Make Art Button?

TheOwlTheOwl Posts: 29
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Is there like a way to make a randomized forest scene in Bryce that will load a variety of trees, grass, land mass etc?

Then after that I will just move a few trees here and there to make it look better?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited July 2013

I am not a Bryce user, the thread title just caught my eye
    but
    in Carrara we call that a Howie Farkes scene
    I am pretty certain Horro and David Brinnen have simillar premade Bryce scenes you can just load and tweak.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2013

TheOwl said:
    Is there like a way to make a randomized forest scene in Bryce that will load a variety of trees, grass, land mass etc?
    No there isn't.

You'd have to create your own terrain and then populate it yourself. You can however (with a bit practice and no doubt many crashes) use the Instance lab to speed up the process of creating the trees and grass, but it's not like the Vue environment thingy... Bryce is a bit more 'hands on'

Then after that I will just move a few trees here and there to make it look better?

As Wendy suggests, there are free pre-made Bryce scenes. I'm not sure that Horo or David have made any, but if you do a search on ShareCG, there are quite a lot of forest ones.
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I never said free
    but if there are, go for it, I might look too and actually use Bryce!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I never said free
    but if there are, go for it, I might look too and actually use Bryce!

Yes sorry Wendy, my post was confusing... I don't think David or Horo have produced any forest scenes either free or to purchase. :+)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

No, no forests. Skies and landscapes and Sci-Fi only. HDRIs for nice backdrop in forests. There are some tutorials on my website (see sig). Best for forest would be How to model good looking trees and eco-systems by Rashad and myself.