[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• HatBHatB Posts: 77

If I download items from another store and create the metadata, will it then be able to convert those items?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    HatB said:

If I download items from another store and create the metadata, will it then be able to convert those items?

Yes, if you have created the metadata (product, vendor, categories, compatibility base, etc), then the script will get that from the CMS and be able to convert the items.

edited July 2018

I am so, so, so, SO, SO happy to report that the issue has been fixed and I have resubmitted "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female" for testing!  smiley  I appreciate everyone's patience.  

I didn't want to detail the issue until I knew if it could be resolved.  For those who are curious...

Basically, after Daz had finished testing, I discovered a bug as a result of my script where the converted clothing for G8F and the original clothing for G3F could not be used in the same scene.  Either using the converted clothing OR using the original clothing would work perfectly.  But in the same scene, the second clothing item would take the morphs from the first clothing item, making them unusable.  If you look at the attached image, you can see the G8F pants, boots, and undershirt were loaded second, leaving them in the classic G3 T-pose.  I asked Daz to wait until I could resolve the issue.  

I could only make them work in the same scene if I disabled the Smart Content support for the converted clothing, which I desperately did not want to do.  The best I came up with was to provide an option to disable Smart Content support or disable supporting both generations. sad Thanks to sterling support from Josh, we figured out the multiple issues and I now have a perfectly working script!  I can't wait until this gets in your hands.  And thank you again for your patience. smiley

CC Issue.jpg
    3840 x 2100 - 821K
    Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • When the description says 'convert', does the script create copies, or actually change the clothing items?  In other words, do the original G3 clothing items remain as G3?

When the description says 'convert', does the script create copies, or actually change the clothing items?  In other words, do the original G3 clothing items remain as G3?

The script creates copies.  You have both the G3F and G8F clothing items after conversion.

• When the description says 'convert', does the script create copies, or actually change the clothing items?  In other words, do the original G3 clothing items remain as G3?

The script creates copies.  You have both the G3F and G8F clothing items after conversion.

Thank you!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

YAY!!!!

Laurie

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685

I could only make them work in the same scene if I disabled the Smart Content support for the converted clothing, which I desperately did not want to do.  The best I came up with was to provide an option to disable Smart Content support or disable supporting both generations. sad Thanks to sterling support from Josh, we figured out the multiple issues and I now have a perfectly working script!  I can't wait until this gets in your hands.  And thank you again for your patience. smiley

Thank you for your diligence in this matter. The relationship between the second and third sentence above is unclear to me. Do you mean that "in order to simultaneously use two differing generations of the same clothing, we must disable Smart Content support for one or both generations," or do you mean that "the script now has no restrictions to simultaneous usage of both generations of converted clothing?"

AllenArt said:

YAY!!!!

Laurie

laugh

xyer0 said:

Thank you for your diligence in this matter. The relationship between the second and third sentence above is unclear to me. Do you mean that "in order to simultaneously use two differing generations of the same clothing, we must disable Smart Content support for one or both generations," or do you mean that "the script now has no restrictions to simultaneous usage of both generations of converted clothing?"

I meant that the script now has no restrictions to simultaneous usage of both generations of converted clothing

AllenArt said:

YAY!!!!

Laurie

laugh

xyer0 said:

I meant that the script now has no restrictions to simultaneous usage of both generations of converted clothing

Whoopee! I need it STAT. Can I has hair conversion next?

• xyer0 said:
    Can I has hair conversion next?

We'll be asking for accessories/jewelry next laugh

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    xyer0 said:

That would be awesome!

xyer0 said:

Whoopee! I need it STAT. Can I has hair conversion next?

xyer0 said:

xyer0 said:

That would be awesome!

Yikes!  Slow down!  laugh  I will look at accessories/jewelry after the hair which is after the G8 to G3 products.  I am still working on the G3M to G8M as I am trying to improve the footwear conversion.  I managed to sneak into G3F to G8F that it poses the feet if there is a foot pose preset available.  I think it helps.  Of course, it doesn't help for those products without a foot pose.  I am pursuing something more manual but still quick for the feet right now.

Oh, yes. Footwear is the albatross of autofit. Don't rush it. Thanks for the update.

• If the CMS doesn't report a file's Content Type as "/Follower/Wardrobe" it is not added to the list of files it will attempt to convert. 

Is there a specific rule or requirement for the Converter to see clothing which has Metadata added, e.g. user created Metadata?

If the CMS doesn't report a file's Content Type as "/Follower/Wardrobe" it is not added to the list of files it will attempt to convert. 

Is there a specific rule or requirement for the Converter to see clothing which has Metadata added, e.g. user created Metadata?

I am not sure what you mean.  Whether you add the metadata or Daz, it shouldn't matter.  It just needs to report the file as /Follower/Wardrobe.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

If anyone has already purchased the converter, could you please post some conversion examples of the footwear.

