[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2018

FWIW, you CAN make metadata for Renderosity content, it just will take some work from you to do it. I'm going to assume that the script cannot work without this metadata because without it how does the script even know what figure the outfit is for? Even doing all the work of transferring the clothing by hand asks that you change the metadata from G3 to G8 if you save it back to the library.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I'm also getting the same error as a lot of others are getting, Even with clothing from the DAZ Store that has been installed via DIM that appear in the smart content I get the error saying no clothing items detected

This is already annoying that its doesn't work with other than Daz content, didn't notice that in the description before I purchased this and that smart content is involved in anyway. It doesn't even work with Daz items installed via DIM and that is in smart content.  I'm going to look and see what's going on in the forum before I return this

I install everything with DIM and I don't use smart content at all, does that mean I can't use the clothing converter?  That it only works with the smart content tab?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361

I'm also getting the same error as a lot of others are getting, Even with clothing from the DAZ Store that has been installed via DIM that appear in the smart content I get the error saying no clothing items detected

This is already annoying that its doesn't work with other than Daz content, didn't notice that in the description before I purchased this and that smart content is involved in anyway. It doesn't even work with Daz items installed via DIM and that is in smart content.  I'm going to look and see what's going on in the forum before I return this

The metadata tells the script what type of file it is.  Otherwise, it is *really* hard to tell.  You can find out the general info by parsing the file (not something I want to do), but even there, it doesn't seem like there is enough information without actually applying the file, trying to figure out what it does, and going from there. 

• I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Check the log.  What does it say?

The log says

18:57:01 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Executing Script

18:57:01 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding boots.duf

18:57:02 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding boots.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding bottoms.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding bottoms.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding corset.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding corset.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

If im reading the comments correctly, Renderosity and all manually installed Daz items will not work with this system. Is that true???

If thats the case, No Sale. I was really looking forward to this.

EDIT:

Ok so CMS has to be installed and metadata has to be created. I use the content library and manually install. I dont know if cms is installed. If Cms is installed, how would I confirm that? Also, assuming that metadata existed for my content, would I still be able to use the converter even though I use my content library?

This was really dissapointing to find out.... 7/8ths off all my library is from non-daz stores and freebie. On top of this I'm from the old days where I install everything by hand into sections I prefer, even dazInstall sends it to a "dump" folder for sorting. Im not entirly sure what this metadata/CMS stuff is, something like "keywords"? Oh well, guess I'll stick with autofit, least that does non-daz stuff.

The metadata/Content Management System (CMS) lets the script know what the file is.  Otherwise, you have to do things by trial-and-error.

I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Check the log.  What does it say?

The log says

18:57:01 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Executing Script

18:57:01 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding boots.duf

18:57:02 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding boots.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding bottoms.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding bottoms.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding corset.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Input Filename does not have "Clothing" in its path: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_22508\people\genesis 3 female\clothing\wilding outfit\wilding corset.duf

18:57:04 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

Hmmm... Ok, this is useful.  Obviously, "clothing" is in the path.  I made a mistake on the function that tries to create the output file path.  Let me look at it.

Kharma said:

I install everything with DIM and I don't use smart content at all, does that mean I can't use the clothing converter?  That it only works with the smart content tab?

NO, Smart Content tab is not needed.  The *CMS* is USED by Smart Content and by the script for basically the same things, but Smart Content is not needed.

AllenArt said:

FWIW, you CAN make metadata for Renderosity content, it just will take some work from you to do it. I'm going to assume that the script cannot work without this metadata because without it how does the script even know what figure the outfit is for? Even doing all the work of transferring the clothing by hand asks that you change the metadata from G3 to G8 if you save it back to the library.

Laurie

Laurie is exactly right.  Thank you for the help smiley

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Kharma said:

NO, Smart Content tab is not needed.  The *CMS* is USED by Smart Content and by the script for basically the same things, but Smart Content is not needed.

Ok good to know.  Right now I am just watching to see how its working for thow who have purchased already, if everything is good I will probably purchase soon

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Okay, I do not have a MyLibrary.  Its always been myDaz3dLibrary (its the way DIM installed it back in version 4.8.  And my daz connect is located in the same tier as myDaz3dLibrary not inside it.  And when I click on an item downloaded to my connect library its takes me to a weird data/data/data/ some numbers/cloud address.  I wonder if I should rename my MyDaz3dlibrary to MyLibrary and then reinstall connect to my library.  I have no idea why it installed that way but when I asked about it they said the MyDaz3flibrary and mylibrary were the same thing and not to worry about it.

Okay, I do not have a MyLibrary.  Its always been myDaz3dLibrary (its the way DIM installed it back in version 4.8.  And my daz connect is located in the same tier as myDaz3dLibrary not inside it.  And when I click on an item downloaded to my connect library its takes me to a weird data/data/data/ some numbers/cloud address.  I wonder if I should rename my MyDaz3dlibrary to MyLibrary and then reinstall connect to my library.  I have no idea why it installed that way but when I asked about it they said the MyDaz3flibrary and mylibrary were the same thing and not to worry about it.

Strange.  Well the important point is that you should not use the same folders as the input folder for the converted clothes.  Name the output folder whatever you want, e.g., D:/MyCoolLib/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing smiley

Ok I will give that a try thanks!

