Content Database Maintenance Is Missing Numbers

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm not sure exactly where the issue is- but in the CDM my product numbers start at 1196, I thought I had a link to how to reset the (is this right?) Content Management Service? I assume that's what I need to do? I've checked the File, Edit, etc- am just overlooking it I think.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

CDM? What is the CDM?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure exactly where the issue is- but in the CDM my product numbers start at 1196, I thought I had a link to how to reset the (is this right?) Content Management Service? I assume that's what I need to do? I've checked the File, Edit, etc- am just overlooking it I think.

Referring to: The Content Database Maintenance (like in the title) The menu in the upper corner where the tabs Surfaces/Smart Content is. (The section that has Reimport metadata)

Will do screenshot (in a rush, company coming in an hour!)

fast.jpg
    1000 x 599 - 70K
    edited December 1969

So basically, what do I need to do to get this running right so all my installed products that have gone poof get poofed back?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Will merge this with your other thread, as I guess you meant it to be a reply, not a new post.

edited July 2013

Umm those are the item numbers from the store. It only means that your top item is the oldest you have from the store. Its not supposed to start at 00000001. Unless you bought product 1 that is. :bug: :cheese:

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yep, I know- and what I'm saying is that some of my installed products aren't there- I have a whole bunch (sku numbers) ahead of the first one that is there- and they were all there two days ago, now suddenly I'm starting with this number.

edited December 1969

In that case its this...in order. Be sure both run fully.

Capture2.png
    288 x 263 - 20K
    Capture1.png
    288 x 262 - 21K
    edited December 1969

Thanks, will give it a try as soon as a render is finished.

edited December 1969

Nothing is working- I still start at that high number. I reset the database, I condensed, I reimported the metadata. So any ideas folks?

edited December 1969

One other thing- once you do what Jaderail says, if you don't "process metadata queue" nothing will be in your Smart Content! I was thinking "Oh oh...." But I still have only those high numbers. All this did was mess with the files that were there, it didn't bring any back.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

It's more than likely that the 'missing' products in the database (CDM) do not yet have metadata. If you use DIM and use the filters on the Installed tab there should be a little tick under the 'Smart' column to indicate if the product has smart data.

edited December 1969

Thanks, but I don't use DIM- and these products were there before. They showed up in Smart Content. Then, gone. And it's all the numbers below a certain number- ALL of them. I had used them before too.

A separate issue, but the files aren't installing right either. I did what Szark (or Jaderail, can't remember) said and I don't extract files, I just open them to get them out of the Content folder (so I wont have a content folder under a content folder) then copy/paste into the My Library folder. Sometimes it installs, sometimes not, and if I go in and reimport metadata then they will show up. But now, all the numbers below (can't remember, it's in the screenshot, 1196?) are GONE. Has nothing to do with if they have metadata, they are all gone and WERE there.
    But thanks for trying to help- you've bailed me out on many occasions Simon!

edited December 1969

Strange - I have items in database with sku down to 23 (Morphing skull). It'd not that I didn't believe you, just that I had an overwhelming urge to check just in case something similar happened to me ;)

It'd imply that the runtime/content directory in which the Support sub-dir is within is not in your list of libraries within Daz Studio. It may be worth manually looking to see what you have, or do a search for a dsx file that you know you should have.

edited December 1969

If all else fails DELETE your CMS database form the CMS folder, the in C:Users/USER NAME/AppData/DAZ3D/Studio4 delete the ContentManager.dsx and then Do a NEW rebuild and Reimport of all your MetaData.

edited December 1969

you lost me. (Not that hard to do, lol.)

edited December 1969

I'm headed out the door and will re-read yours Jaderail (when I get back.) Keep in mind I am not technical- finding My Library under C directory would be a great achievement for me, lol. Back later tonight.

edited July 2013

Okay well yes that was rather over the top for the New Users forum. I'm sorry. I believe your CMS Database has failed, has a error, once that happens your only option is to put a COPY back or build a new one. I myself make a backup weekly using AdamR01's tutorial found in his sigline.

