbing

Rank Entry Points
1 Karibou #2 35
2 Luc45i #8 17
3 bohemian3 #03 16
4 bohemian3 #02 16
5 Luci45 #4 12
6 Luci45 #5 12
7 Tynkere €01 11
8 Luci45 #5 11
9 Blurst of Times #01 7
10 Gopherus #03 7

Now, the Funniest category before clim,bing

Rank Entry Points
1 Luci45 #4 18
2 Tynkere #01 15
3 Luci45 #2 15
4 Totte #1 15
5 bohemian3 #01 14
6 Luci45 #1 11
7 3dcheapskate #2 9
8 Gopherus #03 9
8 Luci45 #7 8
10 3dcheapskate #1 8

As you can see, a lot of entries on the same spot in both tiers. Now, lets see what climbing can do for them, and my -1d100 sanity ;-)

Best category Winners!

Rank Entry Score LBs

Karibou #2

35 1
2 bohemian3 #03
32 1 + 1
3 Luc45 #8
29 1
4 Luci45 #5

Funniest Category Winners!

Rank Entry Score LBs
1 Luci45 #4
33 1

Tynkere #01

15 1
3 Luci45 #2
15 1
4 Totte #1

So, prizes prizes!!

Winner in the Best category
- $20 DAZ GC
- 1 item from Dumor3D's store (no DOs or Bundles)

Winner in the Funniest category
- $20 DAZ GC
- 1 item from Totte's (Code 66)'s store (no DOs or Bundles)

2nd in the Best category
- $10 DAZ GC
- 1 item from Dumor3D's store (no DOs or Bundles)

2nd in the Funniest category
- $10 DAZ GC
- 1 item from Totte's (Code 66)'s store (no DOs or Bundles)

Third in each category
- $10 DAZ GC

Fourth in each category
- $5 DAZ GC

And now, the most important thing, the Current LB standings!

Player

Calculation

Current LBs

Totte

3 - 1 + 1

Gopherus

3 - 1 

Tynkere

2 - 1 + 1

Ostadan

Luci45

+ 3

Karibou

+ 1

Congratulations everyone!!!!

Prizes will come shorty, 1st and 2nd placers, pm me with your store choice, and your store email.

And, Luci45 won the luxury of coming up with a theme, unless we take a theme break and run a themeless one.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

congratulations to the winners.... so  many great ones!

• Congrats to all the winners!!!

I am going to bow out of the next RRRR as I am too busy with rl right now!!!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited September 2018

Congrats to Karibou an other winners and Wow! Nice to be appreciated. I haven't gotten a #1 in funniest for a while. As they say, "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then." 

Thank you, Totte and sponsors. Another fun contest!

About the theme for next time, as much as I would like a themeless one again, we had so much fun a few years back doing sayings or maxims. (I don't know the most common term.) Anyway, real ones or made-up ones. Maybe call it Addled Addages, Muddled Maxims and Twisted Dicta. 

I feel like have been hurled into space or maybe into a black hole myself. I am in the middle of moving (not something I wanted to do) and it is less fun than usual. 

Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 1.59.19 PM.png
    1920 x 1080 - 646K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Congratulations to everyone who won smiley

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    luci45 said:

Congrats to Karibou an other winners and Wow! Nice to be appreciated. I haven't gotten a #1 in funniest for a while. As they say, "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then." 

About the theme for next time, as much as I would like a themeless one again, we had so much fun a few years back doing sayings or maxims. (I don't know the most common term.) Anyway, real ones or made-up ones. Maybe call it Addled Addages, Muddled Maxims and Twisted Dicta. 

I feel like have been hurled into space or maybe into a black hole myself. I am in the middle of moving (not something I wanted to do) and it is less fun than usual. 

You mean this one @Luci45?
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12877/

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Wow.  Even placing this time, much less coming in second.  So many equally good renders-- didn’t think mine stood a chance.  

Congrads to winners and to everyone who played.  Always fun seeing others imagination in a contest like this-- both silly and serious.  : )

--Bruce

@Luci45 and @Saphirewild

Sorry to hear about real life stuff.  Best wishes. 

