Looking to license renders for ebook covers

I checked the TOS, but if this post isn't kosher, feel free to smack me down!

I was wondering if there's a convenient way to find artists willing to license their renders?  I do cover design for an ebook publication company that mostly publishes for Kindle, mostly in the SciFi Erotica genre.  I'm looking to license images for upcoming covers and the stuff here is just what I'm looking for.  We're just looking for licensing rights to use on our covers; you would retain copyright.  Apart from a licensing fee, we can either provide an image credit with a link inside the book or not, depending on the artist's preference.

If you're interested, just drop me a message and I'll go through your images to see which ones might fit some of our upcoming projects.  If we really fall in love with an artist, we'll probably be looking for higher-paid commissions as well for specific needs.  As for now, though, we're just looking to pay some artists for stuff they already have in their portfolio!

Thanks!

Editor
AVP Publishing

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am not sure how that would even work @AVPPublishing someone more seasoned then I am coudl probly answer your question.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I was wondering if there's a convenient way to find artists willing to license their renders?  I do cover design for an ebook publication company that mostly publishes for Kindle, mostly in the SciFi Erotica genre.  I'm looking to license images for upcoming covers and the stuff here is just what I'm looking for.  We're just looking for licensing rights to use on our covers; you would retain copyright.  Apart from a licensing fee, we can either provide an image credit with a link inside the book or not, depending on the artist's preference.

If you're interested, just drop me a message and I'll go through your images to see which ones might fit some of our upcoming projects.  If we really fall in love with an artist, we'll probably be looking for higher-paid commissions as well for specific needs.  As for now, though, we're just looking to pay some artists for stuff they already have in their portfolio!

Thanks!

Editor
    AVP Publishing

Unfortunately I do mostly fantasy.  I would think though that any deal you would want to work out with someone here would be fine as long as the two of you agree to terms.  Our finished art belongs to us and many of us do book covers or sell our art other places so I don't see that it would be much of an issue as far as that goes.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

They seem to have lost interest or already found someone, I had some messaging going but then it stopped without further notice

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349

Thanks!

Editor
    AVP Publishing

Best bet would be to look through the Daz Gallery and get a feel for what you are looking for and then contact them personally and discuss details and contracts.