[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited August 2018
    Artini said:

So, I guess, it is not really ready to use, yet.

I have converted an item or 2. But let's wait for the creators input.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Hmm I can't get this to work...

I set the output folder and then when I choose the input I go to the Genesis 3 / Clothing folder but it always says this:

Even when I choose a clothing manually by clicking add files I get this message

The log says this

2018-08-13 16:32:09.819 DEBUG: Adding Files...
    2018-08-13 16:32:09.820 DEBUG:    SKIPPING  file: B:\DAZ3D Content\Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\3DS_ArrynOn\Chrissie High Boots\Chrissie High Boots.duf
    2018-08-13 16:32:32.060 Script executed successfully: B:/DAZ3D Content/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

anyone else having this problem?

• I am having the same issue. It doesn't see clothing in a directory where Daz3d Genesis 3 clothing exists. I was using "DAZ Studio 4.11 (64-bit) Public Build +Beta+". I downgraded to 4.10 and no relief, there are still "no clothes".

12:27:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Adding Files...

12:27:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): SKIPPING file: W:\DAZ3D\Daz3D Studio\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Basic Wear\Shorts.duf

-B.ill

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited August 2018

It's a renderosity item. I've tried DAZ3D items too though but I can't get this to work.
    It should at least detect some items of the clothing folder of G3F as some of them are from the DAZ3D shop.

Here the "basic wear" for example:

17:00:38 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit): Adding Files...
    17:00:38 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit):    SKIPPING  file: B:\DAZ3D Content\Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Basic Wear\Basic Wear.duf

Edit: Even on another PC I can't get this to work. Either there is a major bug or I'm doing something wrong.

I load G8F
    run the script while having her selected
    Set the output to a new folder I created
    Set the Input to the Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\ where all of my files are
    And then the error comes up.

It is not going to work on Renderosity items.  For the Daz items, the error message "SKIPPING  file" actually has 2 spaces in it, it is trying to display the content type and the CMS is returning an empty string.  (If you want to see this yourself, bring up the Script IDE pane and type in App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile(PATH AND FILENAME), e.g., App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile('B:/DAZ3D Content/Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Basic Wear/Basic Wear.duf') *** Note the forward slashes on the path)

• How did you install these?
    • Is the CMS running?  The script is supposed to check but maybe it is not working.  THE CONTENT MANAGEMENT/SMART CONTENT HAS TO BE INSTALLED AND WORKING TO USE THIS METHOD.  IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE COMPATIBILITY BASE IT IS NOT ON.  CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE SMART CONTENT TAB FOR A "START CMS" BUTTON.  IN YOUR DAZ INSTALL MANAGER IT'S CALLED POSTGRES SQL CMS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.  Load a clothing item, try Scene Tab - Edit - Scene Identification - Compatibility Base

Note: App.getAssetMgr().getTypeForContentFile('B:/DAZ3D Content/Content/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Basic Wear/Basic Wear.duf') MUST return 'Follower/Wardrobe' or it is skipped

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited August 2018

I did installed most of my content manually, is that the issue? I can see all products from DAZ3D in the smart content.
    Here I have "Rocker Outfit" https://www.daz3d.com/rocker-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-8-female-s

I do see this at Scene Identification for this clothing item, yet it won't let me covert this.
    I wasn't aware that renderosity clothes can't be converted, that is a huge dealbreaker for me. I might have to return this product if this will always be the case :(.

Unbenannt.JPG
    886 x 411 - 43K
    Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited August 2018

I've got this in my shopping cart now. :)  Is there a maximum number of items you recomend converting at one time?  I just did a rough count and I have over 400 G3F clothing products purchased from DAZ, which I suspect might be a bit much to try to convert all at once.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • HatBHatB Posts: 77
    edited August 2018

Mine is working beautiflly on over 400 items. It moves very quickly. My source and saved files are both on an external drive as well. Thank you very much for this wonderful product.. Actually the count is 492. 

Post edited by HatB on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2018

If im reading the comments correctly, Renderosity and all manually installed Daz items will not work with this system. Is that true???

If thats the case, No Sale. I was really looking forward to this.

EDIT:

Ok so CMS has to be installed and metadata has to be created. I use the content library and manually install. I dont know if cms is installed. If Cms is installed, how would I confirm that? Also, assuming that metadata existed for my content, would I still be able to use the converter even though I use my content library?

