Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

1424344454648»

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome Joe! :-)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Two thumbs up from me, Joe. :)

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

So... it's just been confirmed that there's going to be a World's Finest Batman/Superman movie to follow Man of Steel.

They're actually going through with it. Who'd have ever thought :)
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/superman-batman-on-the-big-screen-in-2015/1100-146897/

Hopefully, they will find something more interesting to do with them than fight each other. At the announcement, they read the bit from Dark Knight Returns where Bruce is taunting Clark as being the one man to beat him. Then they said, oh, well, that's not the story... then why say it? Why couldn't they point out the amazing things the pair can do together instead? I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and it's far to early to really get on them about anything, since they haven't rolled a frame, but I don't know if that was the best way to frame the message.

The more I think about Man of Steel the more ambivalent about it I am, I love pieces, there are brilliant scenes, but as a whole the film was so joyless, for someone who wore a symbol that represents hope, there was so little of it on display. I was hoping with a sequel, we would see Superman more comfortable and more sure in his role as a hero. Can they do that and introduce Batman (probably a new incarnation of Batman) and still do that? I sure hope so.

edited December 1969

Both the Nightwing and Black Bat look really good Joe. Good call on the Young Justice suit, I liked it, and loved the show.

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

What seems desperate about it? I'm looking forward to it myself.. Man of Steel was a brilliant launching point for a series of decent (for a change) DC Universe movies..

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,531
    edited December 1969

Looks good Joe.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Howard the Duck. The Marvel comic, not the movie.

Howard, as in Robert E. Howard (the Duck from Cimmeria)?

edited December 1969

So... it's just been confirmed that there's going to be a World's Finest Batman/Superman movie to follow Man of Steel.

They're actually going through with it. Who'd have ever thought :)
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/superman-batman-on-the-big-screen-in-2015/1100-146897/

Hopefully, they will find something more interesting to do with them than fight each other. At the announcement, they read the bit from Dark Knight Returns where Bruce is taunting Clark as being the one man to beat him. Then they said, oh, well, that's not the story... then why say it? Why couldn't they point out the amazing things the pair can do together instead? I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and it's far to early to really get on them about anything, since they haven't rolled a frame, but I don't know if that was the best way to frame the message.

The more I think about Man of Steel the more ambivalent about it I am, I love pieces, there are brilliant scenes, but as a whole the film was so joyless, for someone who wore a symbol that represents hope, there was so little of it on display. I was hoping with a sequel, we would see Superman more comfortable and more sure in his role as a hero. Can they do that and introduce Batman (probably a new incarnation of Batman) and still do that? I sure hope so.

The sad part about that film is that the first half was brilliant. And then it turned into Transformers :(

I absolutely hated what they did with Pa Kent. I can go on an entire rant regarding how they diminished the character by making it his life's mission to hold superman back as much as possible, so that he winds up a 30 year-old under achiever getting beer splashed in his face... but that's a discussion for another time.

If anything, I think the movie's a perfect setup for a confrontation with Lex Luthor. I really do not want to see Batman and Superman competing, because that would make no sense. But if you bring Lex Luthor into the mix, at least it gives all the destruction in the first movie some sort of purpose, Rather than just being cheap CGI thrills.

2015 is going to be an interesting year though. That year has the Avengers 2 and Star Wars also coming out... But I think Superman/Batman's going to be the movie to see. It could come out and be a total stinker (let us hope not :O)... and it would still be the one movie to watch because those two are in it together.

So I'm looking forward, regardless of the short-comings of the previous movies :)

We can hope. I think WB is rushing a bit though, there are basically two ways they could go that would make sense to me, either build the universe like Marvel did, or just do Justice League and introduce people in context. This seems like an odd compromise. One could argue that it should be a Trinity movie, but I doubt that is going to happen, and I should probably be thankful for that. I believe it is possible that a great live action Wonder Woman can be made, I'm not sure that it can be made by the current people at Warner Brothers. Certainly not as Superman's arm candy.

edited December 1969

Do any of you know if there is a Young Justice (TV series) style Wonder Girl outfit available anywhere? I may try to make one, if I can't find one, and if it is any good I'll make it a freebie.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Terry's old school TV WW suit is awesome

OldSchoolWW2.jpg
    618 x 800 - 255K
    edited July 2013

TimG said:

Now we need a Lyle Wagonner morph!

Edit: I had it as Lionel Wagonner, I swear, my memory is deserting me.

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
  • equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited July 2013

TimG said:

It so is.

I'd tip my hat to him (and also Joe, Cage, Steve and Allen, Ravenhair, Vadlor, the3dwizard, Neftis, goldtassel, and stevekitt)... but I haven't got a hat.

"Right Down the (Time)Line"
    The original run of "Adventures of Superman" was before my time, but the syndicated reruns were a staple of my childhood entertainment. This was the DC trinity -- give or take a sidekick (or two) -- of my formative years.

RDtTL_full.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 808K
    Post edited by equinoxx5 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited July 2013

WOWEEEEE, your facial morphs for your Batman Family, WW and Supes are just so spot on! Great Googly Moogly!

-----------------------------------------------------
    Continued Next Thread....

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.