PZ3 in Carrara? (And/or Optitex clothing in Carrara)

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

4.5.1.56 {?} only 126 meg, plus this that and the other thing. The genesis essentials is the big one.

{up to Rtest 8. Once I get one I am real happy with I'll render it out and post it :coolsmile: }

Post edited by ManStan on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    4.5.1.56 {?} only 126 meg, plus this that and the other thing. The genesis essentials is the big one.

{up to Rtest 8. Once I get one I am real happy with I'll render it out and post it :coolsmile: }

no you want 4.5.2.40

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks, bigh:)

Installed the latest - no difference in the result:(

I'll explain my process and hope someone can find where I may be going wrong.

1. Open new scene, load V4
    2. Open timeline, send to frame 30 - load a single pose at frame 30. Return to frame 0.
    3. Load dynamic clothing - I've tried Bodice Skirt, Bodice Shirt, BF sweater, Clown Costume. Same result every time.
    4. Fit to V4 under parameters. Check that dynamic clothing is set to collide with everything.
    5. Open dynamic clothing tab and check that clothing set to collide with everything, do a single frame drape, then an animated drape.
    6. Return to frame 0 and freeze.
    7. Run animation to check all is well - works perfectly.
    8. Save as scene file .duf
    9. Open Carrara, open .duf
    10 Run animation - works perfectly, except that there is excessive pokethrough throughout the animation.

I sure hope someone can help - I'm getting real envious:)

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Thanks, bigh:)

Installed the latest - no difference in the result:(

I'll explain my process and hope someone can find where I may be going wrong.

1. Open new scene, load V4
    2. Open timeline, send to frame 30 - load a single pose at frame 30. Return to frame 0.
    3. Load dynamic clothing - I've tried Bodice Skirt, Bodice Shirt, BF sweater, Clown Costume. Same result every time.
    4. Fit to V4 under parameters. Check that dynamic clothing is set to collide with everything.
    5. Open dynamic clothing tab and check that clothing set to collide with everything, do a single frame drape, then an animated drape.
    6. Return to frame 0 and freeze.
    7. Run animation to check all is well - works perfectly.
    8. Save as scene file .duf
    9. Open Carrara, open .duf
    10 Run animation - works perfectly, except that there is excessive pokethrough throughout the animation.

I sure hope someone can help - I'm getting real envious:)

you welcome - if you look at my animation on page 2
    you will see that I am getting the same thing .
    the first part is render in DS - the other 3 parts are render in Carrara .
    all 4 work fine in DS not in Carrara .

edited April 2013

You're doing it wrong. ;-)

Load V4
    load clothing
    fit to
    animate/pose ; for animations using animate2 be sure to bake to DS key frames
    drape
    freeze
    save as DUF.

I'm uploading a big one to youtube; going to be a bit longer it's 200meg after compression; but looks so nice lol
    Anyone know how to imbed a video from youtube? I know it can be done. {yes with all the poke through warts}

edited December 1969

Here it is. If some one tells me how to imbed it I'll edit this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUFmAcVyeWk&feature=youtu.be

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Here it is. If some one tells me how to imbed it I'll edit this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUFmAcVyeWk&feature=youtu.be

you can't imbed any more - good for you .
    are you happy now ?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

That looks great! It's a pity there are those poke-throughs, though.

edited December 1969

Thanks Stan - that made a small improvement - enough of an improvement that I can get away with hiding bits of V4:)

I see 3dage's render is perfect - wonder if there are some clothing items that simply perform better, or if he also resorted to hiding body bits?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Fix pokethrough,...

select the imported clothing item,.. go to the motion tab (top right) ,. in the scale area,. change the overall scale to 101% or whatever works for you.
    you can also scale the X,Y,Z individually,. but use small amounts.

