WIP; please do not read!!!!

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

This is a future home of texturing WIPs.  Just want to ask a mod if this the right place to put this.  By the way if you are not a mod, why are you reading this?

Wonder what I should try texturing first?  I am thinking of doing a bundle with a Mika 7/8 Character with textures of at least one of the hairs that came out with Mika 8 that has G3F fits.  But what about the outfit?

Comments

• This is the right place for non-commercial threads on texturing.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

This is the right place for non-commercial threads on texturing.

Non-commercial?  oh,

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2018

yes if it is going to be a commercial WIP thread it is not allowed at all, unless it is a product that has been accepted by Daz.

Post edited by Chohole on

How about a WIP project for freebies?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yeah,  that is non Commercial,

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2018

Just want to ask a mod if this the right place to put this.  By the way if you are not a mod, why are you reading this?

Because you knew we would. cheeky  LOL right now you have 62 views, and not 62 moderators, that's for sure. Everyone else is hiding, I admitted I surfed in because I'm just that brazen. And wanted to welcome your thread to the Art Studio and wish you much success with your texturing. I hope you have fun with it. :) 

Post edited by Novica on
    Chohole said:

yes if it is going to be a commercial WIP thread it is not allowed at all, unless it is a product that has been accepted by Daz.

so it is a catch 22.  If it is going to be for at Daz, it has to be up to standard, but I cannot make sure it is up to standard unless I post it somewhere.  I cannot post it here if I want it to be commerical at Daz until it gets accepted by Daz

Well I am thinking here is a seamless tile that I have been working on.  I think I need to get to work soon.

0000.jpg
    256 x 256 - 13K

I have an idea.  Right now it is noncommerical and just for my own use.  It is more of a study of something, but I will get more into it later.

I am taking a merchant resource for V4 and trying to convert it to G3F/G8F.  Here is just the lips done with G3F (with a skin builder for Genesis 3 female texture as a guide.  The Genesis 8 female one is just the lips with the skin builder textures removed.  Of course I do not have Victoria 4.2 installed right now to show what the original texture would look like on V4.

testlips0000.png
    480 x 609 - 234K
    G8F0000.png
    480 x 609 - 131K
  • Check that the MR allows that - generally Merchant Resource for Figure Name cannot be assumed to be usable on other figures.

Check that the MR allows that - generally Merchant Resource for Figure Name cannot be assumed to be usable on other figures.

I checked the readme and saw this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For commercial and non-commercial use
    This Merchant resource is free for use in any way.
    The only limitation is that you don't use it to make another merchant resourceor ridistribuite it for free in any form
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

txt
    txt
    READ_ME_LMI DR4V4.txt

Hmmmm  if DIM was not acting up I could install all my Precious figures and start working on a secret project.

I am having difficulty saving a partial pose for Precious's tail.

testkitty0000.png
    1024 x 768 - 490K

I think I will do some textures for Christmas.  This is the before render of the first outfit I think I will retexture.

outfitCFhuh0000.png
    1024 x 768 - 425K

I am thinking of making a graphic novel ebook.  I got a fifty page sketchbook from dollar tree. I do rough sketches in that then I can set up scenes and render them.  First I need to brain storm ideas.

I got an idea.  I got some software that is meant for non-commerial use only.  I think if I understand right, if I save all my work files and then buy the full version and then resave all the work I can use it however I want assuming it was safe to use it that way from the start.  (AKA I cannot sell Genesis 8 Male as my own no mater what software I use but I can probably sell a figure based on Make Human, I think)

I must have done something wrong.  I would show G8M in MudBox but I do not know how to do so without breaking the TOS rule on nudity.

mudboxG8Mproblem.png
    519 x 263 - 17K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I can't comment, as I followed your advice and didn't read any of your posts.

I am thinking of trying to do something new with Aiko 3.  I still like her but I know if I do what I want it will be a lot of work but I do not know if anyone would be interested.

I am thinking of trying to do something new with Aiko 3.  I still like her but I know if I do what I want it will be a lot of work but I do not know if anyone would be interested.

I am starting an Aiko 3 Discord room.  https://discord.gg/uXUcmkf

I was going to see what I can do in Hexagon, but probably do not have the time as my ride might come as early as 2:30?

Ideas have been turning in my head.  What if I use V4 merchant make up packs on G3F/G8F?