Basic Supersuit UV's for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard.

1234568»

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/mardi-gras-supersuit

Right here, RAMwolff. :)

And thanks, Josh!

Thanks so much. I guess I don't have that one! I will very soon though! :-)

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

I changed the Basic Suit's surface groups to match up with the Supersuit as much as possible (basically the major groups match pretty well, all the tiny seam surfaces are not present ).

When applying the Mardi Gras texture to it, it doesn't seem to have the issue. Maybe it did have something to do with how you got it to work, not really sure...

The new version you sent me works without the issue. It could be because I can now apply the material directly where before I was copying and pasting random surfaces from shader mixer. Thanks!

• DAZ_JoshDAZ_Josh Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Nice!

OK, so if you guys like the direction we are going with these changes, then I am going to move forward on this and get it ready for QA.

Am I missing anything?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Nice!

OK, so if you guys like the direction we are going with these changes, then I am going to move forward on this and get it ready for QA.

Am I missing anything?

Hey, I'd like one more day to do some testing and post renders before you do that, please. Thank you. :)

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

I changed the Basic Suit's surface groups to match up with the Supersuit as much as possible (basically the major groups match pretty well, all the tiny seam surfaces are not present ).

When applying the Mardi Gras texture to it, it doesn't seem to have the issue. Maybe it did have something to do with how you got it to work, not really sure...

Very, very impressive. REALY looking forward to the update.

Thanks for all of your efforts, it certainly looks worthwhile.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited July 2013

Nice!

Am I missing anything?

Ok, I tested several Supersuit presets. They don't transfer perfectly as you can plainly see in pics 1 and 2. Not sure if what circled in red is supposed to do that or not. Other than that, it works perfectly.

I then created my own texture for the Basic Suit just to see how well the UV map worked out for that. Works perfect! Except for a problem area I circled. Not sure what's causing that, but when I zoom in, it disappears. Only appears in distant shots, which is weird. Could be the simple Displacement map I'm using in that render.

I think it's ready for Q&A. ;)

Click on Images for full size

GL_Test.jpg
    1000 x 916 - 66K
    BasicSuitTEST02.jpg
    689 x 631 - 119K
    BasicSuitTEST01.jpg
    689 x 631 - 104K
    Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

Hello? DAZ Jared? Josh? This in Q&A?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Hello? DAZ Jared? Josh? This in Q&A?

It's Sunday. Nothing is anywhere in Dazland. =P
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

According to DIM, there’s a new Supersuit update. According to the Readme:

Resolved Issues: 2013-08-26 - Updated Basic Suit materials and UVs to take Supersuit texture maps, updated Metadata.

I’m guessing this is the issue people have been talking about? Not sure, since I haven't used the basic suit.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thanks for HU :-)

edited August 2013

vwrangler said:
    According to DIM, there’s a new Supersuit update. According to the Readme:

Resolved Issues: 2013-08-26 - Updated Basic Suit materials and UVs to take Supersuit texture maps, updated Metadata.

I’m guessing this is the issue people have been talking about? Not sure, since I haven't used the basic suit.

Thank you for letting us know! :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Has anyone tried the new download for the Basic Supersuit yet?

Mine doesn't seem to have changed at all. The torso front is still on top of the back piece!!

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Neat. I'll have to try it.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Nice!

Am I missing anything?

Ok, I tested several Supersuit presets. They don't transfer perfectly as you can plainly see in pics 1 and 2. Not sure if what circled in red is supposed to do that or not. Other than that, it works perfectly.

I then created my own texture for the Basic Suit just to see how well the UV map worked out for that. Works perfect! Except for a problem area I circled. Not sure what's causing that, but when I zoom in, it disappears. Only appears in distant shots, which is weird. Could be the simple Displacement map I'm using in that render.

I think it's ready for Q&A. ;)

Click on Images for full size

The reason you see this is because the mesh for the SuperSuit and the Basic suit are different. The SuperSuit has a higher resolution. When the mapping was originally done for the Basic suit the seams lined up with the seams for the SuperSuit. The problem existed with the material groups, and what was grouped where. When I went through and re-did the groups I tried to get them to match as closely to their Supersuit counter part as possible. Unfortunately there were areas where the meshes didn't line up very well, and I had to make a decision as to where which surface the polygons were going to be placed in. I made the decision based on what I thought looked best. Obviously it isn't perfect though, that is just due to the differences in the meshes.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I sorted out the problem of still having the wrong UV, but I have changed the UV back to the original with my UV Fix, as I do NOT want a duplicate supersuit on the Basic suit.

I have several textures I have made which no longer work with the new one. Mine are shorts, trousers, shirts etc. If I wanted fancy supersuit ones I would use the Supersuit!!!

I'm afraid the fix isn't what I wanted!!!>:(

• DAZ_JoshDAZ_Josh Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Strange, I stopped receiving notifications when you guys reply.

Wilmap, did you say you created your own UV maps that work correctly, or are you just using the old broken ones?