shape lights

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

The C8 shape lights
I have only rarely used them but was wondering which is the lit side or if both sides are lit, how do you block light from that side
(sticking an object behind does not appear to work)

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

Might be better just to use a mesh and anything glows for more control? Not sure about the answer to your question sorry - rendering at moment so can't check.

edited December 1969

oh I just checked, I put a mesh cone around a ring light and cut out the bottom of the cone and snuggled the light into t he cone
    the cone blocks the light as long as the width and height parameters of the shape light are within the cone's dimensions

is that what you mean?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 1969

I would have thought so but using retangular shape lights in those video game objects in Carrara's browser for the screens they kept sending light through the object onto the back wall no matter what I tried.

edited December 1969

maybe you could change them into meshes instead of splines and see what happens/
    I know Carrara has/had light leaks around some planes abutted perpendicularly when I first started using it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 1969

it could well be something to do with the models themselves.
    I know most the figures I had to re-uv map to take textures and likewise the screens of those games needed to be converted to vertex objects.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

I always add thickness to object a hold over from previous vers of carrara to stop lite leak