Smoothing in the final render will also help reduce poke-through,. and there's always the traditional method or selecting the body part, and making it invisible.

you could also try increasing the collision distance setting in DS which should also result in less poke through.

hope it helps :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276
    edited December 1969

Hold on a second. I have to pick my jaw back up off the floor. Well where did it go?
    Do jaws bounce? It was just... and I saw it... Oh for crying out loud.
    Manley Stanley... What did I say about loving your work? I'm saying it again.
    I love your work. If you've got to do a dyno cloth test... do a dynamic cloth test. And that's a dyno cloth test!!!
    Looks great! Now I'm stuck with the dilema that I don't have any D|S dynos. Luckily, there's some really cool stuff... I just saw a really cool coat just the other day. I usually ignore all of the dyno products. I'm going to have to fill up my wishlist! This makes me really wonder:
    What else can I do in D|S that I cannot do in Carrara that can go into Carrara via DUF.

Roygee made me learn this word, and learn it well... DUF
    DUF DUF DUF DUF DUF
    say it with me.
    DUF

edited December 1969

A real kicker is all my old test files open and run now too :gulp:

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Hold on a second. I have to pick my jaw back up off the floor. Well where did it go?
    Do jaws bounce? It was just... and I saw it... Oh for crying out loud.
    Manley Stanley... What did I say about loving your work? I'm saying it again.
    I love your work. If you've got to do a dyno cloth test... do a dynamic cloth test. And that's a dyno cloth test!!!
    Looks great! Now I'm stuck with the dilema that I don't have any D|S dynos. Luckily, there's some really cool stuff... I just saw a really cool coat just the other day. I usually ignore all of the dyno products. I'm going to have to fill up my wishlist! This makes me really wonder:
    What else can I do in D|S that I cannot do in Carrara that can go into Carrara via DUF.

Roygee made me learn this word, and learn it well... DUF
    DUF DUF DUF DUF DUF
    say it with me.
    DUF

If you have no dynamic clothes, try these to start:
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

Careful though, you may become addicted.

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Fix pokethrough,...

select the imported clothing item,.. go to the motion tab (top right) ,. in the scale area,. change the overall scale to 101% or whatever works for you.
    you can also scale the X,Y,Z individually,. but use small amounts.

Smoothing in the final render will also help reduce poke-through,. and there's always the traditional method or selecting the body part, and making it invisible.

you could also try increasing the collision distance setting in DS which should also result in less poke through.

hope it helps :)

I don't have the right version? Seriously where would I find this setting?

edited December 1969

If you have no dynamic clothes, try these to start:
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

Careful though, you may become addicted.

I hear that! I do get addicted to all of this stuff very easily. Say, thank you for this link! This looks like a great way to start, and some of it looks very much like what I would be looking for. Very Cool!
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that hint, 3dage - set me off on the right track:)

I find smoothing made no difference, although I only tried that on two items. Increasing size on the first frame only made it worse - then I hit on the idea of making minute overall size changes on the last frame - jackpot! Then go through frame-by-frame and make tiny adjustments to individual axis sizes - perfect.

A bit of a pain, but you need to put in the sweat if you want the results:)

The jury is still out on changing the collision tolerance at source - I'm getting mixed results there, but still early days and experimenting is a slow process.

I guess it all depends on the clothing item and the pose or animation.

Stan, the setting for collision tolerance is under the physics tab in the dynamic clothing pane.

Dart, I have all the freebie clothing - haven't installed much and not bought any until it works correctly in Carrara - Optitex is seriously generous - a big thank you to them:)

edited December 1969

Roygee said:

Stan, the setting for collision tolerance is under the physics tab in the dynamic clothing pane.

I have no physics tab in the dynamic clothing pane. Sure that isn't part of the dynamic clothing control plugin?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's part of the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in.

edited April 2013

ReDave said:
    Yes, it's part of the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in.

Thought as much.

I've worked out a comparatively long animation of M4 dancing; using the animate 2 free dances. Going to take a while to drape, and much longer to render. It's about 30 seconds.
    With this working I am a bit more inclined to buy aniblocks.

Now, how to work out a scene using them. I was thinking I could set up the scene in carrara, replace furniture with cubes, and save out as .obj, to import to studio.