If you are 100% sure your missing Files from your Database. Set your FOLDER view to SHOW Hidden in your File browser. Open the C:Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio 4 and then delete the ContentDirectoryManager.dsx

Close All: Re-Boot your PC. Boot DAZ Studio, Now do a Reset Database as before and then a Re-Import Metadata that SHOULD build a 100% new clean Database with all files.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't think this is a database problem, I think some of her content isn't installed to a properly mapped location. SimonJM is right -- locate the missing metadata files and we can try to sort out why they aren't being seen.

edited December 1969

I read it as only one content folder, if not DO NOT follow my Advice!

edited December 1969

I don't think this is a database problem, I think some of her content isn't installed to a properly mapped location. SimonJM is right -- locate the missing metadata files and we can try to sort out why they aren't being seen.

Well, (and not grumbling at you pcmike- just venting) I've no clue where to look, or what's missing, because it's missing. And why would half my stuff suddenly switch itself? It cuts off at a certain number, BOOM, everything below that number goes away. The content can't just say, "Yo, all of us below 1196, let's change where we are installed." I MANUALLY installed all of this into My Library, no content folders, all were opened, and all were there a few days ago. I'm not technical, as I said, but these files moving themselves EN MASSE AFTER being installed????

Where do I go to find metadata files? The studio puts stuff into Smart Content that has metadata but there's no convenient Smart Content folder (not being sarcastic here) so where do I go to find stuff with metadata?

Sorry to say you're dealing with someone who hasn't a clue how this stuff is organized.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

It'd imply that the runtime/content directory in which the Support sub-dir is within is not in your list of libraries within Daz Studio. It may be worth manually looking to see what you have, or do a search for a dsx file that you know you should have.

If I read this right- yes, there is a Support folder, and it is under Runtime, and the ones showing up are in there. There aren't any files that I can see that are not tucked into a folder (aka, outside of a folder)

edited December 1969

You will have a /Runtime/Support folder structure in any directory that you have installed content into (the way I do things I have a few of them dotted around!).

You could do a 'file search' for Support (the system'll find a few!) on each drive you have and once each search is complete look in found directories (I think you can just look in the ones that are found inside a Runtime folder) and see what you have. If you want to use a 'smaller hammer', find a product that you know you had a smart content entry for and search for the specific .dsx file (knowing just what to search for, however, is a different matter - I'd suggest (minus the quotes): "DAZ_3D_*????*.dsx" where ???? is a single word from the product name). For example, where I to search for the file for the morphing skull I'd use: "DAZ_3D_*skull*.dsx"

edited December 1969

Ever since I installed version 4.6 I've had nothing but problems trying to install content. It takes several times, doing the exact same thing, having to reimport the metadata, and I just did a group of products and not a (I'll be polite) one showed up. I reinstalled version 4.6 again and it didn't change anything. (Wanted to rule that out.)

I can't track down items I don't remember, there's too many files to go through to see what's where. Where is the content database itself located? I need to get this straight. Content is not installing, content is not there- I can't look up what isn't there, and when I do what Simon suggests, trying to find Support- I get a lot of files that don't even have that word in it! (I tried it under My Library)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you installing with DIM or manually?

edited December 1969

Manually. And I have over 4,000 items so not new to doing that, lol. I've tried it different ways though- Szark mentioned not having to extract, to just open the content folder and copy/paste, so did it that way, worked (avoid putting a content folder in a content folder) but I also extracted the files and dragged dropped (to the My Library folder) doing the merge but the don't move/replace (I hope I'm saying that right, it's the middle option, which is correct.)

Could this be a ram issue? I'm noticing my C drive is almost full.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Manually. And I have over 4,000 items so not new to doing that, lol. I've tried it different ways though- Szark mentioned not having to extract, to just open the content folder and copy/paste, so did it that way, worked (avoid putting a content folder in a content folder) but I also extracted the files and dragged dropped (to the My Library folder) doing the merge but the don't move/replace (I hope I'm saying that right, it's the middle option, which is correct.)

Could this be a ram issue? I'm noticing my C drive is almost full.

And that very well could cause MANY issues, the OS drive needs a certian percentage of the Disk space free, it's used for temp files/swap files and other OS activity. What is your percentage free?