General Freebie Requests

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Set X-Scale to -100%. Export as OBJ and re-import to re-rig if needed, but it shouldn't be necessary.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Set X-Scale to -100%. Export as OBJ and re-import to re-rig if needed, but it shouldn't be necessary.

The problem is that, for this item, there IS no X, Y, or Z-scale for the whole thing. There's just scale for various body parts linked to the sash (collar, chest, abdomen, hip, etc.)

I think I'm going to really have to renew my request for someone to make me a proper V4 conforming shoulder-to-waist sash that's draped over the right shoulder to left hip. If I can't re-rig this item to drape it the way I want it to, and if I can't get it to fit properly (you saw in the picture that parts of the bow and tie are hidden by the V4; I can't re-scale or bend the sash to get that part to come out properly without making the rest of the sash look weird, and in the back there's pokethrough at the left shoulder that I can't fix without deforming the rest of the sash), then I'm afraid this conversion isn't much use to me.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:

The problem is that, for this item, there IS no X, Y, or Z-scale for the whole thing. There's just scale for various body parts linked to the sash (collar, chest, abdomen, hip, etc.)

I think I'm going to really have to renew my request for someone to make me a proper V4 conforming shoulder-to-waist sash that's draped over the right shoulder to left hip. If I can't re-rig this item to drape it the way I want it to, and if I can't get it to fit properly (you saw in the picture that parts of the bow and tie are hidden by the V4; I can't re-scale or bend the sash to get that part to come out properly without making the rest of the sash look weird, and in the back there's pokethrough at the left shoulder that I can't fix without deforming the rest of the sash), then I'm afraid this conversion isn't much use to me.

Did you see Takeo.Kensei's link?
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_7.htm

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    joea64 said:

Did you see Takeo.Kensei's link?
    http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_7.htm

Actually (looking embarrassed), I hadn't. I'll try that and see if it works for my purposes.

edited July 2013

I'm afraid the MissDigitalCreations sash won't work for my purposes, either. :(

You see, that item is a prop, not a conforming clothing item, which is what I really need. Being a prop, the MissDC sash has only translation, rotation and scale morphs, not specific morphs to conform it to any body part. As you can see from the attached test renders, it looks pretty bad on my test V4 figure with gown - and yes, I did try tweaking X, Y and Z angles and scale. (I also applied a shader in place of the default texture.) Also, this prop doesn't have a bow, tie or tail, which are details that I really would like to have. The side view shows the problem most clearly; this prop sash simply does not fit properly or conform properly at all to the figure.

So, I hate to say this again, but I really do want somebody to try to create a conforming V4 sash (clothing item, not prop) that looks like the Fairytale Prince for M4 sash or the Pageant Gear sash. I've given those existing free sash props a go and neither of them meets my needs and I really do need a decent shoulder sash for my V4 figures. Please help!!

Sash_MissDigitalCreations_Test_Render_Side_View_070513_.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 102K
    Sash_MissDigitalCreations_Test_Render_Rear_View_070513_.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 122K
    Sash_MissDigitalCreations_Test_Render_Front_View_070513_.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 122K
    Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is a dynamic prop. Needs you to run a drape on it, but that is a question which should be answered in a specific thread on the subject.

Maybe come over and ask it in the New Users Help forum, someone there can help you through running a drape animation if you don't known how. New Users Forum

edited July 2013

chohole said:
    It is a dynamic prop. Needs you to run a drape on it, but that is a question which should be answered in a specific thread on the subject.

Maybe come over and ask it in the New Users Help forum, someone there can help you through running a drape animation if you don't known how. New Users Forum

As we've just found out, that prop is Poser-only as far as its dynamic properties go. So I'm back to square one, and I still need a conforming shoulder sash for V4 in the style of the Pageant Gear item that drapes over the right shoulder to left hip. I REALLY need this - I cannot do the kind of artwork I want to do without this item; it's a literal showstopper for me.

