Time for sharing, what I have no idea!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL oh you do make me laugh for all the right reasons Carola, thank you. I am popping of to DA now. ;- )

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I'm with Carola (but gal, it's "squee" here in the forums, don't ask me how THAT got started. You'll see people say, "I could just SQUEE" or "Squeeee!" LOL. How DID that get started folks?) Anyway, it sure looks like the lighting is much more complicated than that- it's amazing. And now you have your dragon fix. I just had mine two weeks ago, lol- your dragons and mine should party! (as long as yours brings the lighting!)
    Cathie

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

SQEEE is short for Squeal with delight, in DAZ3D forum speak. Even I went Sqeeee!! over this one. The Szark is the man, now I got a reason to kill him off in my story. The little bugger was already on my, "I hate you because your so good list." This just pushed him into the "You must DIE list." (Big winky emoty goes here)

edited December 1969

Thanks Novica and Jad oh and Jad make sure I die a horrible death please.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited July 2013

Szark said:
    Thanks Novica and Jad oh and Jad make sure I die a horrible death please.

A Horrible death.. or a TRULY Horrible one? *whistles innocently*

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah Carola a TRULY Horrible one would be awesome. thanks.

edited July 2013

I see what I can come up with *smirks and goes to sharpen the mighty sword.. erhm.. pen*

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

LOL

Oh and for the record a Squee is a furry creature in Myst 3 (Exile) so there

squee.jpg
    182 x 182 - 11K
    edited December 1969

*Squeeeeee* PUPPY... or something like that atleast

edited July 2013

ROFLOL Carola..I feel like a squee sometimes myself living in the dark and eating mushrooms or is that like a mushroon, in the dark and fed on......... better not. :- ).

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Okay then, one very over the top grandiose horrible to the max death coming up... Now just where did I store that scroll with Plane travel to the 9th level of Hades?

edited December 1969

Hey I have already opened the 9th gate and told him to stay put.

edited December 1969

Hmm... okay then shuffles some papers around... What about the 66&(typo)th level of the Abyss? Seen it yet?

edited December 1969

Nope not been there yet, you're safe.

edited December 1969

*walks into Jade's office with a clipboard in hand, secretery clothes and a pen prepared* "Jad, those demons down in 74th streets of the 7 gate are starting to complain again, they haven't had any fun they say. They are getting fairly loud too, who should we send there?"

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    *walks into Jade's office with a clipboard in hand, secretery clothes and a pen prepared* "Jad, those demons down in 74th streets of the 7 gate are starting to complain again, they haven't had any fun they say. They are getting fairly loud too, who should we send there?"
    They can have whatever is left over after I get that jerk on my wall. Tell them they will be freshly tenderized. Oh and if anyone is left up stairs that's not dead yet just toss them to the demons now.
    edited December 1969

As you wish Jad *walks out with the clipboard in hand, the pen behind her ear and a spring in her steps. Soon wicked laughter is sounding, followed by fearful screams and cruel laughter. A loud sound of a heavy door closing is than followed by silence*

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    As you wish Jad *walks out with the clipboard in hand, the pen behind her ear and a spring in her steps. Soon wicked laughter is sounding, followed by fearful screams and cruel laughter. A loud sound of a heavy door closing is than followed by silence*
    and that was just with pouncing on me.
    edited July 2013

ok here is a quickie...I spent more time on adjusting the wing's trans maps than I did setting up the materials and refining the pose from the last image. Yep same dragon, almost the same pose, just tweaked for the camera angle. I think that has now sated me and purged me of the need to render dragons for a while. :- )

While making my last image and finding cool camera angles I came across this POV and saved a camera in the same position as the Perspective Camera I was looking through. Daz Studio makes it so easy to do this when loading a new camera. For that last image I think I dropped in about 8 cameras as I was looking around through the perspective camera. Then went through each cam and picked the better ones.

This time I used Uber Surface on the skin and wing membrane. Threw the bump maps in to the displacement channel too. I used a FOG camera with one Distant light and UE2 in one render. Then I postworked it a little.

I must say using the fog camera and UE2 didn't take that long to render, 5 hours at the res on this ole thing. What I did notice the Fog cam acted light a fill light when UE2 is used. I had to reduce UE2 down from 90% to 50% when I added the fog cam. Note I said Fog cam not Volume cam.

SnowDragon_copy.jpg
    1110 x 1550 - 887K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Love the dragon's pose and the snowiness of it all. The eyes, while piercing, don't completely seem to be part of it somehow, though. Or is that the headache building up behind my eyes?

Recently got brave enough to play with Uber Surface, myself. It can really make a difference!

edited December 1969

I like this fellow.. thouhg, he do look a tad bit too hungry... so I think I better wait with cuddling him utnil he has eaten his fill *proceeds to throw in slaves to sate the dragon*

edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    Love the dragon's pose and the snowiness of it all. The eyes, while piercing, don't completely seem to be part of it somehow, though. Or is that the headache building up behind my eyes?

Recently got brave enough to play with Uber Surface, myself. It can really make a difference!

Thanks The eyes are the result of placing the texture map in the Ambient Colour Channel at 200%. I tested a few colours but this seemed like the right colour to give that impression.
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I like this fellow.. thouhg, he do look a tad bit too hungry... so I think I better wait with cuddling him utnil he has eaten his fill *proceeds to throw in slaves to sate the dragon*
    Yep hungry for man flesh...lucky you are of the female persuasion.
    edited December 1969

Psst! Psst!

DS3A

One Area light plane above the shelf elongated and narrowed at a 45 degree angle facing downward away from the wall at 250% intensity. Two Uber Point lights at 100% intensity either side of the shelf and Uber Environment 2 using the Softbox, 100% intensity set to Occlusion and IDL, IDL strength 75%, Occlusion Strength 75% and Occlusion Colour 20,20,20.

The a little postwork just to increase saturation and sharpness.

psst.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 427K
    edited December 1969

Ah... just what I need. A Pocket Szark for all those times I need lighting tips... where do we order them from?

edited December 1969

Sorry you can't order me but I will appear if you say my name 46 thousand times

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    ok here is a quickie...I spent more time on adjusting the wing's trans maps than I did setting up the materials and refining the pose from the last image. Yep same dragon, almost the same pose, just tweaked for the camera angle. I think that has now sated me and purged me of the need to render dragons for a while. :- )

While making my last image and finding cool camera angles I came across this POV and saved a camera in the same position as the Perspective Camera I was looking through. Daz Studio makes it so easy to do this when loading a new camera. For that last image I think I dropped in about 8 cameras as I was looking around through the perspective camera. Then went through each cam and picked the better ones.

This time I used Uber Surface on the skin and wing membrane. Threw the bump maps in to the displacement channel too. I used a FOG camera with one Distant light and UE2 in one render. Then I postworked it a little.

I must say using the fog camera and UE2 didn't take that long to render, 5 hours at the res on this ole thing. What I did notice the Fog cam acted light a fill light when UE2 is used. I had to reduce UE2 down from 90% to 50% when I added the fog cam. Note I said Fog cam not Volume cam.

super

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Sorry you can't order me but I will appear if you say my name 46 thousand times
    Hmmm.... not sure I need your help that bad. Think I'll just read your tut's instead.
    edited December 1969

Be like that then see if I care. :P :coolcheese: ;)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Would you bother with three (3!) smileys if you truly didn't. Not even a little bit?