Hey, just found out you can take the cloths in to the modeling room, tug the clothes out, and it not only is retained, but doesn't effect the dynamics badly. :-)

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    and much longer to render. It's about 30 seconds.
    For this,
    Once you get the thing into Carrara and your scene all set up, set up two or three cameras at different angles and set them to follow the motions as you normally would.

After saving, close the scene and go into the render room, and bring up the Batch Queue.
    Add the file three times and set each of the three cameras to render the first two or three seconds. A single One second shot of dancing is already a lot of action.

Add the file three more times and repeat for the next few seconds... etc.,

This way, you can flash from camera to camera in your final production, which looks a bazillion times better than stay with one camera through thirty seconds! ;-)

edited December 1969

Forgot to mention to have the Batch Queue, name each video separately... but that should already go without saying. Great technique though. Try it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited December 1969

my go
    http://youtu.be/RMTgw67DOQY
    first two studio (same sim for all) rest Carrara import latest beta
    I wish I had not hidden the leg as there was negligible poke through but a few shots got dis-embodied feet.

edited December 1969

My isn't she, er, umm,, opulent ;)

Nice.
    Are those the DAZ belly dance aniblocks?

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    My isn't she, er, umm,, opulent ;)

Nice.
    Are those the DAZ belly dance aniblocks?

yes
    and thx

ps, delete head keyframes before applying a random Mimic pro pz2 for expression!
    did it already in studio and got spaz epiletic head!! removed it for last 3 Carrara renders when I finally noticed it.

edited December 1969

Well when it comes to women
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug

edited December 1969

Sorry Stan - it's not under physics, but preferences. Probably is part of the dynamic clothing control, I've not seen it in previous versions. Dynamic clothing control came with the latest Beta, so I took a chance and installed it and it shows it is installed and working - will probably time out, as I haven't bought it - waiting till Optitex works correctly in Carrara.

Wonder why Optitex doesn't make a plugin for Carrara - this is where the major animations are done and I'm sure they'll get many customers for it.

Wendy that is really good - careful, you'll loose all your abusive followers if you carry on like this:)

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Sorry Stan - it's not under physics, but preferences. Probably is part of the dynamic clothing control, I've not seen it in previous versions. Dynamic clothing control came with the latest Beta, so I took a chance and installed it and it shows it is installed and working - will probably time out, as I haven't bought it - waiting till Optitex works correctly in Carrara.

Wonder why Optitex doesn't make a plugin for Carrara - this is where the major animations are done and I'm sure they'll get many customers for it.

Wendy that is really good - careful, you'll loose all your abusive followers if you carry on like this:)

Actually this is one of those cases where DAZ put it's foot in it's mouth. When DAZ first announced the optitex dynamic clothing, they said it would be out for Studio and Carrrara, that we would get the dynamic clothing control plugin and a dynamic clothing creation app. We go 2 out of 4.

I don't know for sure but it seems there has been something up between DAZ and Optitex. The guy; whoms name wont come to me, that makes the dynamic clothing for DAZ, I'm not sure is still with Optitex. If I recall correctly he went independent.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Roygee said:

Actually this is one of those cases where DAZ put it's foot in it's mouth. When DAZ first announced the optitex dynamic clothing, they said it would be out for Studio and Carrrara, that we would get the dynamic clothing control plugin and a dynamic clothing creation app. We go 2 out of 4.

I don't know for sure but it seems there has been something up between DAZ and Optitex. The guy; whoms name wont come to me, that makes the dynamic clothing for DAZ, I'm not sure is still with Optitex. If I recall correctly he went independent.

you are correct - martin did - think he got tired of waiting for them to update the plug-in .
    Dynamic clothing runs better in DS 3 - wish it work as well in DS 4.5 .

edited December 1969

bigh said:

you are correct - martin did - think he got tired of waiting for them to update the plug-in .
    Dynamic clothing runs better in DS 3 - wish it work as well in DS 4.5 .

I wish carrara hair worked as well in C8 as C6. Ever get the feeling we're back sliding?

edited December 1969

BTW if you got a spare 10 grand you can buy the Optitex software and do what Martin does too!