Creation Machine (In Store Now!) [COMMERCIAL]

Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Ok some of you may have seen the Creation Engineer in the store
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/creation-engineer/
I would suggest delaying till the store fixes the price there should be 30% discount on that.
The poser V4 version is out now not but not here.
I'm really sorry for the mess up and hope Daz is fixing the problem.

Post edited by Midnight_stories on

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

OK all fixed the 30% discount will start Friday.
    Thanks Guys

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/environments-props/interiors/creation-machine/

In a journey to the end of time they found something, a machine with technology beyond their wildest dreams something that would change their perception of their existence forever. The Creation Machine! This is the newest product for Midnight_stories, a Sci-Fi set like nothing you've seen before. Inspired by the latest movie block buster Prometheus.

This is compatible with both Poser 2012 and DAZ Studio 4.5, with matching sets for each. The main base has several morph dials , Hide status, bring the holographic screens up/down tapper the Data Tube. It's also rigged into separate parts for animation so the the Sphere, Rings, Data Tube and Solar System can be rotated and scaled. The Solar System has the sun and all the planets which all can have animated orbits. Also included are show and hide poses so you can easily turn things off/on as you wish. There's eight different material presets that can be applied overall or to just the individual parts such as the Sphere, Rings, Data Tube, Solar System and glow on the base. For those, who own the “War Eagle” I've included poses and mat presets so they can be added into the scene. For DAZ Studio users it's a one click operation for both the Creation Machine and War Eagle as the new DSON format has been taken full advantage of. There's eight light sets to match the material sets and ten camera sets to get you started, a great way to make your own matrix scene is to use the Time Warp camera shot. The textures are a combination of Diffused Specular Bump and Displacements on the base surface and Transparency and Glow map on the sphere devices.

This is a great Sci-Fi set, that will give you endless possibilities.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iJb35bjE-7U

OK after a few technical problems it's up and running
    The Creation Engineer will be out Friday at the discounted price so hopefully things will go though smooth
    It is a bit different to the V4 version but you'll see when it comes out.
    If sales go well I will back this up with another set.
    Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.

Please also note the War Eagle is not required but the set does come with poses and mat presets to intergrate the War Eagle into the scene. The Daz preset is real easy one click and 4 War Eagles are in position with full Daz mats on them.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/war-eagle/

CM04.jpg
    600 x 600 - 418K
    CM03.jpg
    800 x 800 - 372K
    CM02.jpg
    800 x 497 - 331K
    CM01.jpg
    800 x 546 - 305K
    CM00.jpg
    800 x 800 - 488K
  • Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Hi! :)
    Absolutely great promos! Love every pic and detail you're showing here.
    The whole product looks like it'll be a hit (well, I have it in my cart already). Wish you good luck with sales!

I'm living on the camping to the end of September and just lately I was making for myself some scifi textures on my old puter. It'll be fun to try them on few items from your "Creation Machine".
    All the best - Teresa :)

PS Can you tell me how big (in MB) is your product and when the sale ends? Daz should fix that info long ago...

edited December 1969

I think they said another 3 week on sale, it comes with a DS and poser install and they are around 49megs.
    Yes been having a great time with new concepts and ideas have got so much on the go at the moment.
    Thanks for the comments. It's my first go at a sci-fi set so was glad to get it through,Here's some (WIP) of other stuff.

Exp003.jpg
    700 x 700 - 321K
    Giants-DS-Forum.jpg
    667 x 800 - 336K
    Engineer-Chair.jpg
    800 x 800 - 325K
  • marchflymarchfly Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Could you tell me what the last promo is about, it looks so interesting? The Space Jockey is so cool, hope you are selling them too.;-)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Any chance you can put the War Eagle on sale too? That looks super cool mounted on the wall in this new set.

edited July 2012

OK I just asked to put the War Eagle on 50% I'll let you know when they get back to me.
    Thanks for the support !

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

This looks absolutely fantastic. Well done!

... but, just as I was about to hit the CHECKOUT button, I saw this note:

"The DAZ Studio version uses .DUF files and required DAZ Studio 4.5+"

So, that means you cannot use it with DAZ Studio 4.0, right? The problem is that 4.5 is in an endless beta loop (they call it Release Candidate, but it's really still in beta) and is actually unusable by many people because DAZ have decided, once again, to break the SDK for existing plugins. I had 4.5 installed (and was very happy with it) but I had to revert to 4.0 because I couldn't use any of my plugins. I now have no plans to put 4.5 back until the never-ending beta has come to an end and all of the 4.0 plugins are working again.