Thanks.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    Cooooooool! Would love to see male support from G3 to G8!

That is planned.  This was a very difficult script to develop for various reasons (in fact, I almost shelved it once).  I want to get the G3F to G8F out and in everyone's hands before I go back for the male.  

Woohoo! Looking forward to that!

• So I may have missed this, but if there are special bones in the original clothing (like additional bones in a skirt for instance) are they preserved in the converted clothing?
    edited August 2018
    Estroyer said:
    Cooooooool! Would love to see male support from G3 to G8!

That is planned.  This was a very difficult script to develop for various reasons (in fact, I almost shelved it once).  I want to get the G3F to G8F out and in everyone's hands before I go back for the male.  

Woohoo! Looking forward to that!

Right now, I am waiting to see if there are suggestions or fixes from the G3F to G8F.  I will submit it this week.  So far, based on my own use, I have the following:

• Fixed bug where incorrect execution time is reported
    • Added Execute from Selected button – Unlike the Execute button which starts from the very beginning of the list and continues until the end of the list, the Execute from Selected button starts from first currently selected item and continues until the end of the list.
    • Added Convert Item(s) buttonConverts the selected clothing items only (and only those that are checked).  You can select multiple items by using the Ctrl key or the Shift key while left clicking.
    • Added Force Convert Item(s) button - For items that could not be converted, you can select them and click the Force Convert Item(s) button.  This button is available to force conversion of items, ignoring any errors encountered.  You should carefully check each selected item to make sure that these are items that should be forced.  Forcing conversion should work but is not guaranteed and may make the script unstable.  It still will not work on Wearable presets.  It is highly recommended to turn off the Use Foot Pose if Available option before forcing conversion of clothing items.

[Edit] Forgot to mention.  All of these bug fixes and features will be rolled back into the G3F -> G8F converter as well.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    So I may have missed this, but if there are special bones in the original clothing (like additional bones in a skirt for instance) are they preserved in the converted clothing?

I can't say for sure, but based on the process, it should preserve all bones in the converted clothing.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    Congratulations!! :)
  • Right now, I am waiting to see if there are suggestions or fixes from the G3F to G8F.  I will submit it this week.

Perhaps load the Genesis 8 figure if not present? Saves a few seconds hunting lol.

• Hmm I can't get this to work...

I set the output folder and then when I choose the input I go to the Genesis 3 / Clothing folder but it always says this:

Even when I choose a clothing manually by clicking add files I get this message

The log says this

2018-08-13 16:32:09.819 DEBUG: Adding Files...
    2018-08-13 16:32:09.820 DEBUG:    SKIPPING  file: B:\DAZ3D Content\Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\3DS_ArrynOn\Chrissie High Boots\Chrissie High Boots.duf
    2018-08-13 16:32:32.060 Script executed successfully: B:/DAZ3D Content/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

anyone else having this problem?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Illidanstorm

FWIW, I have read that "Content" should not be the root folder of your Studio content library. If you look at a product zip file, then look at the actual installation, you will find that everything below the Content folder in the zip is installed where you specifcy, but not the Content folder.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited August 2018

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly?

The input folder should not be the one of the root folder of DAZ3D?
    I just tried copying the G3F clothes to another harddrive and runned the script but same issue.

Edit: even when I set the output to another harddrive it gives the same message.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • Hmm I can't get this to work...

I set the output folder and then when I choose the input I go to the Genesis 3 / Clothing folder but it always says this:

Even when I choose a clothing manually by clicking add files I get this message

The log says this

2018-08-13 16:32:09.819 DEBUG: Adding Files...
    2018-08-13 16:32:09.820 DEBUG:    SKIPPING  file: B:\DAZ3D Content\Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\3DS_ArrynOn\Chrissie High Boots\Chrissie High Boots.duf
    2018-08-13 16:32:32.060 Script executed successfully: B:/DAZ3D Content/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

anyone else having this problem?

Is this a DAZ item? If not, then as I understand it, it won't convert unless there is metadata.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited August 2018

It's a renderosity item. I've tried DAZ3D items too though but I can't get this to work.
    It should at least detect some items of the clothing folder of G3F as some of them are from the DAZ3D shop.

Here the "basic wear" for example:

17:00:38 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit): Adding Files...
    17:00:38 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit):    SKIPPING  file: B:\DAZ3D Content\Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\Basic Wear\Basic Wear.duf

Edit: Even on another PC I can't get this to work. Either there is a major bug or I'm doing something wrong.

I load G8F
    run the script while having her selected
    Set the output to a new folder I created
    Set the Input to the Content\People\Genesis 3 Female\Clothing\ where all of my files are
    And then the error comes up.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • Hmm, you are right. Basic Wear doesn't seem to load.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

So, I guess, it is not really ready to use, yet.