Streets of New Orleans?

I love well-done street and environment scenes; I've been looking for a set (or at least a building or two) that reflects the architectural styles of the buildings seen in New Orleans, like the ones here in this picture of Bourbon Street.

Comments

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191

There is a set over at Rendo by Chris1972, called Bourbon at StLouis. It's modelled exactly from that street. There is also a Bar Interiour fitting the set. Pitty he never completed the other blocks he intended to do, but still, its a nice set with really New Orleans Houses in it.

• Beat578 said:

There is a set over at Rendo by Chris1972, called Bourbon at StLouis. It's modelled exactly from that street. There is also a Bar Interiour fitting the set. Pitty he never completed the other blocks he intended to do, but still, its a nice set with really New Orleans Houses in it.

The only problem with that set it is too clean compared to the real thing - which is actually REALLY disgusting (thank goodness smells can't be render! *gag*). 

• Beat578 said:

The only problem with that set it is too clean compared to the real thing - which is actually REALLY disgusting (thank goodness smells can't be render! *gag*). 

Bourbon Street smells probably because of the lingering effects of Hurricane Katrina.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Beat578 said:

The only problem with that set it is too clean compared to the real thing

A bit of shader magic can help with that... Things like those for example:

https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-weathered-shaders-for-iray
    https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-filthy-dirty-iray-shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-filthy-dirty-future-iray-shaders
    https://www.daz3d.com/da-rust-and-grime-shaders

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    JonSea31 said:
    Beat578 said:

Bourbon Street smells probably because of the lingering effects of Hurricane Katrina.

If you have ever been to Mardi Gras you know why it smells, LOL

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited June 2018
    JonSea31 said:
    Beat578 said:

I stand corrected.  It's alcohol.

As for the Bourbon Street district, I am very interested in purchasing the scene to use in a New Orleans/swamp plot episode of my animated series someday, but I have to wait until I have some spare funds.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    JonSea31 said:
    JonSea31 said:
    Beat578 said:

I stand corrected.  It's alcohol.

As for the Bourbon Street district, I am very interested in purchasing the scene to use in a New Orleans/swamp plot episode of my animated series someday, but I have to wait until I have some spare funds.

More liike the aftermath of too much alcohol and no bathrooms, LOL

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473

awake StoneMason

• So, what's the status on Adelaide Street?