Sorry to raise this point, but I think it's pretty important.

edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    This looks absolutely fantastic. Well done!

... but, just as I was about to hit the CHECKOUT button, I saw this note:

"The DAZ Studio version uses .DUF files and required DAZ Studio 4.5+"

So, that means you cannot use it with DAZ Studio 4.0, right? The problem is that 4.5 is in an endless beta loop (they call it Release Candidate, but it's really still in beta) and is actually unusable by many people because DAZ have decided, once again, to break the SDK for existing plugins. I had 4.5 installed (and was very happy with it) but I had to revert to 4.0 because I couldn't use any of my plugins. I now have no plans to put 4.5 back until the never-ending beta has come to an end and all of the 4.0 plugins are working again.

Sorry to raise this point, but I think it's pretty important.

If you can't use the .DUF you can still use the poser format to import anyway, and the presets are .DSA format. if it don't work get a refund but would be good to know. As I don't have DS 4.0
    edited December 1969

I'm sure a refund won't prove necessary (I've just purchased it) - after all, there's always Poser Pro 2012.

I can't try it in D|S 4.0 just yet as the PC is tied up doing a large render, but I will report back when I get the chance.

This is no criticism of your work - it's good to see the new 4.5 features taken advantage of, and the set looks really exceptional - but I am really surprised that DAZ let this product through testing into the store when it has a (albeit small) dependency on a software version that is still in beta!

edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    I'm sure a refund won't prove necessary (I've just purchased it) - after all, there's always Poser Pro 2012.

I can't try it in D|S 4.0 just yet as the PC is tied up doing a large render, but I will report back when I get the chance.

This is no criticism of your work - it's good to see the new 4.5 features taken advantage of, and the set looks really exceptional - but I am really surprised that DAZ let this product through testing into the store when it has a (albeit small) dependency on a software version that is still in beta!

I'm stuck I can't go back to DS4.0 or I would loss a lot of products, yes I thought it would be pass the beta stage to. My philosophy is to be on the newest version as I can, as by the time you spend catching up there's always something new anyway and you fall behind. DS4.5 is way more friendly to poser users and lets vendors support both programs more easily but DS have the main advantage. The same situation will come up on Friday when the Creation Engineer comes out it was built in DS4.5 that should be somewhere on the promo page. Poser user can grab the V4 version at CP anyway. Yes if you get a chance let me know how it goes with DS4.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

If you can't use the .DUF you can still use the poser format to import anyway, and the presets are .DSA format. if it don't work get a refund but would be good to know. As I don't have DS 4.0

A quick update: I installed the Poser version and loaded it into DAZ Studio 4 without problems. It renders beautifully in both OGL and 3Delight.

A very nice model. Great work.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

OK I just asked to put the War Eagle on 50% I'll let you know when they get back to me.
    Thanks for the support !
    Great... I will be looking for it.... Thanks!!
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Question.... (cool product by the way, congrats :-) ) For about a day there was a suit that goes with it in the store and now it's totally MIA... keep waiting for it to come back on line but seems DAZ has it on hold for some unknown reason.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Question.... (cool product by the way, congrats :-) ) For about a day there was a suit that goes with it in the store and now it's totally MIA... keep waiting for it to come back on line but seems DAZ has it on hold for some unknown reason.

If you mean the set shown in the first post, I think the second post applies:

OK all fixed the 30% discount will start Friday.
    Thanks Guys
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:

I'm stuck I can't go back to DS4.0 or I would loss a lot of products, yes I thought it would be pass the beta stage to. My philosophy is to be on the newest version as I can, as by the time you spend catching up there's always something new anyway and you fall behind. DS4.5 is way more friendly to poser users and lets vendors support both programs more easily but DS have the main advantage. The same situation will come up on Friday when the Creation Engineer comes out it was built in DS4.5 that should be somewhere on the promo page. Poser user can grab the V4 version at CP anyway. Yes if you get a chance let me know how it goes with DS4.
    Thanks

Thanks for the update that will help other people to.
    Cheers

edited December 1969

acanthis said:

A quick update: I installed the Poser version and loaded it into DAZ Studio 4 without problems. It renders beautifully in both OGL and 3Delight.

A very nice model. Great work.

