Gia Render Thread

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited August 2013 in The Commons

We are really excited for the release of our new figure Gia, based off the Genesis 2 Female. As excited as we are for the release, we are more excited to see what the DAZ Community can do with Gia. We'd love to see what you've come up with so feel free to post your renders of Gia to this thread. We will be giving out gift cards for exceptional renders. Here is a render to get things started.

For discussions about Gia see this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25766/

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

You might want to sticky the two threads you started. They're apt to disappear before people even get to see Gia hit the store.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Gia, finally set free...

Gia_01.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 746K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

My first render with Gia:

2013-07-18_Gia_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 515K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Okay, so clearly I have no willpower. Got the pro bundle if only for all the nice outfits and the extra texture sets. Here's a simple render with Gia using default materials.

Gia.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 451K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

maraich said:
    You might want to sticky the two threads you started. They're apt to disappear before people even get to see Gia hit the store.

Done.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

very nice render Sedor *thumbsup* are you one of the DAZ promo artists?? looks similar in style, which I like a lot :')

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

sedor said:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Late to the party as always... trying something different

RiaBodyBuilder01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 194K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

My first render of Gia with default materials dressed in Sheriff clothes. Also used Xanadu hair.
    Rendered in Daz Studio 4.6 Pro.

Gia07ROLpic01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 345K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

First one had to be Gia with Gia hair (well, I did actually try Xanadu to begin with, but that render crashed pretty hard, LOL). Added slight breast adjustment along with some tweaks via the "Clothing Breast Fixes For Genesis 2 Female".

Maybe when Mathilda was a few years older, she changed her name to Gia...

The_Cleaner.jpg
    2000 x 765 - 496K
    edited December 1969

Below is a Daz Studio 4.6 Pro render of Gia Nyssa dressed in Club58 dress.
    Also used Nightfever hair.

GiaNyssa12pic01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 375K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Wow lots of great renders so far! And they all look great! Can't wait to see some more! :O)

edited December 1969

One more Daz Studio 4.6 Pro render of Gia Nyssa, dressed in Hot Cabana wear
    with materials partially replaced by Subsurface shaders. Also used Nightfever hair.

GiaNyssa15pic02.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 443K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited July 2013

Gia in DzFire's Behind the Neighbourhood alley, using Neomi textures by FWArt and DAZ3D, Nightfever hair by Valea and DAZ3D, Sherriff boots by Sarsa, Val3dart and DAZ3D, Pants, bangle (used Gemologica shaders on this) and money belt from The Tourist by Predatron, Sports Bar and glasses from The Jogger by Oskarsson and DAZ 3D.

Wasn't wholly happy with the pose, so flattened the foot, plus added a specular distant tied to the main light

Gia2.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 853K
    Gia.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 810K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Does anyone have any good comparison pics of her and Victoria?

edited December 1969

The blond on the left is G2F with Body Builder 0.5. The red head on the right is Gia. To my eye it looks like Gia has more arm muscle definition and less leg muscle definition.

g2f_BodyBuilder_0_5_gia.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 637K
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Gia got her pennies back! :D

GiaPennies.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    The blond on the left is G2F with Body Builder 0.5. The red head on the right is Gia. To my eye it looks like Gia has more arm muscle definition and less leg muscle definition.

Interesting. Anything to compare against Victoria?
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    very nice render Sedor *thumbsup* are you one of the DAZ promo artists?? looks similar in style, which I like a lot :')

Thanks April, no, I am not a DAZ promo artist - but if DAZ thinks I could become one... I want :D

Zev0 said:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Zev!!!

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Great work so far! I'm really impressed with the quality of renders that have been put together in such a short time (<12 hours). Keep up the good work, and keep those renders coming!! Remember we'll be giving away gift cards for our favorite renders.</p>

• edited December 1969

mark128 said:

What skins were used? Wouldn't a true comparison utilize similar skins, as in same skin tone? Are there any skins that can be used for both? G2 is very fair and Gia is much darker.

edited December 1969

One more Gia from me, this time I am using FWarts character "Neomi"

2013-07-18_Gia_Fight_Club_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 496K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited July 2013

Lovely renders so far!

I just got Gia and installed, and now have got one running, hopefully can post it soon. :)

Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Ada933 said:
    mark128 said:

What skins were used? Wouldn't a true comparison utilize similar skins, as in same skin tone? Are there any skins that can be used for both? G2 is very fair and Gia is much darker.

Both are the default skin. The G2F skin is the Bree skin which uses UberSurface. The Gia default skin uses the Sub Surface Shader.

I could use the Gia skin on G2F. The Gia skin uses the Gia UVs, but if you own Gia you can use Gia UVs on any G2F based character.

I'm at work now, so it will be some time before I can try anything different. Lighting could be better too, but I was in a hurry on the way to work.

• edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Ada933 said:
    mark128 said:

Both are the default skin. The G2F skin is the Bree skin which uses UberSurface. The Gia default skin uses the Sub Surface Shader.

I could use the Gia skin on G2F. The Gia skin uses the Gia UVs, but if you own Gia you can use Gia UVs on any G2F based character.

I'm at work now, so it will be some time before I can try anything different. Lighting could be better too, but I was in a hurry on the way to work.

Thanks Mark for taking the time to make the comparison renders. Thanks to everyone else for the sharing all these great renders. I'd love to see more.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited July 2013

Ada933 said:
    mark128 said:
    Ada933 said:
    mark128 said:

Thanks Mark for taking the time to make the comparison renders. Thanks to everyone else for the sharing all these great renders. I'd love to see more.

There are more comparison renders and discussion in the discussion thread for those interested as well :O)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,985
    edited December 1969

I really LOVE GIA6!!!!

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 342K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    One more Gia from me, this time I am using FWarts character "Neomi"

Nice render. I really like this one.
  • WirenutWirenut Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Here's Gia contemplating the arrival of the Genesis 2 Male...................soon?

uyt899_1.jpg
    1200 x 1976 - 598K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited July 2013

Here's my first render with Gia.

SuperGia3.jpg
    1000 x 714 - 127K
    Post edited by Storypilot on