July 2018 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering

12346»

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    emanuela1 said:

Hello, these are my portraits for july challange 2018, portraits. I did with DAZ Studio, genesis 3 and victoria 4. Rendered with Iray. No post work. I named the one with genesis 3, daily-life and the other one disappointed. Hope you like them.

bye

welcome to the new user contest emanuela1  I know its a bit late for feedback now, but some words: You mades some very nice starts, expecially the red haired woman alrady gives a nice portrait. Try to let her look a bit more at the camera and myba add depth of field as well woudl be my suggestion. Teh other one is more focused on the action of getting water, wich is a nice work and the posing is good, to make its a portrait you would need the figure to be the central part of the render, where the eyes go first. In the moment the action is the focus ( keep that in mind for future render, its a good thing when you manage action to be the focus)

Daughter of Eve - Daz studio + Iray. Postwork done with photoshop + Niktools.

welcome to you as well! You have a beautiful and already very accomplished render there, I like the vibrant colours and her kind of dancing pose. Probably darkening the colours in the background a tiny bit would make it less attention seeking. But its more kind of nitpicking.

Here is My second entry with Mishti, lights and all and it's simply titled "Glamour"

I think it's better, not in composition, but balance.

That is a beautiful work and very well done portrait, I I guess there is the main difference between your two works, the other one has more to say then "just " portraying your character, this one could go to a glam magazine any time ;)

An entry, portrait of Marnie, aperture pushed to f/1.8. Edits in Procreate on Ipad. 

welcome to you as well! That is a very interesting portrait work and I suspect a photografers mind behind this choice?

The only suggestion I have is to get the eyes similar "sharp" as the lips, it depends though if you chose the eyes to be a little out of focus. Very well done indeed :)

HighElf said:

The current WiP

I couldn't do anything this weekend. I prefered a real pool with real water. ;)

I started to work on the WaterFX, mainly the issu with the skin and dabbled again with tone mapping.

I really prefere the new wet look compared to the thick old one.

The wetness level has imporved a lot  ( I chose the real pool as well btw), you could try giving the hair a bit of a wet shine ( use the dual lobe settings on that)

• Tried to tweek the DOF a little, but did't see that much if any differance from the last version myself.

july2018l.png
    463 x 750 - 657K
  • Linwelly said:

An entry, portrait of Marnie, aperture pushed to f/1.8. Edits in Procreate on Ipad. 

welcome to you as well! That is a very interesting portrait work and I suspect a photografers mind behind this choice?

The only suggestion I have is to get the eyes similar "sharp" as the lips, it depends though if you chose the eyes to be a little out of focus. Very well done indeed :)

Thank you yes and am a photographer. Yes the issue of tack-sharp is deliberate :)

• Linwelly said:

Here is My second entry with Mishti, lights and all and it's simply titled "Glamour"

I think it's better, not in composition, but balance.

That is a beautiful work and very well done portrait, I I guess there is the main difference between your two works, the other one has more to say then "just " portraying your character, this one could go to a glam magazine any time ;)

Thank you so much.

• My second entry.  I realize this is the last day and not much time for comments, but have been working a lot this month trying to get the lighting right.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

brita elf.jpg
    3000 x 3033 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Looking good, everyone! This is the last day of the challenge. Finish up any changes you wish to make and get them posted. You have until Daz midnight tonight to finish any submissions to the thread.

• Okay here's entry two. Daz, and noise added in Mextures. 

IMG_1524.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 364K
  • no noseno nose Posts: 299

Probs my last portrait for the challange then, pretty happy with it

33rd shot (background).png
    1920 x 1186 - 3M
  • HighElfHighElf Posts: 326
    edited July 2018

So here it is.

Smile of a Mermaid

Software used:

DAZ 3D Studio: Aisling, Scene, Waterprops, Lighting etc.

KRITA: Error removal like fireflys, noise reduction. Enhancing if higlights and some waterFX fixes.

July2018.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 603K
    Post edited by HighElf on
  • well yeah.

finde2.jpg
    955 x 955 - 617K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Thank you, everyone, for participating. I hope you all had fun with your portraits.

The challenge is now officially closed!

See you soon for the August Challenge - Free Render Month!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited August 2018

July, 2018

Showcased Participants for the July Portrait Rendering Challenge

Picture Perfect

Given to the person who best portrayed a closeup portrait render.

For these reasons we have selected shaneseymourstudio to showcase

Reflection of Me

Given to the person who created a portrait image that not only showed the person but gave a view in to the subject’s style or life as part of the portrait.

For these reasons we have selected doctorrealgood to showcase

Memories

Given to the person who created a portrait image that conveyed a feeling or moment to be remembered.

For this reason we have selected wallflower to showcase

Congratulations to all the participants.  Wonderful images from everyone.

Editted to Add:

The New User Welcome goes to bastion2560

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • HighElfHighElf Posts: 326

Congratulations everybody. :)

• Congratulations to everyone