Exotic Dance Platform & Poses

EC3DEC3D Posts: 131
edited August 2018 in Freebies

Hi!

Finally, I can say that I am happy to present you with this free exotic dancer prop and pose pack. What originally began as a simple asset to help a friend ballooned into a full blown project. Before I knew it, months have passed since I have been plugging away at this one piece at a time. Countless hours in my limited spare time have resulted in this asset. That said, it is a somewhat simple rigged prop. I have been posting renders previews of it from start to finish.

Despite the time fussing about I am sure that there will be some inevitable bugs in getting it over to you end-users. Please feel free to respond here if you have any problems or concerns. Requests for addons are welcome as well (within reason), though I do not make any promises in that regard.

Until I find a better method, I will be hosting the file through my Mega.nz account. This is now under review at renderosity, and will no doubt be available shortly. (8-25-2018, 7:25pm)

https://mega.nz/#!Ni4VBAIR!fNIR1JF-lNajyEhmztKlBHdXIJg79ZMsWS8vzyuDnP4

Post edited by EC3D on

Comments

• no noseno nose Posts: 299

There's a ton of websites to host this sort of stuff at. Not sure whats stopping you from using renderosity but i've heard sharecg is fairly good

• EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

I've not tried sharecg yet for uploading, but the file is broken into 3 parts now and will be coming up on Renderosity, in however long it usually takes to approve these things.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Trying to download it now by your Menga transfer will let you know how it goes!

Transfer complete now going to check it out.

Great! Can't wait to see what you make of it.

Im finding that the poses included dont seem to line up at the correct height, either having legs clipping to the ground or the figure way up in the sky

Can you tell me the sequence with which you are using them so I can reproduce the issue? And what figure are you using? Have you followed my suggestion and parented the figure to the "DancePlatform"? Did you pose the platform in a different position from the default and then apply the pose?

For example, the poses are made for Genesis8 base figure, if you load Aiko 8 and apply IronCross pose, Aiko's hands will be a few inches off the pole due to her height. Easily fixable for now, until I have time to work on compatibility with other figures.

Also, thank you for trying this out and responding.

Yeah I'm using Genesis 8 base female. What i'm is loading both the figure and dance plafform in, then use the included poses on the figure. haven't seen the parenting suggestion but i'll definantly try that

edited August 2018

There is also a "Zero OnPlatform" pose under the PoleSurfaces folder which will help to position the character. I should add that I meant parent in place, so that you can still move freely, and that the platform should begin in the raised position. Looking into it now.

Post edited by EC3D on
    edited August 2018

Yes! :/ I am seeing what you are referring to now. Working on a fix. It's odd, since I downloaded the file on my other PC and loaded it in without issue.

Something really nasty must have happened with my production character. Some of these I can easily fix by fixing the root translation values and overwriting the pose. Others I am going to have to manually go in and un-fk them, and it will take a bit of time considering I had the fingers placed just so.

Bear with me while I sort this out.

Post edited by EC3D on

The problem with the poses being so high on the Y axis I discovered was because I had parented the figure during production testing to the platform before I raised it up, and just kept going rather than load a new scene. Sorry about that. As for the other issues it is important to Zero figure pose in parameters before applying, for now.

edited August 2018

The link above is updated with a new all-in-one download of the prop with fixed poses for Genesis8 Female base, changed to H.Poses. Also in this AIO I've included my render-settings as well as a few simple HDR maps I've created for the promos, and the OBJ files that were missing.

Smaller breakdowns of the file can be found at Renderosity, with the render settings as a separate add-on.

https://mega.nz/#!Ni4VBAIR!fNIR1JF-lNajyEhmztKlBHdXIJg79ZMsWS8vzyuDnP4

Post edited by EC3D on

Thanks to Nagra_00_ at Renderosity there is now a Poser 11 version of the prop available! Textures from my original downloads are still required, found either in the all in one megalink or in Parts 2 and 3 on Renderosity.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/ech-exoticdanceplatform-for-poser11/79970

edited January 2019

The second add-on for this freebie is released. In it you'll find Genesis 8 male hip based poses as well as several utility zeroing poses. As a bonus I've also included my low poly proxy mesh for the platform, used to aid in posing to greatly reduce viewport lag. You can load both this and the main platform, then parent to the proxy in place and move them about in your scene with only the proxy visible. It is a rigged figure prop and so you can match the extension or retraction of the platform hydraulics with the proxy.

Here is an updated all-in-one file.

https://mega.nz/#!Nr4knC7L!cDeMA30415-ZztcLkgapS32DaFoSxC0M95LjRbWB8yg

Post edited by EC3D on

Ok just downloaded this update and now I am going to see what I can make of this great prop and poses!

Awesome, please do share. :)

• Thanks for this, Looks awesome. Good work Echidnaean   cool

You're welcome Chad. :)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

This looks interesting, I'm downloading it now... but I'm wondering why the file is so huge? Are all the textures super high-res? The item itself doesn't look that complex in the previews...

edited February 2019

Most of the textures are 4k, and there are some details you just cant see from the previews. To be quite honest I am just too busy to go back and do some downsizing to the textures at this time. The next freebie update for this prop is already planned to be a texture overhaul, but I can't promise when that will be.

Also, thanks for giving it a look! :)

Post edited by EC3D on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

I took a look at it... it's obvious that you put a lot of work and care in it!

The prop isn't really for me though. Even with downsized textures, it's all a bit much for what is, at the end of the day, just a pole.

But I like the poses, I'm keeping those! Will post a render here if I find the time to put something together. Thanks for your work!

Certainly! This is exactly why I took the time to do poses. Take what you will from it. I believe I've included an OBJ as well, so if one were so inclined they could extract component parts and kitbash them. Have fun.

• Huge thanks for this!

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307

Thank you!

has a definite sci-fi feel to it; going to see what I can come up with!  

(why are you crying?!?  No, you shouldn't be scared!  why are you scared?  Yessh...)

You're welcome. :)

• Nice freebie, great that it works for the boys too! Thank you

You're quite welcome Silver Dolphin.