Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Wow! The oil painting images are very cool. Nice work!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you! Sheesh, I didn't realize I hadn't posted here in so long. I'm still around, just keeping busy between work, writing, promos, and kids. I'm getting ready to wrap up the hair tutorials on Patreon soon too. I just picked up Slosh's new hair shaders and am going to play with those. They look like fun. 

edited July 2018

Promo for dForce Voguish Dress (Rendo)

I do a lot of promos for female products, but try to sneak the guys in wherever and whenever I can. This image just wouldn't be the same without a handsome guy to tango with.

The hair and dress are dForce. I used animated timeline, memorized bones off and extended to 45 frames with the final pose in the middle so everything had time to settle. A little postwork on the hair. It's hard to get it perfect in that position. 

Items Used: 

Voguish-Dress-Llynara3.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 301K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, what a great render!  Love the dramatic pose, the lighting, the black vs. red and the whole thing!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

A question on the tango pose.  When you did the dforce, did you do both the hair and the dress at the same time?  How does that work?  I haven't had a chance to try it with more than one item

edited July 2018

Yes, I did both at the same time, just the girl. I forgot the guy's clothes were dForce. I turned him off and just draped her. I turned off memorized bones and used the animated drape, set to 45 frames. I had her at the final pose around 30  frames so everything could settle. I didn't have any issues with explosions, though the hair took 2 tries to get it right and I still had to postwork it a little due to the pose.

dracorn said:

Wow, what a great render!  Love the dramatic pose, the lighting, the black vs. red and the whole thing!

Thanks, Dracorn! Glad you like it! I've been wanting to use this pose for a while, but none of the clothes or hairs I used before looked right until now. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Looks great, @Llynara! I love the pose and how the hair and dress draped.

Thanks, knittingmommy! I think that's the best drape I've had in dForce so far!

edited August 2018

Lordy, I've been doing a lot of promos lately. You can see them in my DAZ and Rendo galleries, too many to share here, BUT I had to share the ones I did for Quariz Hair 4 by 3Dream (at his Rendo store).

Some of you may know that I'm a total 3D hair freak. I literally own thousands of hair models. I love to play with it, and have been doing a Beautiful Hair series over on Patreon. I really love great hair models! 3Dream and Mairy put out some amazing ones, but the product images may not overly grab your attention. Many are rendered in Poser and listed as working in that program, but they all work fine in DAZ, and are packed with versatile morphs and hair fits for many characters. So check out their stores here at DAZ and also at Rendo. But especially, check out the linked gallery images. You may be surprised what you can do with these.

Hunka Hunka: 

It's not easy being a hunka burnin' love, but Quariz Hair 4 sure does help! This is a great hair model for all your vintage renders! Available at Rendo.

Note: This hair is made for Poser but works wonderfully in DAZ and has many fits. I used Sloshwerks UHT Iray Hair Shaders to add just a little extra shine and thickness, but kept all original textures here.

Made with...

edited August 2018

The Rebel

Be a rebel and bring sexy back with this vintage pompadour! Promo for Quariz Hair 4 by 3Dream, available at Rendo.

Note: Shirt is the basic one from the G8 Starter Essentials, it drapes well with dForce.

Made with...

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Love Iain in the Suit!  Nice hair, that set, from what I can see.  Have to take a gander. 

edited August 2018

Iain and that suit were made for each other! LOL

PS. I've rendered him in it before but it's fun to compare the images. I've learned a lot in the past year! 

Llynara said:

Lordy, I've been doing a lot of promos lately. You can see them in my DAZ and Rendo galleries, too many to share here, BUT I had to share the ones I did for Quariz Hair 4 by 3Dream (at his Rendo store).

Some of you may know that I'm a total 3D hair freak. I literally own thousands of hair models. I love to play with it, and have been doing a Beautiful Hair series over on Patreon. I really love great hair models! 3Dream and Mairy put out some amazing ones, but the product images may not overly grab your attention. Many are rendered in Poser and listed as working in that program, but they all work fine in DAZ, and are packed with versatile morphs and hair fits for many characters. So check out their stores here at DAZ and also at Rendo. But especially, check out the linked gallery images. You may be surprised what you can do with these.

Hunka Hunka: 

It's not easy being a hunka burnin' love, but Quariz Hair 4 sure does help! This is a great hair model for all your vintage renders! Available at Rendo.

Note: This hair is made for Poser but works wonderfully in DAZ and has many fits. I used Sloshwerks UHT Iray Hair Shaders to add just a little extra shine and thickness, but kept all original textures here.

Made with...

Oh, you NAILED it with the eyes!  What a great render.  I love your Rebel as well. 

I also visited your gallery and gave you a bunch of likes.  Nice stuff.

edited August 2018

@dracorn Aww, thank you so very much, my friend! I need to cruise through the galleries and other threads soon too. Only so much time in a day lately. 

Glad you liked my Elvis! I thought he came out well, especially for a G3M. I was surprised how much expression I managed to get out of him, mostly just playing with sliders. I find the expression presets are just too toony for G3, and even sometimes for G8. Dialing in the sliders seems to work better- more control that way.

Yes, lots and lots of promos lol.  Love the elvis one, looks great!  And the black and white is stunning.  I will second the recommendation on those hair products, very versatile. On most if not all of them you can change the length quite a bit as well which is really nice.

Llynara said:

@dracorn Aww, thank you so very much, my friend! I need to cruise through the galleries and other threads soon too. Only so much time in a day lately. 

Glad you liked my Elvis! I thought he came out well, especially for a G3M. I was surprised how much expression I managed to get out of him, mostly just playing with sliders. I find the expression presets are just too toony for G3, and even sometimes for G8. Dialing in the sliders seems to work better- more control that way.