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • If im reading the comments correctly, Renderosity and all manually installed Daz items will not work with this system. Is that true???

EDIT:

Ok so CMS has to be installed and metadata has to be created. I use the content library and manually install. I dont know if cms is installed. If Cms is installed, how would I confirm that? Also, assuming that metadata existed for my content, would I still be able to use the converter even though I use my content library?

I believe that is correct.  It doesn't matter how they were installed though, what matters is that they have Metadata in the database.  You can create that for any product.  It probably isn't worth the time to do it though.  I'm going to have to pass for the moment also.  I'm still interested, but not right now.

• I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Clothing Converter.png
    585 x 819 - 52K
  • If im reading the comments correctly, Renderosity and all manually installed Daz items will not work with this system. Is that true???

EDIT:

I believe that is correct.  It doesn't matter how they were installed though, what matters is that they have Metadata in the database.  You can create that for any product.  It probably isn't worth the time to do it though.  I'm going to have to pass for the moment also.  I'm still interested, but not right now.

It probably isn't worth the time to do it though.

Thats what I was wondering about. Thanks for the info.

Also passing on this but ill be interested to see if conditions change.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited August 2018

I'm also getting the same error as a lot of others are getting, Even with clothing from the DAZ Store that has been installed via DIM that appear in the smart content I get the error saying no clothing items detected

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 22.03.04.png
    722 x 775 - 125K
    Post edited by Platnumk on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Are you guys creating a new file for the output under peope/genesis 8/female?

• go awaygo away Posts: 15

I don't even get as far as the error others are seeing.  When I execute the script I get a dialog saying "Error opening file: An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details" and nothing else happens.   The DAZ Studio log file doesn't have any explicit errors listed but it does have several warnings, including:

WARNING: Script Error: Line 541

WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ASLlogToDaz

WARNING: Stack Trace:

• Are you guys creating a new file for the output under peope/genesis 8/female?

Yes I tried. Putting the G3F clothes into another Harddrive, putting the output to another harddrive.
    I hope they let me at least return this product. I usually love Riversoft things but not this.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    edited August 2018

Here is the meta data for Pants from the Betty outfit,  yet when you try to convert them with the script it throws up the error "No Clothing Items Detected"

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 23.40.06.png
    616 x 217 - 51K
    Post edited by Platnumk on
    edited August 2018

Yes I tried. Putting the G3F clothes into another Harddrive, putting the output to another harddrive.
    I hope they let me at least return this product. I usually love Riversoft things but not this.

There is always a thirty day return period no questions asked.  But I think maybe we should wait and see what her suggestions are, I have the feeling that I am doing something wrong.

And I have to point out that she was very clear both in her coming soon thread and in the description of the product that it would not work on items with no meta data from other stores.  She's mentioned it numerous times, so please don't be upset with her on that point as its very clearly stated in the description and her thread.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Its doing some weird thngs for me too. And I am sure its user error, or I have something set wrong.  I don't use smart content, I install everything with DIM - I don't know if that matters?  The first time I ran it it seemed to work, it spent about 55 minutes to conver 637 items and they were put in the correct spot that I had designated.  However, when I went to open the files, they were empty.  As in, nothing there but the name of the file.

The next time I tried it (I deleted that entire folder, closed Studio, re opened and tried again) this time I just pointed the output directory to Daz studio/my3dlibrary people/genesis8 clothing that already has all of my g8F clothing in it.  This time, it will pull all 637 itmes but it consistently pickes one item (fayre fae or something) and pulls up a pop up saying its unsupported do I want to convert it.  I say yes, do it for all the pieces and parts, they show up on the model the script closes itself.  They fit perfectly on the model but they are not saved in the output folder. All637 items have check marks by them and I have all selected as my preference. I also tried all checked.  Same thing happens.

Clearly, I am not doing something right.

edited August 2018

First of all, I want to apologize for all the difficulties people are having.  I am going to try and reproduce the error of no clothing items found.  This is not something I have ever seen in my testing before.  

