making a modified V4 made in poser work in daz

I found a way to copy the morphs of Genesis, Genesis2, and genesis 3 morphs on to v4 in daz, but I ran into a problem with using the expression and morphs for v4. they no longer worked. So then I took that figure or obj imported into poser and then I copied the morphs on the obj onto the v4 I loaded into poser.  everything worked but some the more extreme morphs messed up the look for v4 because they involved v4s height. I couldn't changing the rigging in poser and so I wanted to try in daz since it is easier. After that I saved that version of V4 and then imported it back to daz. the extra morphs work ,the normal v4 morphs work, and the textures work, but the poses don't and I cant even adjust v4s rigging. When I tried to convert the weighting the figure zero out and none of the extra morphs work so does any one know how to fix my problem

Comments

• I'm not entirely clear what you are doing, but it may be reelvant that DS will not read Poser weight-maps.

• Sorry for the late post and thankyou for the reply Richard Haseltine.  I was trying to give v4 some of genesis morphs. for daz I transfered the morphs but I couldn't control v4's expression. in poser it worked but I would run into rigging issues for in morph that messed with v4s height or length of limbs.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

As long as you haven't converted any of the rigging to Poser's weightmapping, you should be able to simply open your saved V4 .cr2 file in Studio...

• WandW said:

As long as you haven't converted any of the rigging to Poser's weightmapping, you should be able to simply open your saved V4 .cr2 file in Studio...

In order to get the morphs from Genesis I had to add them to v4 in poser so when I did that It made the figure bones the same as poser's I guess. the morphs work but I can't pose the figure

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

If that is the case, you should be able to load your modified figure in Poser, go to the Setup Room, add the rig from a stock V4 CR2. and save it under a new name.....

• well I got the genesis morphs to work another way with v4. After I change the weight mapping of v4 it is selectable in transfer utility. you can add what ever morphs you want and their seems to be no flaw except now v4 clothes do not recognize the figure as v4 and so then I have to fit them on G2F add fit control unfit them and fit that clothing on to v4 and edit it to make it fit as best as possible. The other flaw I ran into is the breast movement does not work in morphs++ everything else works including the expressions. The dials for poses and expressions still work also but I don't know how to save it  so I have it as a scene subset the file below is v4  with she freak and minotaur with clothing and hair made for G3F in iray 

v4 sample.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 462K