I rarely use the presets, if ever.  I would want only part of the emotion but not all.  Say the mouth but not the eyes.  So I use the sliders, and I LOVE the PowerPose for G8!  I use that almost every time.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    Llynara said:

I do a lot of promos for female products, but try to sneak the guys in wherever and whenever I can. This image just wouldn't be the same without a handsome guy to tango with.

The hair and dress are dForce. I used animated timeline, memorized bones off and extended to 45 frames with the final pose in the middle so everything had time to settle. A little postwork on the hair. It's hard to get it perfect in that position. 

Items Used: 

Wowzers! That's fantastic! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are truely an amazing artist @Llynara!!

I just love the DForce dress and hair and that pose is so realistic!!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Llynara said:

Items Used: 

Wowzers! That's fantastic! 

+1 I totally agree! This image is so gorgeous! Excellent work, Llynara! heart

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Love the tango and Elvis renders, beautifully done!  About the hairs you recc'd, they appear to be for older figures.  Does that mean they would be difficult to fit to G3 and G8?

Oh, wow, thank you all so much! Glad you like the renders heart

@ Worlds_Edge: The Quariz Hairs have fits for G3, as well as a lot of other figures. You can use any older hair easily to any figure by parenting it instead of autofitting. That preserves all the bones too. I do it all the time: 

1. Make sure your figure is zeroed (not posed)
    2. Load the hair
    3. Manuever hair with the translate sliders till it's on the head the way you want (you can scale it too if needed)
    4. Right click on the hair in the Scene tab and choose "Parent To".
    5. A menu pops up, choose "Head", make sure it's the actual head and not the rigging for clothing or something else.
    6. Voila! Now you have hair that will follow the figure and is totally posable with the bones it came with (autofit tends to wipe them out.)

edited August 2018

Here's another hottie for you. 75% Garrett for M8, 25% Toon Dwayne 8. I like this mix! 

Items Used: 

Toon Dwayne 8
    Garrett for M8
    Beastmaster Outfit for G8M
    Viking Hair for G2M
    Oh My Body Hair for G3M (Rendo)
    Hair Lustre Shaders by Phil W
    Morak Badlands
    DA Real World Lighting

Dwayne-Garrett-Mix2.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 541K
    Llynara said:

Oh, wow, thank you all so much! Glad you like the renders heart

@ Worlds_Edge: The Quariz Hairs have fits for G3, as well as a lot of other figures. You can use any older hair easily to any figure by parenting it instead of autofitting. That preserves all the bones too. I do it all the time: 

1. Make sure your figure is zeroed (not posed)
    2. Load the hair
    3. Manuever hair with the translate sliders till it's on the head the way you want (you can scale it too if needed)
    4. Right click on the hair in the Scene tab and choose "Parent To".
    5. A menu pops up, choose "Head", make sure it's the actual head and not the rigging for clothing or something else.
    6. Voila! Now you have hair that will follow the figure and is totally posable with the bones it came with (autofit tends to wipe them out.)

Yep!  I use that technique all the time.  Occassionally I have trouble with hair going through the breasts instead of over them.  In some cases I wasn't able to fix that.  

Your lighting in the above render makes it look like the wasteland is burning hot.  He better have sunscreen!

I'm not much into toons, but your combination of Garrett and Dwane looks really good.  I really like the addition of chest hair.  The light color makes it look real.  Often the dark color on fibermesh body hair makes it look like wires.  Great job on this render.  Great character too!

What's the outfit he's wearing?  I like the armored kilt - is it for G8M?

edited August 2018

Thanks, dracorn! That is Beastmaster Outfit for G8M . There's also a texture expansion. Love it! 

Oh and that DA Real World Lighting really is great for outdoor scenes. I use it a lot.

Llynara said:

Here's another hottie for you. 75% Garrett for M8, 25% Toon Dwayne 8. I like this mix! 

Items Used: 

Toon Dwayne 8
    Garrett for M8
    Beastmaster Outfit for G8M
    Viking Hair for G2M
    Oh My Body Hair for G3M (Rendo)
    Hair Lustre Shaders by Phil W
    Morak Badlands
    DA Real World Lighting

Wow this almost makes me want to get some toons!  He looks fantastic!

Thanks, IceDragon! I really like dialing in a little Dwayne to the guys. Makes them look a bit more masculine, though I wish Dwayne wasn't so short. I keep having to readjust the height.

edited August 2018

Colorwerks Hair Shaders for Iray

Was playing with Slosh's new Colorwerks hair shaders last night. I have a few characters in my books with reddish-blond hair. Most shaders make it look pink or like a big glob of orange. I wanted to show both the red and gold in the hair. This is even more challenging on my twin energy shifters, Jacob and Jared, who have curly hair and glow due to their powers. Here's Jacob with ColorWerks on the hair and PhilW's Hair Lustre shaders over top of it at a very low translucency. I also put Hair Luster over the body hair (Oh My Body Hair by Redz) and Supernatural Brows to give a golden look over the red. The model here is Darwin's wonderful Iain for Michael 7, one of my favorites. Such an incredibly versatile character. Very few could pull off that hair! 

Now if I can just find a good way in Iray to give people a glowing outline, that would be great. I usually render the character without a background and add in postwork. I didn't  do that here, as I was just playing with the hair. I think it came out good. And those pants! They are Streetwear Jeans for Genesis (made by Stonemason.) They are the best looking textures I've ever seen on jeans, and they were made before Iray came out. That's the default conversion- I did nothing to them except bump up Sub-D a notch.

Jacob.jpg
    1470 x 2000 - 232K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very nice!  On another thread, we were all encouraging Stefan to make more clothing. They rock!