A new Dalek!

edited December 1969 in Freebies

Pending in Renderosity Freestuff, a Special Weapons variant of my STLB series Daleks. Partly inspired by Mechmaster's Storm and the Dark Dimension Special Weapons Dalek but featuring movable cannons and a rotating shoulder section.

The model has not, sadly, been tested in D|S but you're welcome to give it a shot.

All being well, the model will be available for download within 24 hours.

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Wow...that thing must have some kind of recoil buffers! Looks really good.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

EXTERMINATE !!! EXTERMINATE !!!! EXTERMINATE !!!!!!

• icehawk_629b49c68bicehawk_629b49c68b Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

A superb Heavy Weapons Dalek! :coolsmile:

I can't wait to road test this little beauty! Oh, what to blow up first, so many choices...

A very generous freebie, thank you! :-)

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the new Dalek.

12-06-09_SWDalek.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 383K
  • edited December 1969

You're all very welcome and thank you for the kind comments.

Al - that was fast work and a superb pic, too!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Thanks for the new Dalek.

awesome work :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the Dalek, lovely work!

• edited December 1969

That, I have to say, is freaking awesome. Downloaded it, but not yet got to play with it. But, I will very soon.

Heck, your models are way more fun than the Character Options toys, and they're better articulated, too. Also, to top all that, you don't put out crappy pegwarmer figures of tertiary characters that nobody wants... (oooh, sly dig at Character Options toys.)

edited December 1969

Just loaded it into DS4P, and no luck i'm afraid :(

dazDalek.png
    801 x 481 - 71K
  • edited December 1969

@ LorrdIffy - thanks for the kind words. I try my best to make the models as accurate - but idealized, so no bent panels or buckled collars - and user friendly as possible. It's always encouraging they're appreciated.

@Ianzthingz - I honestly don't know what's going on there. I'm not able to test in D|S.

edited June 2012

@ LorrdIffy - thanks for the kind words. I try my best to make the models as accurate - but idealized, so no bent panels or buckled collars - and user friendly as possible. It's always encouraging they're appreciated.

@Ianzthingz - I honestly don't know what's going on there. I'm not able to test in D|S.

oops, silly me, that piece came from the props folder, it's all there when i go to figures :red:

and renders beautifully in DS4 :-)

dalek.png
    800 x 640 - 737K
    Post edited by IanTP on
  • edited December 1969

Yep, you and a lot of people. I have one in the making but I keep getting sidetracked into other things. I'll have to get it finished, along with the last of the NSD variants. After that, I guess I'll have to make one of those New Paradigm things, even though I really don't like 'em.

edited December 1969

Yep, you and a lot of people. I have one in the making but I keep getting sidetracked into other things. I'll have to get it finished, along with the last of the NSD variants. After that, I guess I'll have to make one of those New Paradigm things, even though I really don't like 'em.

NSD variants?

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

NSD=New Series Dalek.
    The golden ones from 9th & 10th Doctor series - not the Matt Smith Teletubby variants.

edited June 2012

ah, i was confused, i thought they would have come under the classic series with Remembernce of the Daleks being a McCoy story? Though i will admit to not really understanding it even tho i've been watching since Jon Pertwee ;)

Post edited by IanTP on
  • edited December 1969

Of the NSDs, so far I've made the "Standard" NSD with the sucker arm, the Assault Dalek with the cutting claw, an Emperor's guard with the Multi Spectrum Scanner (as it's called on the box) and Thay with removed panels. I have to make the one with the syringe, another Emperor's guard (it has something like a toasting fork) and the wrecked version of Caan. Maybe also the opening version of Sec and the one seen in "Dalek", since they open differently. Perhaps one with a morph for the destruct sequence, too. And the latest version of Davros' chair.

That should keep me busy for a while.

edited December 1969

i'm wondering how to alter the surface settings in this one, so that it looks the same as the original as daz obviously ignores some of the poser settings.

• edited December 1969

Of the NSDs, so far I've made the "Standard" NSD with the sucker arm, the Assault Dalek with the cutting claw, an Emperor's guard with the Multi Spectrum Scanner (as it's called on the box) and Thay with removed panels. I have to make the one with the syringe, another Emperor's guard (it has something like a toasting fork) and the wrecked version of Caan. Maybe also the opening version of Sec and the one seen in "Dalek", since they open differently. Perhaps one with a morph for the destruct sequence, too. And the latest version of Davros' chair.

That should keep me busy for a while.

Ooooh, a Dalek which opens up would be amazeballs. Also cannot wait to see your model of the New Paradygm.
    I also still hope one day you'll get around the the classic era- STW Dalek from the McCoy era.

Also, a suggestion for the NSD. A Victory Dalek with gear belt, posable sucker and tea tray?

• edited December 1969

Oh yes, I forgot about the "Ironsides" Dalek. As for the New Paradigm, there are several very good ones already available but I suppose I'll have to do one eventually.

I have the Classic Special Weapons Dalek partly built but I really need to get it finished off. At the moment, though, I'm more interested in making non canon stuff.

edited December 1969

Oh yes, I forgot about the "Ironsides" Dalek. As for the New Paradigm, there are several very good ones already available but I suppose I'll have to do one eventually.

I have the Classic Special Weapons Dalek partly built but I really need to get it finished off. At the moment, though, I'm more interested in making non canon stuff.

Great news, I'm still furtling with surface settings in DS to see if I can make this one look like the Poser render :)

• edited December 1969

Can you point to where the NP Daleks for Poser are hosted? I've found a really nice Lightwave one, but it doesn't play well in poser. And, I trust your models over anyone else's, as I've never had any hassle with your works.

I look forward to your Special Weapons Dalek and future nan-canon work (which I have to say on the record are pretty amazeballs.)

• edited December 1969

Lord Iffy said:

Can you point to where the NP Daleks for Poser are hosted? I've found a really nice Lightwave one, but it doesn't play well in poser. And, I trust your models over anyone else's, as I've never had any hassle with your works.

I look forward to your Special Weapons Dalek and future nan-canon work (which I have to say on the record are pretty amazeballs.)

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Anyhow, there's a New Paradigm over at Share CG, by billy-home. There may also be a couple of others but that's the one I use. Billy is a great modeller and an all round good bloke so you can be sure his Daleks are all first class.

Thank you for the compliments regarding my Daleks. You'll be pleased to know I have a major new set in the offing which will give a ludicrous amount of variations. I intend these to be the last in the STLB series but I've made them in such a way that additions and updates will be easy to incorporate. It should also be pretty easy for end users to make their own custom additions and to that end, I'll include a short tutorial.

Then, I guess, it's back to the canon stuff; I'd like to get them all wrapped up and maybe make some small changes to some of the Classic models, even though I said they'd be the last versions for the 2012 package. Oh well.

I have several other ideas for non canon Daleks which won't fit into the STLB continuity so they'll be standalone versions. I am not giving anything away about 'em but I guarantee one of them will be like nothing you've ever seen.

edited December 1969

STLB? :)

• edited December 1969

STLB? :)

Yup. You must have noticed my last few sets have been called STLB something or other. It's because they are ST Daleks (as are all my non canons), influenced somewhat by Librarian-Bot. The stepped fender, recessed oval panel between the gunboxes, the big neck rings and some of the dome lamp styles are taken from his designs.

The next non canon Daleks will be off in a different direction so they won't fit into that category.

BTW, billy-home is called Billy Bowers on Share CG.

edited December 1969

Ah cool , thanks for that and the sharecg info too :)