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    chohole said:

As we've just found out, that prop is Poser-only as far as its dynamic properties go. So I'm back to square one, and I still need a conforming shoulder sash for V4 in the style of the Pageant Gear item that drapes over the right shoulder to left hip. I REALLY need this - I cannot do the kind of artwork I want to do without this item; it's a literal showstopper for me.

joe, go back to the newbie thread I have given you something to do.

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I'm needing to find a good skin for an Indian (as in India). Needing it for some fanart. A free turban would be great as well. (Though I do have a turban on my wishlist but it is a bit expensive at the moment) Here is a reference pic for what I am doing. Thanks in advance!

The closest free texture I know of to your request - and, while it's close, it isn't quite what you want - is Paola for V4:
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/skin-textures.html

But you may be able to use her anyway...

Thanks! We'll see what I can do with it.

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    Back at the beginning of February, I asked around to see if there were a free V4 shoulder-to-waist sash available. One of the replies I got pointed me to this one by Nerd3D:

Get Miss digital creation here

I'm needing to find a good skin for an Indian (as in India). Needing it for some fanart. A free turban would be great as well. (Though I do have a turban on my wishlist but it is a bit expensive at the moment) Here is a reference pic for what I am doing. Thanks in advance!

Turban here

Wow! How did I miss this? tyvm!

• Tiger Lee ArtsTiger Lee Arts Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

I am looking for a cyber or robot dragon. please help free or other wise but I don't want the ones daz has for sale not the right look gor me. want more like some living parts and some cyber or robot parts please thanks for your help.

• edited December 1969

Hi again! I'm just wondering if there are any guides or free things out there to make a horizon for scenes. I do have a horizon from the Sandy Beach scene pack, but I was just wondering if there's one that's a sphere rather than a plane. I want to make a tower stretch high into the sky to where it slightly turns blue.

Also, I'm still on Victoria 4 and using Daz3d version 3. The newer version's interface was way too foreign for me to get used to it (plus I didn't have much patience for it). I'm just wondering if Victoria 6 can work on this much older version of daz at all. is it even worth it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hi again! I'm just wondering if there are any guides or free things out there to make a horizon for scenes. I do have a horizon from the Sandy Beach scene pack, but I was just wondering if there's one that's a sphere rather than a plane. I want to make a tower stretch high into the sky to where it slightly turns blue.

Also, I'm still on Victoria 4 and using Daz3d version 3. The newer version's interface was way too foreign for me to get used to it (plus I didn't have much patience for it). I'm just wondering if Victoria 6 can work on this much older version of daz at all. is it even worth it?

No, V6 requires weight-mapping, it won't work in DS3.

edited December 1969

glaseye has a sky dome system for DAZ Studio. It was developed on Studio 3 so should work for you.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/45996/View/11/Poser/SkyDome

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited July 2013

I am looking for the following things: (sorry if I mentioned them before)
    I can take them in Daz or Poser formats, or as Wavefront obj, 3DS, FBX, Collada/DAE, Blender, Wings3D, Truespace, or LWO/Lightwave files.

1. Certain Chinese weapons (I've included their Pinyin names for Chinese users, in the possibility that they might have a better idea of where to find these)
    --Liuyedao ( 柳葉刀 or willow-leaf sabre/sword)
    --Guan Dao/ Kwan Dao/ Kuan Tao ( 關刀 )
    --Podao/ Pudao ( 朴刀 )
    --Chinese spears (not going to bother with the Chinese words/characters for this)

The following vegetation and food:
    --Ginger root
    --a durian
    --lychees
    --a blueberry (food-- singular)
    --foxtail millet plant

--ANYTHING Mongolian BESIDES Yurts and "Mongolian BBQ"

Also looking for roadkill >_> Specifically, roadkill with tire flattening in the middle.

