Problem with Optitex downloads

XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Anyone else having difficulty downloading products from Optitex? Optitex products sold on DAZ install ok (eg Century Nightgown and Dynamic Clothing Controls) and in the past I have downloaded successfully their freebee Flared Dress and My Boy Friend's Sweater. However, the other day I tried to download a couple of Freebee Sports Bra and Tank Dress I could not get DAZ to recognize these products even tho I put the files in the identical places that I placed the Flared Dress and My Boy Friends Sweater. (see below for more precise info about where those files are.) I thought maybe the problem was because it was a freebee I was downloading, so I purchased one of Optitex's Bettie Page products, but again DAZ 4.6 cannot locate the product. I tried to contact Optitex with this problem but they did not respond.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with DAZ's new Installer.(?)

The files for all of their products that I got directly from Optitex are all found in a CONTENT FOLDER. When I open that I find three more folders: DATA, PEOPLE, RUNTIME. The DATA folder: DATA/3.0/FLARED DRESS (or Tank Dress, or PantBettie, etc). The PEOPLE Folder is
PEOPLE/VICTORIA 4/DYNAMIC CLOTHING/ FLARED DRESS (or TANK DRERSS, etc.) and the RUNTIME Folder only has TEXTURE FILES:
RUNTIME/TEXTURES/OPTI 123/FLARED DRESS (or Tank Dress, etc.)

The only other files were a couple of jpgs (eg sportsbra.jpg and sportsbraV4.jpg. (Each procduct came with a couple of similar jpeg files and some with a "db" file but these files were outside of the CONTENT FOLDER. If these files need to be placed somewhere inside of the MY LIBRARY folder, I don't know where that would be.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It's apparently (according to DAZ) a problem with the .daz scene file format in any D|S4 version. See my bug report here and try to make sense of the replies from DAZ. If you add your tuppenceworth (and anyone else who wants to pile on) maybe we'll get an answer that'll actually help. Any answer at all would be nice, I think I'm being ignored there.

FWIW, I have sometimes managed to rescue a scene by loading it into D|S3 — which I still use — and re-loading the Poser figure/prop that's glitching. Of course, this is no help at all with stuff that has no Poser version, like the dynamics...

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

I have the products you speak of, and my DAZ (v4.6) has no problem with them. They are visible in the correct folders (DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Victoria 4 > Dynamic Clothing), they are in .daz file format and they load correctly.

One thing I have noticed about the Sports Bra download is that it is structured differently from most of the other downloads in that it does not contain a content.zip within the downloaded zip, just the content folder. So you have to copy the three folders within that (data, People and runtime) into your Studio "My Library" folder, but not the content folder itself.

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cayman. There is something amiss with my DAZ 4.6 I think. For instance the only way I can get to DAZ Formats/My Library/People/Victoria 4/ Dynamic Clothing folder is first to go to the PRODUCTS list and type the letter "C" for CENTURY GOWN. That will display thumbnails of the gown. If I right click on the thumbnail I can goto the Smart Content Page. There I can right click and goto SHOW IN CONTENT LIBRARY, which finally will take me to the DYNAMIC CLOTHING FOLDER. With the FLARED DRESS I can't even do that. I need to type in FLARED DRESS in the SEARCH window and it will bring up the thumbnail of the dress and I can load it into my scene but DAZ will not let me access its folder location in the CONTENT LIBRARY. And for Sports Bra and Bettie Page I get nothing at all either in the Products list or when I type in their names in the Search window.

Anyway, here is the thing. If I goto the CONTENT LIBRARY and type in Daz Formats/My Daz Library/....I do not get an option for PEOPLE. (I gert Cameras and Figures and Hands and among others Poses and finally Props but I do NOT get PEOPLE (followed) by Victoria 4/Dynamic Clothing! This is the case on my iMac at home and my PC at my Studio. Weird and frustrating.

Speaking of weird. I love your blinking icon.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Your folder structure sounds like its all wrong. Where is your Genesis situated, for example? That is usually in the 'People' folder. If I were you I'd delete the whole lot, then re-install everything using DIM. Your call, of course, but you gotta know where your stuff is!

Thanks for your comment about my icon. I wanted to do something that wasn't distracting but would have some point of additional interest. The key is the gap between the blinks: "Did I see that damn thing just blink?"

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Anyway, here is the thing. If I goto the CONTENT LIBRARY and type in Daz Formats/My Daz Library/....I do not get an option for PEOPLE. (I gert Cameras and Figures and Hands and among others Poses and finally Props but I do NOT get PEOPLE (followed) by Victoria 4/Dynamic Clothing! This is the case on my iMac at home and my PC at my Studio. Weird and frustrating.

I don't think you mean 'type in' in the Content Library do you? Do you mean that you follow the menu choices from DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ Library > and then you see the folders for Cameras/Figures/Hands etc? That is all Poser Format stuff you are looking at, and not DAZ Studio format.

Can you please post a screenshot of your expanded Content Directory Manager, by going to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager. There is definitely something wrong if Poser folders are showing up under DAZ Studio Formats.

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Good suggestions. I had placed the Optitex files in my old Poser Library, where The Flared Dress resides and works when I locate it via the Search Window. I just now replaced all my Optites Files into My DAZ 3D Library folder and now all is well. Thanks for the advice and comments.