[Edit] Oh, also, always look at the Log tab.  That will give you messages about what the script thinks.  It is also helpful to me.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

I did installed most of my content manually, is that the issue? I can see all products from DAZ3D in the smart content.
    Here I have "Rocker Outfit" https://www.daz3d.com/rocker-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-8-female-s

I do see this at Scene Identification for this clothing item, yet it won't let me covert this.
    I wasn't aware that renderosity clothes can't be converted, that is a huge dealbreaker for me. I might have to return this product if this will always be the case :(.

Interesting, that looks like it should work.  I have that clothing item so I will try it.

It is not specifically renderosity clothes.  The script needs the metadata that the Daz Content Management System (CMS) provides.  If there is no information, it is hard to do anything.

If im reading the comments correctly, Renderosity and all manually installed Daz items will not work with this system. Is that true???

EDIT:

Assuming the metadata is there and the CMS reports it, it should work (obviously people are having trouble though).  

Cybersox said:

I've got this in my shopping cart now. :)  Is there a maximum number of items you recomend converting at one time?  I just did a rough count and I have over 400 G3F clothing products purchased from DAZ, which I suspect might be a bit much to try to convert all at once.

I converted about 1500 items in my library.  It takes quite awhile, and you have to check every so often to click cancel on the Auto-fit dialog that might appear, but the number doesn't really matter.  The script also saves its progress as it goes along so if there is a crash, it shouldn't hurt you.

I can't seem to get the G3 clothing to be converted into G8 clothing. After I selected the G3 files and click execute it says "0 clothing items" as seen in the attached image. 

Check the log.  What does it say?

They will let you return it. 

The output should not be to My Daz3D Library.  It is not recommended.

go away said:

I don't even get as far as the error others are seeing.  When I execute the script I get a dialog saying "Error opening file: An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details" and nothing else happens.   The DAZ Studio log file doesn't have any explicit errors listed but it does have several warnings, including:

WARNING: Script Error: Line 541

WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ASLlogToDaz

WARNING: Stack Trace:

Well, that is new.  I will investigate.

Platnumk said:

Its doing some weird thngs for me too. And I am sure its user error, or I have something set wrong.  I don't use smart content, I install everything with DIM - I don't know if that matters?  The first time I ran it it seemed to work, it spent about 55 minutes to conver 637 items and they were put in the correct spot that I had designated.  However, when I went to open the files, they were empty.  As in, nothing there but the name of the file.

The next time I tried it (I deleted that entire folder, closed Studio, re opened and tried again) this time I just pointed the output directory to Daz studio/my3dlibrary people/genesis8 clothing that already has all of my g8F clothing in it.  This time, it will pull all 637 itmes but it consistently pickes one item (fayre fae or something) and pulls up a pop up saying its unsupported do I want to convert it.  I say yes, do it for all the pieces and parts, they show up on the model the script closes itself.  They fit perfectly on the model but they are not saved in the output folder. All637 items have check marks by them and I have all selected as my preference. I also tried all checked.  Same thing happens.

Was the output directory under Daz Connect?  I believe that the script cannot write properly to those directories.  I would NOT use Daz studio/my3dlibrary people.  I would use Daz3d/Studio/My Library and create the People G8M clothing directories under that.

Platnumk said:

Was the output directory under Daz Connect?  I believe that the script cannot write properly to those directories.  I would NOT use Daz studio/my3dlibrary people.  I would use Daz3d/Studio/My Library and create the People G8M clothing directories under that.

See I knew I was doing something wrong.  Also, I did not know to cancel the autofit if it came up so.. I will try it the right way now lol.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited August 2018

I'm also getting the same error as a lot of others are getting, Even with clothing from the DAZ Store that has been installed via DIM that appear in the smart content I get the error saying no clothing items detected

This is already annoying that its doesn't work with other than Daz content, didn't notice that in the description before I purchased this and that smart content is involved in anyway. It doesn't even work with Daz items installed via DIM and that is in smart content.  I'm going to look and see what's going on in the forum before I return this

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
    edited August 2018

Ugh sorry!!!!  Wrong thread!  wayyyy too many windows open lol

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

EDIT:

This was really dissapointing to find out.... 7/8ths off all my library is from non-daz stores and freebie. On top of this I'm from the old days where I install everything by hand into sections I prefer, even dazInstall sends it to a "dump" folder for sorting. Im not entirly sure what this metadata/CMS stuff is, something like "keywords"? Oh well, guess I'll stick with autofit, least that does non-daz stuff.