Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited October 2016

Here Rex.... 

Rendered in Carrara 8.5

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited October 2016

Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. here is one with the new T-Rex just released

standoff.jpg
    1544 x 870 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited October 2016

Used to love the Marvel Jungle comic characters,  Kazar and Shanna, and recently Frank Cho's Jungle Girl, so when I saw the new T-rex model, I decided to do a test to see if I could do one.  Not ready for the gallery and needs a lot of tweaking (as all my stuff does at this stage),  but I think I can eventually make it work.

Savage Land.jpg
    2600 x 1794 - 871K
    Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think this one qualifies as well..

Used to love the Marvel Jungle comic characters,  Kazar and Shanna, and recently Frank Cho's Jungle Girl, so when I saw the new T-rex model, I decided to do a test to see if I could do one.  Not ready for the gallery and needs a lot of tweaking (as all my stuff does at this stage),  but I think I can eventually make it work.

Great point of view!

Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. here is one with the new T-Rex just released

I had forgotten about it as well.  I have a feeling we are going to see a resurgance lol. This is awesome

Oh man, same here, HUGE Ka-Zar fan!! I really wish they would do a Ka-Zar movie. They could easily tie in some Avengers, X-men or even SHIELD into it. I'd love to see a feature rich CGI version of the Savage Land and Ka-Zar and Zabu taking out some dinos!

Nice image! can't wait to see the finished version

edited October 2016

Great point of view!

Thanks.

Nice image! can't wait to see the finished version

I'm super motivated now.   Wasn't that impressed with the Rune 7 base figure, and only got it because of some of the morphs that came later, but I gotta' admit when it comes to doing renders in this genre, you really have to admire her musculature, which is perfect for this type of character.

Okay, just goofing around now, but the new T-rex model has inspired me to get serious with some of these ideas.

Surprise Attack.jpg
    815 x 887 - 115K
  • Okay, just goofing around now, but the new T-rex model has inspired me to get serious with some of these ideas.

Sweet! Cool looking render. That T-Rex is really fun. A cyber add on would be great. Even riding gear and armor would be nice additions.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited October 2016

Seems that new TRex inspired folks...here is my latest too

DinoFighter.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 292K
    Post edited by RawArt on

Nice one! So did the Rex go forward in time or did the shield maiden go back in time. I like the first scenario, kinda like the TV series Primeval. I can picture the villagers running for thier lives or even a dragon taking on Rexy, LOL.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747

Nice one! So did the Rex go forward in time or did the shield maiden go back in time. I like the first scenario, kinda like the TV series Primeval. I can picture the villagers running for thier lives or even a dragon taking on Rexy, LOL.

Whatever the viewer wants to imagine ;)

edited October 2016

Okay, the crashed ship initially was a good idea, but I like the ubiquitous cave better, Plus it makes what she is jumping off of more sensible.  Savage Land renders are turning out to be a lot of fun.  This one is almost ready for prime time.

Enter the Savage Land.jpg
    756 x 846 - 93K
  • pdspds Posts: 593
    RawArt said:

Seems that new TRex inspired folks...here is my latest too

Love the painterly quality of this! The lighting and overall composition really draw you in. I could feel her peril!

Okay, the crashed ship initially was a good idea, but I like the ubiquitous cave better, Plus it makes what she is jumping off of more sensible.  Savage Land renders are turning out to be a lot of fun.  This one is almost ready for prime time.

If Rex tilts his head up, she's gonna be a snack! LOL

What rocks/mountains are you using?

Rock in Forest by Andre Pestryakov.  It really is a very  nice set.

http://www.daz3d.com/rock-in-forest

• pdspds Posts: 593

Rock in Forest by Andre Pestryakov.  It really is a very  nice set.

http://www.daz3d.com/rock-in-forest

Yeah, this looks really good...I have had it wishlisted for a while. Ran out of funds during the PA sale so I missed it then. Hopefully, I can score a good deal on it during the Cyber Sale (if they run that again this year).

I really like how dynamic you made the female leaping to the aid of the imperiled soldiers. She's definitely all in!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

and she thinks

damn i just cleaned my new Furbikini !

nice one nelsonsmith

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287

Wow some amazing renders. Sorry i have not been on in a while... Life

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited August 2018

Even more ancient than this thread: a couple of wacky cavemen that I once rendered: Michael 2 and the original Freak. Hardly state of the art, but I still think they're funny.

Neanderthals.jpg
    1172 x 1000 - 134K
    Post edited by Sempie on

Wow some amazing renders. Sorry i have not been on in a while... Life

Good to see you are still around man! Take care!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656
    edited August 2018

A few from me.

Apatosaurus 1 1600 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

A few more.

And just for fun.

Nice work bunyip02! what dinos/environments did you use? Some of them look like video game stills instead of DS.

edited August 2018

Since this thread was brought up from the dead, here are some renders I never posted in it.

dinossss.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    dinopool.jpg
    1564 x 870 - 2M
    dinofight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    edited August 2018

An old one of mine:

Are you my Mommy?

All Creatures Great and Small 1.jpg