OK you have prompted me to put the whole store on 50% off so grab his now !!!

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited July 2012

Hope I'm not reading too much into this, as in 'We'll have the Genesis one but not the V4 one', off to check the other stores. Will there be a M4 version?

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

Hope I'm not reading too much into this, as in 'We'll have the Genesis one but not the V4 one', off to check the other stores. Will there be a M4 version?

I'm umming and arring about it at the moment the V4 one was a total nightmare to do I'm doing the xurge3d trick by using visibility poses to turn off the body parts to avoid poke through's something that DAZ QA doesn't accept so that's why it didn't come here. It was only the hands that were poking through and I just didn't have time to bring it up to the DAZ standard by it's perfectly good for rendering the mask has been replaced by a transparent visor and there is a gloves off/on pose so it is a bit different. Sorry I got off track there at the moment the sales aren't there to make a M4 poser version. It's the big chest and back that have been all the trouble and I lost it a few times to try and get it right LOL. However the good news for poser people is I do have a working system that let me convert my genesis outfits to V4 and M4. This suit was a first go at it and I should get better with each go. Here's a M4 conversion of my up and coming Hyper Suit, I've also do a V4 version of the Nano Suit, so poster people don't despair I am getting there slowly.

back.jpg
    578 x 715 - 188K
    side.jpg
    497 x 715 - 134K
    Front.jpg
    518 x 715 - 194K
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the response, understand now and I am much calmed :) I will have to see if my Wardrode Wizard skills have improved since my last go. Or I could export the Genesis one I suppose and take my chances. Yes I bought the Genesis one in the initial sale, though I am a Poser user mainly I have fun occasionaly with Genesis. I am also waiting for the full release of 4.5

edited December 1969

OK new DS4 has passed the first stage of QA plus I've added new features for both DS4 and DS4.5
    There's a Hide/Show Glove morph for the suit plus a Hide-Seams to fix any gaps that may occur between the suit and helmet.
    A separate Visor with all the DAZ shapes, plus 11 mat presets for it to, so it's a good upgrade. Thanks for the support everyone in putting it top of the sales.

p8-forum.jpg
    615 x 800 - 370K
  • edited December 1969

Dear Midnight Stories,

I just wanted to check on the status of the POSER version of your V4 Nano Suit. Does this exist yet? I would love to purchase the poser version of the nano suit... if one exists.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

mferrigno said:
    Dear Midnight Stories,

I just wanted to check on the status of the POSER version of your V4 Nano Suit. Does this exist yet? I would love to purchase the poser version of the nano suit... if one exists.

Thanks!

Unfortunately there just isn't enough support from the poser community at this stage, a few months back I put up the Engineer suit for V4 at CP and only sold 4 copies, and it was a big effort for so little. I won't say it will never happen just until the environment changes and it more feasible to do it. It is as far as I got with no jigging just a straight transfer of the V4 dev rig. Sorry this is not what you wanted to hear I know.
    V4-Nano.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 90K
  • edited December 1969

Well, crap. :(

Thanks for the update, your response is appreciated!
    What if I also promise to purchase the engineer at CP? ;)

I saw the Engineer suit at CP and it is very close to what I want... I just like the less bulky version of the Nano Suit better (looks a lot sexier in my opinion). But I do love your work...

Xurge has some similar outfits available... but again, they are just a bit too bulky for the look I am shooting for.

Gosh, I just can't commit to switching over to DazStudio... too many years and dollars learning the Poser interface and texturing.

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that things may change.

Thanks again,
    Mark Ferrigno aka magnetmage

• HeavyDHeavyD Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Does Creation Machine work in Carrara 8.1? How do I get the parts to glow? (I hope that isn't a basic function I am just oblivious to!)

Thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

You know I can't even get Carrara running the serial won't be accepted and the trial has run out even tho I own a legal copy of 8.1 Pro. Might be best to ask this in the Carrara forum I'm sure there is someone who has it running.

• HeavyDHeavyD Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

I am able to open Creation Machine in Carrara. The morphs work on the screens, changing the size of the rings, and hiding the bodies. The solar system planets and other objects are all black though. How were they designed to glow? I was wondering if their shaders need to have glows set on them or if there are different presets that would create the effect? Also, the page on DAZ says it includes 10 cameras. Is that correct? Where are they?

I appreciate your help.

edited December 1969

You might have better luck with the morphs if you import the poser files in, well now I'm guessing !