Post edited by IceEmpress on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Looking for a '60's female hairstyle similar to the image below if anyone knows of one. Ive seen a few with bangs/fringe, I cant use those unless I can remove them. thanks.

Screen_shot_2013-07-11_at_10.53_.14_AM_.png
    444 x 428 - 204K
  • EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

Looking for a '60's female hairstyle similar to the image below if anyone knows of one. Ive seen a few with bangs/fringe, I cant use those unless I can remove them. thanks.

Will this work?
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/50661/gallery/11/Poser/Nancy-Hedford-Hair

edited December 1969

Will this work?
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62968
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/47221/browse/11/Poser/Expansion-for-the-Free-Sylwester-Hair
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

@ Ewokzombie and Dollygirl

thanks! I'll try them out tonight!

• edited December 1969

I'm looking for suits for V4 and M4. That is Shirt, tie and jacket, with a Pair of trousers. Would a Picture of the Blues Brothers help at all?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited July 2013

Well, I found some interesting freebie traditional Japanese attire that will hopefully fill my needs. I'm not sure because it's primarily for M3, and Poser Dynamic clothing, and I'll need to convert it to Genesis Conforming clothing. The garment in particular is the fifth one down on this page, though there are some other nice traditional Japanese outfits there as well, including women's Kimonos, all of which I'll need to convert, somehow. IF anyone has a better suggestion, I'd love to know about it. Even if these do work, I still need a proper kataginu.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for skin textures for M4 to use in DS 4.0
    I've tried searching ShareCG but kept getting morphs, not textures. Same with Renderosity. Obviously I'm not using the right criteria?
    I looked on here at a list of M4 freebies, but again, mostly takes me to morphs (usually requiring morphs ++ and so on that I don't have).

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

You'd be guessing correctly, I didn't think to look in the Poser section. Doh!
    Thanks for the heads up and the links.

• tomhbwctomhbwc Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone, I asked a couple of weeks ago if someone could find or make for me a head morph and face texture of actress Allison Scagliotti (She plays Claudia on Syfy's Warehouse 13), as well as a hairstyle based on hers during seasons 1-3 of said show. Unfortunately, I think my request got overlooked because others were helping out with a previous request. I hope someone will see this and respond, please.

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Is there a freebie (please cuz I can't pay for anything) Hand morphs for V4 to hide one of her fingers and giver her 4 fingers? 3 normal human fingers and thumb? I'm hoping to use it for a particularly neat character I'm working on

edited December 1969

LadySythe said:
    Is there a freebie (please cuz I can't pay for anything) Hand morphs for V4 to hide one of her fingers and giver her 4 fingers? 3 normal human fingers and thumb? I'm hoping to use it for a particularly neat character I'm working on

What you can do if you want a missing finger is to create a transparentcy map for the hand. The finger you want gone would be black where the other fingers would be white use a small cylinder to plug the end of the finger.

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited July 2013

Thats one of the first things I considered. But I dont want a chopped off finger look. Im doing a Gelfling from Dark Crystal...

EDIT: Found this. Im still searchng: http://dragonspace.com/wordpress/?p=239

OH! And looking for 4 toe morphs for V4. Just need that and I'll have a Gelfling :D

Post edited by Teloxi on
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a Daz/Poser-compatible model of an old-style air/fluid pump, the vertical kind that has a T-shaped handle at the top that you pump up and down to move the air or liquid through the hose? I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.columbusarchitecturalsalvage.com/maint/photos/7277.jpg

or these:

http://img0104.popscreencdn.com/157226328_vintage-hand-air-pump-lot-bicycle-automotive-truck-car-.jpg

Also, does anyone know where I can find a Daz/Poser-compatible model of a wheeled laundry hamper, the kind used to collect laundry in hotels and such? It'd be a nice companion piece to the new i13 Clean set. What I have in mind would look like this:

http://www.medical-supplies-equipment-company.com/files/media/images/Industrial-Laundry-Cart-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.