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    Totte said:
    luci45 said:

You mean this one @Luci45?
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12877/

That's the one. That was six years ago ??!!  Some really good stuff there, including some early Zawarkal's and Gopherus' infamous fart render.

• yes for all the winners - great pictures !

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Hey!!  Thanks so much for the vote of confidence on my angry alien perfume buyer image!!  Made my week! I barely have time to do any art these days, and it's always a treat to put an RRRR entry together.  There were soooo many good ones this time. 

Sorry to hear that Totte and Luci have been pulled into that whole "real life" vortex which frequently devours my soul.  If it makes you feel better, I generally emerge to find that Studio has some amazing new feature.  I'm hoping the next one will involve it doing my laundry or grading papers.

Also... You know I'm going to do that calculation now. You cannot throw that kind of gauntlet at a physics teacher and expect it to go unanswered.

Love Luci's Addled Addages, Muddled Maxims and Twisted Dicta idea!  I think we need an "autocorrect fail" theme, too, at some point.

Again, thanks all.  And I hope the dreaded Real Life virus leaves everyone alone soon!!

Karibou said:

Hey!!  Thanks so much for the vote of confidence on my angry alien perfume buyer image!!  Made my week! I barely have time to do any art these days, and it's always a treat to put an RRRR entry together.  There were soooo many good ones this time. 

Sorry to hear that Totte and Luci have been pulled into that whole "real life" vortex which frequently devours my soul.  If it makes you feel better, I generally emerge to find that Studio has some amazing new feature.  I'm hoping the next one will involve it doing my laundry or grading papers.

Also... You know I'm going to do that calculation now. You cannot throw that kind of gauntlet at a physics teacher and expect it to go unanswered.

I know - that's why I gave you the homework ;-)

Karibou said:

Love Luci's Addled Addages, Muddled Maxims and Twisted Dicta idea!  I think we need an "autocorrect fail" theme, too, at some point.

Again, thanks all.  And I hope the dreaded Real Life virus leaves everyone alone soon!!

Lol yes, Autocorrecrt fails are also on my list, that is almost like "I heard the lyrics wrong, my even more absurd!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited September 2018

Homework completed.

Making the standard "physics teacher" asumptions (i.e., the earth is a perfect sphere, there is no air resistance or friction, etc.), I'd need to lash myself to Earth with rope capable of withstanding about 126 pounds of force and Earth would need to spin about 24.1 times faster for me to fly off into space.  (We'd all fly off when it spun at about 17.1 times faster, but we'd also all fall back down.  The whole "lash myself with rope" thing keeps me attached until Earth spins at its escape velocity.)

Calculations attached.  laugh

Oh, and this isn't exactly correct.  Escape velocity calculations assume you're leaving the surface perpendicular to it.  If I was being flung from Earth, I'd be moving in a ray tangent to the curve of Earth, not straight up.  Still, you get the idea...

IMG-5464.JPG
    2905 x 3791 - 3M
    IMG-5465.JPG
    3024 x 3927 - 2M
    IMG-5466.JPG
    3024 x 4000 - 2M
    Post edited by Karibou on
    Karibou said:

Homework completed.

Making the standard "physics teacher" asumptions (i.e., the earth is a perfect sphere, there is no air resistance or friction, etc.), I'd need to lash myself to Earth with rope capable of withstanding about 126 pounds of force and Earth would need to spin about 24.1 times faster for me to fly off into space.  (We'd all fly off when it spun at about 17.1 times faster, but we'd also all fall back down.  The whole "lash myself with rope" thing keeps me attached until Earth spins at its escape velocity.)

Calculations attached.  laugh

Oh, and this isn't exactly correct.  Escape velocity calculations assume you're leaving the surface perpendicular to it.  If I was being flung from Earth, I'd be moving in a ray tangent to the curve of Earth, not straight up.  Still, you get the idea...

Karibou - you won a gold star!!!!

@Karibou, @bohemian3 : I need your picks in Dumors store and your store emails in a PM!