Multi-Pass feature keeps crashing

scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
edited July 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Carrara 8.5 Pro Build 204
Mac OS 10.8.4

Multi-Pass Problem

Under Output tab, in Multi-Pass section, I select "Image" heading that selects all the Image elements such as Background, Ambient etc.
Then I want to select individual elements to delete. When I press Command key and click on elements Carrara freezes.
I restarted again and tried but same problem.
After 7 restarts I thought i'll post the problem and see if this is happening to fellow Carrara users.

Post edited by scottidog2 on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Can you select individual multi-pass options such as depth, etc. etc. rather than selecting them all and then removing them?

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

Hi evilproducer.

Yes I can select individual options and then click add. But using the command key after that to select any options I want to remove from the list (options that I realized I don't need) freezes Carrara.
    So I have to be careful in the first place to only select the options I really need in my render.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

I can reproduce this as well. While you can avoid it, it shouldn't cause Carrara to crash.

I logged it in the bug tracker:
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=50659
    0050659: Multi-Pass Command-Click crash

• scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

Thanks de3an for your support. Hope Daz fixes this for next release.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

That's a sucky bug. I agree it shouldn't do that. I was merely trying to get more info. I don't use any version of 8, and I couldn't find an option in C7.2 Pro to add all the multi-pass options at one time. Is the ability to do that in 8.1 or was it added only to the 8.5 beta?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    I can reproduce this as well. While you can avoid it, it shouldn't cause Carrara to crash.

I logged it in the bug tracker:
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=50659
    0050659: Multi-Pass Command-Click crash

Thank you. There seems to be something 'not right' going on in here... and I really hope they can nail it down. This is a critical time for me to have to be so "away" from Carrara. I want to be in the thick of things - but I'm just too sore to be on my computer. I was having a crash when trying to run from the Batch Queue - but perhaps that was the file(s) I was trying at the time(?) because everything I make within 204 Batch Queue's just fine for me now.

I was using Zone Alarm AntiV and Firewall. As long as I have, I've been meaning to switch from it - since they run a spam-like pop-up every day trying to get me to upgrade. Finally, they've crossed the final line by forcing my home page and search engine to change without choice - during the last mandatory update - so I went shopping and found Comodo, which is free, highly rated, has a firewall and many nice features. Maybe this will help relieve me of some of the headaches I've been having - because often my quirky Carrara experiences were followed by some sort of message from ZA. Fingers crossed.