Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited July 2013

Carola O said:
    I just got word that danie’s store has been fixed

It haven't.. I have done a clear cache/history/browsing/etc. I HAD the item in my cart, with the discount price showing. Applied the coupon and was told my cart was empty.. and nothing showed in my cart either. I went back to the vendors page.. and it shows at 30% again
    It's working fine for me.

EDIT: Nope, not anymore. Broke again.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I just got word that danie’s store has been fixed

It haven't.. I have done a clear cache/history/browsing/etc. I HAD the item in my cart, with the discount price showing. Applied the coupon and was told my cart was empty.. and nothing showed in my cart either. I went back to the vendors page.. and it shows at 30% again

It's working fine for me.

EDIT: Nope, not anymore. Broke again.

it worked fine for me, up until I was about to pay for it.. I DO hope that my coupon will NOT claim it has been spent due to this mess now *worried*

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited July 2013

Carola O said:
    I hope they manage to get it to work before the sale is over.. cause as it is now.. its one price on the thumbnails, another price on the item page. And as for the discount it goes from 70% to 30% to 44% etc etc... I did also try to go to check out to see if it worked itself out, but it didn't.. they show up as full price there *sighs* if I could I Would buy the things I want and ask for a refund, but since I can't do that.. well, my only hope is to wish that they sort this out quickly *sad face*

This happened to me too. I had an item in the cart at 70% off, then it refreshed and went to 30% which is Plat club price since its a Daz item. Then I checked the items in various "stores" and they were different in each one: Daz Danie and Marfono's. Then they went to 44% and 83% for a bit. Then back to 30%.

I just logged back in now and its at baseline 30%.

These sales are really annoying. I give whoever is doing marketing there a "D".

Edit: now it shows 70% off in Danie's store only. But you can't add it to the cart from there. It only adds to the cart at full price. So still broken despite saying 70%

Post edited by Rifful on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2013

Greetings,

cjdean said:
    Sadly, as a web developer, I have to give the 'D' to the technology, not the marketing. The marketing makes perfect sense; it's the tech that is tripping it up. Some combination of caching, sale controls being unclear/overridden in bad ways, and the fact that there is nothing in their store which is NOT a DAZ O, all combines in a crumbly mess.

I got the one thing I wanted, which was the Secret Window, at something like 79% off.

Everything else from their store is optional to me, as it all has a pretty deep sense of sameness, but if I can get it for a decent deal I'll give it a try.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

The thing I am trying to buy this time is http://www.daz3d.com/dms-legends I do want a lot of things in heir store and will try to get it, but that is what I want most of all... however, now it's not only a matter about the discount needing to be there, I also are seriously worried that my monthly coupon might have been messed up because of this. As I did had the item in my cart, had presed applied coupon and than was told the cart was empty *worried half smile* And I need both the discount nad the ocupon to be able to buy this *hits head against wall*

Anyhow, I DO want to make things clear that I am not angry (even if I might sound that, though I hope I don't) I am however sad, very very tired as it's past midnight here, worried about the damn thunder that is causing mayhem outside. I hope this get fixed so I manage to get that item past the checkout *smiles lightly*

edited July 2013

And now the item works, but they claim my coupon isn't valid.. and thanks to that I simply can not buy the item... well, thanks for this Daz... while I am not angry and I Do understand that mistakes happen.. but I AM disapointed, very much so, as wel las sad.. but there's nothing I can do anymore.. so I simply give up. Cause since I can't buy the item without the coupon, I can not ask for a refund or anything like that...

I have wrote a ticket, but I must admit I don't hold much hope, they do need to do their work and I have no proof of my claim *sighs sadly*

Post edited by Carola O on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,755
    edited July 2013

I guess this qualifies as a flash sale, even though it's not showing up in the usual place. A bunch of items just got dumped into the Fast Grab section, all at 70% off, and the front page link says "Fast Grab Frenzy - Limited Time"

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    cjdean said:
    Sadly, as a web developer, I have to give the 'D' to the technology, not the marketing. The marketing makes perfect sense; it's the tech that is tripping it up. Some combination of caching, sale controls being unclear/overridden in bad ways, and the fact that there is nothing in their store which is NOT a DAZ O, all combines in a crumbly mess.

Normally I would agree with you, and I realize it's the technology that's partially at fault, but the reason the tech is tripping things up is because the sales are trying to be too 'tricksey' with conditions in most cases, and the store can't tell the difference between a 'tricksey' sale and straight up % off (not to mention the whole "limited time" wut, wut, thing).

I think it's probably because it's listed in different stores (ie. Danie, Marforno, and Daz) and whoever set the sale up in the store didn't take that into account. But, that's just speculation. I have no inside knowledge about how the store works.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    And now the item works, but they claim my coupon isn't valid.. and thanks to that I simply can not buy the item... well, thanks for this Daz... while I am not angry and I Do understand that mistakes happen.. but I AM disapointed, very much so, as wel las sad.. but there's nothing I can do anymore.. so I simply give up. Cause since I can't buy the item without the coupon, I can not ask for a refund or anything like that...

