Is there a market for some toony hair?

XadeXade Posts: 236
edited July 2018 in The Commons

I'm working on my webcomic and I decided to make toon hair instead of regular. None of the hair I have remotely matches what is in my mind. Anyhow, I came up with a really neat way to make hair and texture it so I was wondering if I should release hair similar, not exact, to this, with scrunchies and stuff of course. I can also make toon style braids. I'm uncertain that I can rig it properly but I was just wondering if there is still a market for toon hair. Modeling this is Genesis 1. Making them for the other genesis characters should be easy once I master it for g1. Note, my characters are anthromorphic, which means they don't have human ears. The market versions would include spaces for ears.

Hmm for some reason the front doesnt want to load here. Ah well you can click to see more

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Moved to the Commons as it is not a product suggestion.

• XadeXade Posts: 236
    Chohole said:

Moved to the Commons as it is not a product suggestion.

wops, sorry about that

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I like it!

I like it!

Thanks! of course, the first wouldn't be exactly like that but similar, maybe different bangs and ponytail.

I just need to figure out how to rig it and have it correctly autofollow the genesis shapes.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

With the popularity of characters like Sakura 8, Girl 8, Star 2.0, and other toon type characters there probably is a bit of a market for toon type hair.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I think it would depend on how it looked on toony style figures. People who will buy this will want to use it with the existing figure lineup so I'd make sure to model it for them.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,899

Look nice... But that crazy strand coming from behind and covering the ear is a bit... strange!surprise

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

There is a market; is it big enough? Only one way to find out for sure.

edited July 2018
    Imago said:

Look nice... But that crazy strand coming from behind and covering the ear is a bit... strange!surprise

That is because my characters don't have ears, being anthropomorphic, as I said here

Note, my characters are anthromorphic, which means they don't have human ears. The market versions would include spaces for ears.

This is the newest example I have online about Alex and no ears. I like the Venom hair, don't get me wrong but it just isn't the character https://www.deviantart.com/insanexade/art/Alex-g1-742103552 The Daz version would have that point tucked into the skull to make room for the ears, yet also have a morph for no ears.

Post edited by Xade on
  • Trash PandaTrash Panda Posts: 111

Yea I would be interested in anime styled hair as there is a lack of product atm. 

Done! once I master how to import it into Daz with all the bells and whistles I'll create hair for all the Genesis models, because I use Genesis 1 and I don't want the others to feel left out.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528

I get asked a lot to remake the toon hair for my Lolo Hai chibi figure for Genesis so I'd have to think there's a pretty good demand for toon hair.

I get asked a lot to remake the toon hair for my Lolo Hai chibi figure for Genesis so I'd have to think there's a pretty good demand for toon hair.

I'll keep that in mind. I got an awesome idea. Modular hair! Each part of the hair is separate, allowing the user to mix and match as desired. Don't like a high ponytail? It will come with a bun and braid. Like the bangs from one of my hair and not the other? Or do you need to have the same bangs for the character but want her hair down? Just swap them out, they'll all fit together.

Not only will that allow the user to customize their Xade Hair experience, but it will make rigging the hair much easier, I will only need to rig the ponytail/braid and each half of the bangs.

Is rigged hair still in or is it all dforce now? My hair should be good with dforce, I'll have to test it out

By the way, I had a slight idea of having a non-rendering ball to use as an ERC controller for each part of the hair for easy selection and dial spinning.

Tell me what you think!