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

This is a new product you may have missed that will help those of you with items from other places and DAZ items missing Meta info. It seems quick and easy to populate Smart Content and by default the METADATA needed for these conversions to work. https://www.daz3d.com/smartening-up-the-daz-studio-database 

edited August 2018

Ok, the attached script is a hopefully temporary fix for most people's errors.  There is a new option (Check Content Type When Adding Files).  This option controls whether the script checks the content type when using the 'Add Files' button.  If you turn this option off, any file will be added.  On execution, the script will load the file, whatever it is.  However, the script will still only convert items that are clothing on execution.  

Turning this option off is ONLY recommended if you are having trouble getting the script to recognize any clothing files 

Note: Turning this option off will slow conversion because of loading a lot of false positives.   You also must be very sure of which files you add to the dialog.  This option does not affect the 'Add Directory' button. 

This is not a permanent solution as you can easily make things crash if you add the wrong file.  Hopefully, I can figure out another way in the long term to check files safely.  The happy side-effect of this option is that you can convert other sites' clothes.

Attached filename is Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    JazzyBear said:

This is a new product you may have missed that will help those of you with items from other places and DAZ items missing Meta info. It seems quick and easy to populate Smart Content and by default the METADATA needed for these conversions to work. https://www.daz3d.com/smartening-up-the-daz-studio-database 

As far as I can see this is a tutorial, not a product that will automatically smarten up the smart data. It tells you what to do using DS’s existing functions to edit/add smart data.

I have also attached the script at the front of the thread.

HatB said:

Mine is working beautiflly on over 400 items. It moves very quickly. My source and saved files are both on an external drive as well. Thank you very much for this wonderful product.. Actually the count is 492. 

BTW, it was nice to see this message today amongst all the error messages smiley

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

In my (default except for drive) setup, My Daz3d Library is where DIM installs stuff; My Library is where my own custom content like saved scenes and modified content is stored.

Woot got it to work!  My mistake seems to be that when I loaded the entire directory, I was not unchecking the full preloaded outfit. Once I unchecked the preloaded outfit file and just had the individual pieces checked it worked.  I knew I was doing someting wrong.  Turns out the MyDaz3dLibrary name was not an issue after all.

Woot got it to work!  My mistake seems to be that when I loaded the entire directory, I was not unchecking the full preloaded outfit. Once I unchecked the preloaded outfit file and just had the individual pieces checked it worked.  I knew I was doing someting wrong.  Turns out the MyDaz3dLibrary name was not an issue after all.

I am glad you got it to work!  Note that when you had the outfit checked, that was probably when you saw the Auto-fit dialog.  You could click cancel and it should have then gone onto the next item in the list.

Looking at the log file it looks like it aborted when it ran into the full preset for some reason but I had like 4 in a row so it may just have been overload. 

One more quick question.  should G8 be in t pose ar her normal A pose?

Looking at the log file it looks like it aborted when it ran into the full preset for some reason but I had like 4 in a row so it may just have been overload. 

One more quick question.  should G8 be in t pose ar her normal A pose?

G8 should be in her normal A pose.  Just load her and forget smiley

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2018

I am confused about one thing (easily done...lol): it says in the manual that the G8 Female should be loaded into the scene and in the standard T Pose. However, Genesis 8 female is in an A Pose so I'm confused as to if you mean Genesis 8 must be loaded or Genesis 3 (who IS in a T Pose) must be loaded. Please advise.

Laurie

Edit: Oops....answered above while I was typing. LOL

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited August 2018

And it's run successfully for me, too. 520 files converted in about an hour. A note, though: the completion pop-up said the script ran in 4 minutes but it certainly did not.

Morphs and bones test out as functional on the material I converted from G3F to G8F. Well worth the price.

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

MyLibrary is where usually things that you save manually are saved, like scene subsets und stuff like that. It's a separate thing to the main library.

• Ok, the attached script is a hopefully temporary fix for most people's errors. The happy side-effect of this option is that you can convert other sites' clothes.

This seems to work, thank you.

When starting the script, the Clothing Item Files list is populated with the files from the previous run. Clear doesn't seem to have an effect, it re-appears when starting the script again.

edited August 2018
    AllenArt said:

I am confused about one thing (easily done...lol): it says in the manual that the G8 Female should be loaded into the scene and in the standard T Pose. However, Genesis 8 female is in an A Pose so I'm confused as to if you mean Genesis 8 must be loaded or Genesis 3 (who IS in a T Pose) must be loaded. Please advise.

Laurie

Edit: Oops....answered above while I was typing. LOL

I will update the manual.    It should read "in the standard A Pose"

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Ok, the attached script is a hopefully temporary fix for most people's errors. The happy side-effect of this option is that you can convert other sites' clothes.

This seems to work, thank you.

When starting the script, the Clothing Item Files list is populated with the files from the previous run. Clear doesn't seem to have an effect, it re-appears when starting the script again.

You need to click Save when you exit the dialog.  That will save the state of the list.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

The happy side-effect of this option is that you can convert other sites' clothes.

Would it then be feasible/recommended to run the converter on all the Smart Content clothing, and afterwards use this script to run on all my Renderosity clothing (which I saved in a different folder)?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

The new script works   Even converted some boots from rendo well worth the time and cost.  Only thing is I get get it to add directory just files only so this process will take forever to convert my entire G3 wardrobe