I have wrote a ticket, but I must admit I don't hold much hope, they do need to do their work and I have no proof of my claim *sighs sadly*

The power of "screen shots" ;-) Captures screen and date on your computer.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

sooo...even tho the "70% off Danie's store" banner is still rotating through the banners, her store is NOT 70% off? Cos they're certainly not showing at that discount.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

jakiblue said:
    sooo...even tho the "70% off Danie's store" banner is still rotating through the banners, her store is NOT 70% off? Cos they're certainly not showing at that discount.

Something's broken, it's been reported. The sale hasn't worked right at all since putting the banner into rotation.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

Something's broken, it's been reported. The sale hasn't worked right at all since putting the banner into rotation.

ah! thanks! i'm never sure with these flash sales - they all seem to happen when i'm sleeping at night so I can never tell if i've missed it or not. :D

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

ah! thanks! i'm never sure with these flash sales - they all seem to happen when i'm sleeping at night so I can never tell if i've missed it or not. :D

Haha nope. You haven't missed anything. =)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

"Limited Time" on this sale won't start until the sale actually works, hopefully. :D

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

"Limited Time" on this sale won't start until the sale actually works, hopefully. :D
    I've noticed that Limited Time around here is actually about 2-3 days.

edited December 1969

i thought "limited time" meant:

available now!
    no wait, not available anymore!
    hang on, it's back!
    ah...no, gone again.
    And it's back!

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

available now!
    hang on, it's back!
    ah...no, gone again.
    And it's back!

LOL

"Limited Time! Catch it while it works!"

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    jakiblue said:

available now!
    hang on, it's back!
    ah...no, gone again.
    And it's back!

LOL

"Limited Time! Catch it while it works!"
    I choose to look at this as a "Wheel of Fortune", spin (click) enough times and you might get lucky.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

So strange got one item on sale, went back to look,added a second item to cart, still on sale went to check the price and the sale is gone. All in less than 3 minutes. Color me confused.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

So strange got one item on sale, went back to look,added a second item to cart, still on sale went to check the price and the sale is gone. All in less than 3 minutes. Color me confused.

(checks through crayons) No "confused"...I got "burnt umber". Will that do? : )
    edited December 1969

I came back hours later and it actually looked like the sale was working. I put the item in the cart, and it wouldn't accept the monthly Plat Club coupon for some reason. (No, it's not a 1.99 or 2.99 item, and yes, it was a Daz item.) It read the correct price in the cart, but when I went to pay it suddenly changed to the non-discount price.

Now that's pretty scary: changing prices in the checkout.

When I went back to the page again, the discount was off again.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Definitely an odd one, and now seems to be gone entirely.

Now we've got a RawArt 60% sale which seems to not be quite active yet that I see.

edited December 1969

Now we've got a RawArt 60% sale which seems to not be quite active yet that I see.

Raw's is backwards. The store front doesn't show the sale, but the product pages and the cart do.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,755
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Raw's is backwards. The store front doesn't show the sale, but the product pages and the cart do.
    I noticed that the whole site seemed to go down just a few minutes ago, but it's up again now and the Raw Art sale seems to be working properly now.
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

I noticed that the whole site seemed to go down just a few minutes ago, but it's up again now and the Raw Art sale seems to be working properly now.
    The main site tends to have more hiccups and lag when they're uploading/adding in the new releases for the night.
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:

I Know it does.... but I was too damn tired and too damn sad to remember to take them. And yes I already know that was stupid, i even admitted that in the ticket I wrote

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Carola O said:

I Know it does.... but I was too damn tired and too damn sad to remember to take them. And yes I already know that was stupid, i even admitted that in the ticket I wrote

CS usually has a way to fix everything nicely ... and for those times when they can't ... everything normally goes on sale again another day. I tuck somethings into my wish list just to watch the prices fluctuate. Rawart's store is on sale atm. Finally got 'em ponies!

edited December 1969

Tried to get a few things from Raw's sale and the store seems to have gone to hell. The search function seems to result in a database error, and payments are erroring as well. Fun.

Hopefully the sale is still going when I wake up. >.<</p>

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I bought one item from RawArt just about 1 hour ago and all was OK, discount 60% applied, check-out without problem. I wonder what is happening with the store when it works OK one minute and next minute it doesn´t.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2013

Fastgrab is updating
    http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models?limit=60
    Muck for Genesis
    Wicked Red Carpet
    Taylor Hair
    Toxic Taylor
    Creaton Machine
    Meteor Car 1947
    Wicked Dance Fevah
    Wicked Dance Fevah Textures