Non-zero translating poses.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there a global setting so that when you reload a pose preset it doesn't zero the translation, other than manually going through and editing every pose and resaving them all? It would be really handy to have a little box to click that would apply this globally and over ride the translation settings.

It's annoying to have to keep repositioning figures in a scene when you load a new pose for them.

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Ctrl + double-click to load the pose. This will give you a dialog where you can exclude translations/rotations.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Ctrl + double-click to load the pose. This will give you a dialog where you can exclude translations/rotations.

YES!! I want to have your babies!

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I won't go quite that far but I'd like to add my thanks. :)

I can't believe I never tried this.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

And I bet they'd be adorable. But based on your avatars, what color hair would they have.....?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

And I bet they'd be adorable. But based on your avatars, what color hair would they have.....?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/46260/browse/11/Poser/Celebration-2010-Day-5-Celeb-for-Posh-Hair

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

OMGosh, you're too funny!

edited December 1969

: - D

This thread totally made my day.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information. I have discovered that locking the x, y and z co-ordinates of the figure also works but your way is a lot less hassle.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Lol......this very thing has had me groaning every time I wanted to try a different pose..........such a simple solution! I too can't believe I never thought to try that. Thanks for the info!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

holding down ctrl when clicking on a number of things like lights and surfaces for example gives you more options too.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

From now on I'm going to hold ctrl when I click on things to see what options are available.

(hold ctrl, clicks Szark)

edited December 1969

Another nice one : hold Alt and drag an actor/prop onto the scene. This let's you choose a spawning point instead of world origin.

(and under the credo of 'Credit where credit is due', i learnt all this stuff from Jaderail, Szark and co)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Best one for those bad times... CTRL,ALT and Delete will let you escape this mad house of a forum while your PC reboots if you wish. (WINK emoty goes here.)

edited December 1969

I wouldn't do that as the result may be so terrible all your hair would fallout in seconds and leave your eyes balls bleeding.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I wouldn't do that as the result may be so terrible all your hair would fallout in seconds and leave your eyes balls bleeding.

I tried it and it said "No items matched your search"

edited December 1969

ROFLOL :- P