Just a bunch of carp

CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
edited July 2018 in Art Studio

I'm just posting some of the figures I'm putting together, mainly I'm focusing on exaggeration and satire.  I like faces with interesting features, and I find that imperfections are what add depth and character so my goal is just to add character and hopefully bring out some very candid satirical images and animations.  I plan to post anything of relative noteworthiness given my amateurish time with Studio and hopefully it doesn't stink.  Forgive my limited Wardrobes, I'm working on it ;)

First Figure June 2018 - Jerry Portraits

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
    edited July 2018

Adding Features and decided this figure would be Ginger

edited July 2018

Had some struggles today over this above figure, but I learned a lot of new things about Daz and got him sorted, and I got into editing some UV's and making a tattoo'd UV for M6.  I got the idea from the L.I.E. pack that I bought for my Michael 8 The big tattoo over the right chest is from the L.I.E. pack since it worked on him I used it, and then made more in Gimp, basically I searched for free png's on the net, jumped into Gimp and colored them up and grouped some together into new tats and then messed around on a copy of UV's.  The final results are not too bad for a schmuck like me, I couldn't find anything for M6 to wear so he is sporting a skimpy sphere, it was that or Victoria's string bikini so I'm sure if he were real, he would approve of the sphere.  Or maybe he would go for the bikini, I am not one to judge ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Genesis 2 male clothing fits Michael 6.  Nice job on the tattoos!

edited July 2018

Ok, thanks!  I love that gallery of yours btw.  Amazing stuff.

Post edited by CGHipster on

Ok, thanks!  I love that gallery of yours btw.  Amazing stuff.

Aww thank you!  I'm enjoying myself anyway lol.

Bought some clothes, the G3 Clone for M6 and traded out the brows and lashes.  Did some shaping and facial morphs and the results are pretty lifelike.

edited July 2018

Created a set with build a room and messed around with a "portrait" photo, inspired by the monthly thing happening, I think it is portraits this is my amateurish try to make something decent.  Since I know I cannot do anything really great I went with "amateur" photography theme and I tried to go for a candid photo and expression, like when you're at a house party and there is always that one guy taking pics all night and in your face.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Due to the plethora of devices which people use to browse the forum nowadays we do ask that you use the tools above the typing panel to limit your images to 800pixels in width for forum display. 

This icon ↑

If you use it correctly you can still have your image show at original size when cilcked on.

edited July 2018
    Chohole said:

My Bad, I wasn't aware.  I will thanks. 

edited July 2018

This weekend I put together my own set, this is my first.  I used many primitives and the enhanced primitives pack, the "create a room" modular sofa and well, you can all see what props are familiar but, I made good use of the Iray shaders and played with light.  The only thing that I feel went horribly wrong is the small table lamp.  It is too bright for the scene and the light coming from it on the wall is too low it seems.  But, this is my first room and my first set of any kind so just like a kid who draws stick figures I'm keeping it.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are coming along very well with your renders @steviem672!!

Thank you!  I just splurged on massive collection of shaders due to the sale, I feel equipped now.  Very equipped.  I really like the Iray Shaders, it opens up alot of possibilities.  Now, I need to play in Iclone and wrap my head around animating from iclone into Daz.  I have been trying for months in Daz and had some success, but my god animating in Studio is infuriating. 

;p

You are coming along very well with your renders @steviem672!!

edited July 2018

Going to try something a little darker.  I chose to not use the light props and did the light for the SUV one at a time and saved it as a subset, I learned lots about lighting with the car and this scene.  I tried to keep this scene interesting and managed to get the woman's expression in the reflection of the mirror in some of the shots so I'm feeling kind of proud of the overall scene. 

I added a few onlookers to create a mood of tension and to create more interest.

I need to figure out how to make roads look slick, like they are wet.  So, if anyone sees this and knows, please tell me.

edited July 2018

Here are more angles of that scene, I did get lazy because I have to go so used a city backdrop for a few shots and its not clean and not really planned just slapped on.  Just need a bit more time, but overall I like it and will probably do daytime renders with it as well.  It was a good learning experience.  Only thing I hate is that Photobucket seems content on compressing my images.  

So, just realized after the first few renders that I did in a dark environment for night time that Iray is a lover of light sources so I basically upped the environment light by half and then went to gimp and created a night mask setting which I used on the last 4 images.  Rendering brighter shaved 20% off the renders, actually half that since I was able to end the render without any obvious flaws in half the time.

I am going to finish this scene, I'm thinking street lights and some traffic to fill the dead ends, this is my first scene not involving a room and a single figure.  The only downfall of using a night mask post was that I lose my lighting intensity from lamps etc, so I think the trick will be to boost the individual light sources enough so that when I do mask they level out to normal nighttime lighting sources during post.

Oh, and I should add that I finally own a tonne of clothes and shaders so no more almost nudes unless I feel like it ;p

edited August 2018

New render to add, and just some venting.  Basically my webhost had 2 weeks of no connectivity and then decided to fly by night leaving only the cpanel up to download backups bla bla.  Rather than go to another host, I had an account as an enom reseller ages ago and a several domains so I said wtf, I pooled my morning into setting up a new plesk server and am sitting on a rather large hosting plan at insider rates and will just host myself.  Basically allowing me to have a decent gallery, I'm currently on 200gb bandwidth which is pretty good and 20gb of disk for less than I paid my old host for far less.  And I can just add domains and sites as I want.  

But, on the brighter side I can now host my images in maximum full glory uncompressed by Photobucket who turned out to be yet another defunct site... basically asked me to upgrade (which I did) then lost my new account and all its images.  So, if you want something done right just do it yourself I guess.

I digress, this is just a simple render and I am trying 3 point lighting.

Really nice job on the lighting for the SUV scene and I really like that you caught her reflection in the mirror.  I'm glad that you got your hosting figured out anyway!

edited August 2018

Really nice job on the lighting for the SUV scene and I really like that you caught her reflection in the mirror.  I'm glad that you got your hosting figured out anyway!

Thanks.

The image I had uploaded was a link to my enom site which is gone of course, so I will upload a new one.

edited August 2018

Ok, now my site is up and I can host my images, all I can say is good grief.  I'm glad that fiasco is over.  Here are some renders, the first is where I am trying to work with 3 point light the last is a background I rendered for my blog.

edited August 2018

Here is one of my own pieces of art, this is one of my Krita paintings but since I took it into Daz 3d and used some material shaders to add textures I consider it a Krita and Daz love child. (note this painting is not free to share)

Here I rendered out for my blogs online gallery

Love the skateboarder, the posing is very natural!

Love the skateboarder, the posing is very natural!

Thank you, I think out of the scene the skateboard render was the best.  Funny thing is that was the one scene that I didn't try so hard with, the rest seems a bit contrived and could be more natural.  I may try again and see what happens when I just chill with it and enjoy the process more, I think I got fixated on setting up shots instead of finding them after the scene was made.