Error Message- What does this mean?

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Error Message:
The uploaded file exceeds the maximum allowed size in your PHP configuration file.

Doesnt make sense. The image is the same size in dimensions and file size. Won't let me upload to forum. Let's me do one, then I get this. Or lets me do a couple, then I get this. Nothing is different about the photos- nothing. Just a different view of a scene, I save it. Is this a stupid forum glitch?

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

It's not letting me do an 1800 x 1600 but will take a 1600 x 1333. Its only 96 dpi and the file size is LOW.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

As the only image attached to the post? There's a cumulative limit, if not.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited July 2013

Also, it isn't related to the size of the image in terms of resolution but the file size. For the uploading of forum images and such, it is limited to 16MB I believe, so you'll want to make sure that the uploading files are a total of less than that per upload. It might actually be smaller for the forums... as the file size setting is different for here than the store.

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Novica did you try using the back button and sending again

edited December 1969

That's why I'm wondering what the deal is- these are all the exact same file size. Sometimes it takes them, other times not. Doesn't seem to matter if it's the first picture being loaded, or the second, or the third. No more than three pictures at a time, but sometimes it's doing it when it's the only picture (so I had ruled out file size.)

They are 1.59MB

edited December 1969

What I was mentioning is that these aren't huge file sizes- not done in 300 dpi, I was keeping them to 96dpi so the file size wouldn't be a problem. Apparently the forum just doesn't like me- sporadically. Nothing makes sense. I have some 2000 x 2000 images that are higher file sizes if I recall- and no problem. Then suddenly these are, the past week or two. And off and on. No logic.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Novica did you try using the back button and sending again

Yes *smile* unfortunately, no go. Also logged out, logged in, came back to the forum after clearing cache, no go.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Try it again and post on here how it goes. I remembered that we moved the forums to a different server just before the V6 release due to hardware issues with the previous server and it had different settings on size limits for uploads. I just updated that servers configuration so it matches the caps of the store servers.

edited December 1969

I will do that and let you know.

edited December 1969

It worked. Here's the details:

Had 1632kb and 1852kb already loaded. Said I had 6515 kb left. I uploaded 2.24mb no problem.