About DAZ Connect and Carrara

A year or two ago, I think I read something to the effect of 'don't use DAZ Connect to install products or you won't be able to access them in Carrara.  

Is that still the case?

And if you categorize things inside of DAZ Studio, is there any way to get that info transferred over to Carrara so you could easily organize all of your swords / armor / hair /modern clothes and so forth while inside of Carrara?

Thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

As far as I know Connect content has a different licence setup,. (from normally purchased content) ... so,. unless you need to install via connect ,. don't !

Unless Daz have updated or changed the way connect works,. then it's still the same case for Carrara,.    Daz Connect content won't work in carrara.

Daz Studio has a Categories section, where users can choose to re-organise products in a virtual way,.

Carrara should be able to display that in Smart content,..

but that's different from being able to re organize Daz Categories inside of Carrara,.

Categories are created and structured in Daz Studio they are not REAL folders and you're not PHYSICALLY moving files or products around.

It's like shortcut's to an application,. but it's only manageable in Daz Studio,. not carrara.

Smart content (in carrara) should already present things like Weapons,hair,armour in a categories type of view. as well as by product /name.

if finding content on your drive is becoming problematic or time consuming,. try using DIM to uninstall the content you're not currently using,.

with all the freebies,. it's easy to build up a bunch of stuff you don't use, or need, or wouldn't normally have purchased.

Hope it helps :)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061
    3DAGE said:

As far as I know Connect content has a different licence setup,. (from normally purchased content)

I don't know where you got that from, but it's not true.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Leana said:
    3DAGE said:

As far as I know Connect content has a different licence setup,. (from normally purchased content)

I don't know where you got that from, but it's not true.

The only difference there ever was was when some of the content was sold encrypted.  License was exactly the same but downloading was a wee bit different, and there is no longer any encrypted content in the store.

• Does that mean we can now use DAZ Connect and that content will show up inside of Carrara and work?

And @3dage - regarding categories, are you saying that if I use DAZ Studio's system to categorize things, I should be able to access all of the categorized items through the Smart Tab incarrara?  Or would I need to go in and modify metadata or do something else to get things to show up?

Thanks as always for your help. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061

Does that mean we can now use DAZ Connect and that content will show up inside of Carrara and work?

I don't think so. The problem is not only encrypted content, but also that each product is installed in a separate content subdirectory with Connect.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2018

My apologies ,. thanks for the correction Leana :)

I don't use daz studio to categorise stuff,. i leave it as it's installed

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • Ok.  Tied up for next few hours.  Will continue to steer clear of Connect - but will test out categorizing in Studio and see what shows up in smart content tab in Carrara.  Thought i'd tested that a couple of years ago, but not certain - and not having a good way to sift through content makes using Carrara a whole lot less efficient and fun.