[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    edited July 2018
    AllenArt said:

Pull this off and you have a guaranteed sale here ;). I get so weary doing it by hand. LOL. I got a ton of clothes to go thru, male and female. Haven't made even much of a small dent yet.

Laurie

Thanks smiley  Before, I was completely uninterested in doing the conversions by hand.  Now that I have all the G3F clothes converted though, I am loving it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I'm so glad @Sickleyield convinced you to do this! I can't wait for the males (and hopefully Daz will add some Core men that really excite me).

xyer0 said:

I'm so glad @Sickleyield convinced you to do this! I can't wait for the males (and hopefully Daz will add some Core men that really excite me).

Yeah, I am happy that she convinced me as well, though this first one has been a PITA smiley.  Hopefully I will iron out all the problems in this release, and the follow-ons will be straightforward.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I can't wait for the male version. Don't have any use for the female version, but will certainly buy the male version when it is released.

I can't wait for the male version. Don't have any use for the female version, but will certainly buy the male version when it is released.

I will try and put the male version out as soon as possible after the female release.  But I want all the issues ironed out with this release first.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Sorry to hear about the extra troubles, but I'm certain it will be worth it commercially.

Tell me this, RiverSoftArt: What about my Genesis 3 Female library that I bought from Renderosity and keep in a folder separate from MyDaz3dLibrary? Do I have to convert those items singularly?

xyer0 said:

Sorry to hear about the extra troubles, but I'm certain it will be worth it commercially.

Tell me this, RiverSoftArt: What about my Genesis 3 Female library that I bought from Renderosity and keep in a folder separate from MyDaz3dLibrary? Do I have to convert those items singularly?

Unfortunately yes.  The Clothing Converter script relies on the Daz Studio's CMS (Content Management System).  If the CMS has no metadata on an item, which is true for Renderosity items, it is skipped.

• I hate to ask, and I will completely understand if the answer is negative, but would it be too much work to add a "selected files" option to the script just for these cases? Or if we categorize the items will the script pick them up?

Uthgard said:

I hate to ask, and I will completely understand if the answer is negative, but would it be too much work to add a "selected files" option to the script just for these cases? Or if we categorize the items will the script pick them up?

I am not sure what you mean by a "add a selected files" option.  There is already Add Files and Add Directory.  However, if the CMS doesn't report a file's Content Type as "/Follower/Wardrobe" it is not added to the list of files it will attempt to convert. 

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited July 2018

What I meant is that if someone has, for instance, a Renderosity product that has no metadata, whether the script would allow the user an option to select the file and force a conversion (going by your previous answers, I thought it couldn't and was asking how much trouble it would be to implement the option). I admit I don't know enough about how Daz manages content types to know if that is even something good or if it is preferable to manually add the metadata before conversions (nor do I know how much of a chore that is or even how much beyond properly categorizing an item is required).

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

Stupid question, Will this only convert stuff already downloaded via DIM?  or can it work on something just downloaded via Connect?  or will it download stuff via connect to be converted?  What if I wanted to convert for example Everyday for Genesis-3-female-s and find out that I did not download it yet via DIM? Do I need to download it via DIM first then convert or can it be converted after downloading via Connect?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

On another note, I would like to see more clothing converters, like Genesis 1 to Genesis 2/3/8 or Genesis 2 to Genesis 1/3/8 or Genesis 3 to Geneis 1/2 or other combination of Genesis x to Genesis X.  Would this technology convert non-Genesis figures to Genesis or vise a versa?

Stupid question, Will this only convert stuff already downloaded via DIM?  or can it work on something just downloaded via Connect?  or will it download stuff via connect to be converted?  What if I wanted to convert for example Everyday for Genesis-3-female-s and find out that I did not download it yet via DIM? Do I need to download it via DIM first then convert or can it be converted after downloading via Connect?

It will not download anything.  It doesn't matter how it is downloaded, just that the CMS has metadata for it.

Uthgard said:

What I meant is that if someone has, for instance, a Renderosity product that has no metadata, whether the script would allow the user an option to select the file and force a conversion (going by your previous answers, I thought it couldn't and was asking how much trouble it would be to implement the option). I admit I don't know enough about how Daz manages content types to know if that is even something good or if it is preferable to manually add the metadata before conversions (nor do I know how much of a chore that is or even how much beyond properly categorizing an item is required).

No, the script will not allow you to force conversions.  I had a lot of trouble with crashing Daz Studio hard when I forced it.

On another note, I would like to see more clothing converters, like Genesis 1 to Genesis 2/3/8 or Genesis 2 to Genesis 1/3/8 or Genesis 3 to Geneis 1/2 or other combination of Genesis x to Genesis X.  Would this technology convert non-Genesis figures to Genesis or vise a versa?

Unfortunately, no.  I would love to convert other generations but this is only between G3 and G8.

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65
    edited July 2018

This is sooooo great! When the G3 - G8 pose converters came out it was a huge ease on my brain power. I manually sort clothing by genre/theme but my G3 and G8 are seperate for compatability reasons. Now with this, the 25% of my brain that holds onto G3 Clothing locations will finally be free for other things!!! laugh

Make that one for Hair items and I'll finally have room for French. cheeky

Post edited by Risk3D on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I'm following this avidly ... waiting for the day it will be released smiley

This is sooooo great! When the G3 - G8 pose converters came out it was a huge ease on my brain power. I manually sort clothing by genre/theme but my G3 and G8 are seperate for compatability reasons. Now with this, the 25% of my brain that holds onto G3 Clothing locations will finally be free for other things!!! laugh

Make that one for Hair items and I'll finally have room for French. cheeky

Merci smiley  

Sorry it is taking so long. I hope to clear everything up by Monday and get it back into testing.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Sorry it is taking so long. I hope to clear everything up by Monday and get it back into testing.

Your stuff is worth waiting for no worries!  I would rather wait and have it perform the way you want it too. (and honestly, it will give me a bit more time to save up my pennies lol)

Your stuff is worth waiting for no worries!  I would rather wait and have it perform the way you want it too. (and honestly, it will give me a bit more time to save up my pennies lol)

Thanks.  I always appreciate your support.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

That is so awesome like the rest of your stuff.
    Would love to see G8 to G3 as well as I barley really use G8.

That is so awesome like the rest of your stuff.
    Would love to see G8 to G3 as well as I barley really use G8.

Thank you!  Once this one goes out, I would expect to see the opposite direction 1-1.5 months afterwards.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Automatically convert your entire wardrobe with one operation!

Does it remember what it's done already? Say I convert everything. Then I buy a few more items. Will it convert those new items only, without me having to select them manually?

Ati said:

Does it remember what it's done already? Say I convert everything. Then I buy a few more items. Will it convert those new items only, without me having to select them manually?

No, it doesn't.  However, you can tell it to skip files if they exist (i.e., don't convert things you have already converted)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Ati said:

No, it doesn't.  However, you can tell it to skip files if they exist (i.e., don't convert things you have already converted)

That sounds like it achieves the same thing. Great! :) Thanks!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yes, please! Love your scripts, RiverSoft. I use them a lot. They make my work flow in DAZ so much better. Thank you for creating such wonderful, useful tools!

• I will throw every bit of money I have at you when this finally hits the store. Hell yeah!

Llynara said:

Yes, please! Love your scripts, RiverSoft. I use them a lot. They make my work flow in DAZ so much better. Thank you for creating such wonderful, useful tools!

You are welcome!  Hopefully, I can get this one in your hands soon.

Shoxremi said:

I will throw every bit of money I have at you when this finally hits the store. Hell yeah!

LOL.  Thanks.  Please throw bills; coins would hurt smiley