Render in progress

Comments

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    Wanderer said:

@AJ2112 - I think forum use in general is in decline. A lot of people have moved on to Twitter or whatever's the latest because--as one person put it--you don't have to read/listen to what anyone else thinks. Your work is wonderful. The Batgirl image you did a bit ago now is great. You should really consider updating the name of this thread as noob or newbie or anything suggesting novice does not apply to you. Keep making and inspiring!

I agree, all newbies I began with disappeared.  Social media is the new phase, that's for sure.  Thanks for compliments on my work.  Aww shucks, Lol !!!  Understand what your sharing, but I am a newbie friend, past 4 years, I may have dabbled with Daz a few months out of each year, such as since June 2017 I haven't touched 3D at all, 10 months later I return.  I've met a lot of wonderful people at the forums, that sped me along nicely, teaching me all they had to offer, most of them are gone now though sadly. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Glad to see you back!  I look forward to seeing some new things from you!

edited June 2018

Been working on AW Diane, I've done several renders with her, will share this one for now, she really needs a teens room, Lol !!!!  My 2nd attempt at children scenes, I love using Wilmap outfits, EmmaAndJordi hair is fantastic, but very challenging to get right hair flow, 

Diane Singing

Diane Singing.jpg
    2430 x 2160 - 3M
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2018

My 2nd attempt at an Egyptian Queen, using Darnissa, Bast hair/outfit is marvelous, but no hair adjustments, outfit has a zillion surfaces to tweak, very time consuming.  Was a fun project.   

Egyptian Darnissa

Darnissa_1.jpg
    864 x 1080 - 887K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on

You did a great job on the teenagers bedroom.  The only problem I see with it is that its not messy enough lolol!

I've always love the Bast hair and Outfit.  Did you know there are several additional textures for it?

Thanks Sonja.  So very true, wish my daughters rooms were that clean when they were teens, Rofl !!!!!  Bast hair/outfit is fantastic, no didn't know of additional textures.  I use Mec4D shaders on everything, since shaders were released.  Bast entire outfit was done in all Mec4D shaders.   

Wonder how bad the Bast Hair would explode under a Dforce sim lol.  You did a great job with the shaders, she has some of the best around.

Hi Sonja, I haven't used Dforce, too intimidating.  Hair explosion, Lol !!!  would be interesting to find out.  Thanks sweet friend, Mec shaders are freaking awesome, I use shaders on everything.  Sure wish she was around, I love all her products, I purchased a lot from her store.  Thanks for always visiting.  Cheers.   

edited June 2018

Back to vampires, my favorite genre, sad vampire scenes are not very popular.    

Vamp Retro 001.jpg
    1701 x 1620 - 2M
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2018

A project I worked on awhile back, then accidently deleted *ugh* I wasn't happy with her expression, a bit to dramatic, Lol !!!   

Adele Beach Sad.jpg
    1152 x 1152 - 1M
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2018

Is there anybody out there ? Is there anybody (pause) OUT there ?  Pink floyd fan for decades.  This post is dedicated to my friends of the past, we all began with 3Delight.  When I first began 3D, Daz was super active, sad to see all my friends of the past no longer visit, MN-150374, Trish, Szark, Herald of Fire, and most of all Jaderail, I called Jade whom passed, and many more.  All these friends helped and taught me almost everything I know today.  When I look at my first image, I'm thinkin WOW ! what a major improvement.  No matter how horrible, I believed my scenes were, they encouraged, inspired, pushed me to keep progressing, I'm sure I drove some of em nuts, Rofl !!!

Szark was my mentor, communicating with me everyday forums, pm, emails, I really desired to learn his style and loved his scenes.  Well, let me close for now, cause I can write a book, Lol !!  Have fun creating everyone.

I have a lot of renders, but never shared, Here's one I did as a newbie in 3Delight, attempting Silver surfer.  Well, let me close for now, cause I can write a book, Rofl !!  Have fun creating everyone, well at least the ones that visit my section smiley 

Silver surfer.jpg
    960 x 720 - 504K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I love vamp scenes too and nice work. The long nails are a nice touch. 

Hi friend, thanks so much for compliment/visiting, very cool you enjoy vamp scenes, yeah I love to create vampires, but not very popular genre at Daz gallery, hardly get any likes, truly sad.  Someday I may start a blog dedicated to vamp art.   

Guess, this is my blog now.  Now, I've progressed with 3D for awhile, I've learned my strong/weak points.  I also can easily notice mistakes in past renders.  Wish people in the 3D world, would provide feedback good/bad on my renders at thread and gallery, sometimes I get so tired trying to figure out everything on my own, I'm proud of what I achieved, with help of members in the past, but a person can only go so far self taught.  I've learned why? you like my renders, but what don't you like ?  Don't leave my rendered image with a 0 at the galleries.  Hey AJ, your lighting could be better, maybe try blank, blank.    

Think that's the reason I disappeared for a long time, cause of lack of interaction between 3D creators.  Which I am not used to.  Photoshop on the other hand is a whole different world.  But, I do not desire to create art with Photoshop.  I enjoy 3D.  Any other passion I had in life, there was always interaction, I mean I might as well just create on DS interact with myself or imaginary friend, Rofl ! j/k about imaginary friend.  I'm just used to very social, active forums, but when I visit Daz, other then a few good friends, I feel so alone in this hobby.  Creating art should be fun, sharing ideas, learning from one another, not a lonely place of solitude.  I ask a question, get bashed, my thread was closed.  Now, I can see why? so many disappeared, I once knew.  A lot of things I can do in solitude, such as read a book, I began 3D to learn, have fun, interact, etc....  Oh well, somethings never change, no matter how much I voice my opinion, either ya go with the flow or move on, this thread will probably get closed to smiley

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited June 2018

@AJ2112 some great renders here. I am a relative newbie but am figuring out things everyday. I am not so much into precision renders but conveying ideas in general. I go back and forth between 3D and just drawing and painting. I think the one of the teen bedroom is nicely rendered and has good attention to detail.  I have been thinking of commenting in my thread about issues and problem solving but critiquing the work of other is tricky. I think one thing I like to think that I can see is when figures placed together or in  space interact, I have a pretty good internal idea of kinetics and making things look balanced and  believable as far as the action goes. I say this not as a critique of your work, but as something I specialize in for anyone who is interested in that sort of critique. We all have our strong points. I like to  avoid Photoshop work filters especially myself too. It is nice when it can be done all at once. Anyhow, best wishes here in finding good interaction. I think people’s embracing of forums comes and goes. I actually like this forum pretty well now.

i could give you some tips to improve the figure sitting in the grass a little bit.

here goes:

take the right elbow and slightly  pull it over the knee just ever so slightly to the outside which is more of a natural position to fall in a relaxed pose. As far as that goes perhaps turn the foot which is pointing towards us with the toe  straight out slightly to the outside to make the pose les rigid.

2. To give her gaze life do one of two things. If she is going to be  looking at the flowers or grass, pick a point for her to look, create a null and label it point of interest. Direct her eyes at it  and point her finger or hand at it in order to clarify her intent and give her a context.

if not looking at the grass, then bring the point of interest null close to the camera so make her look almost at the viewer but not at the default eye position it is currently at.

3 see what can be done to play with the hair morphs and play a little more with the way it catches the wind to randomize it. It would help if something in the grass seemed to be blowing in a similar direction...

theres a start. Hope that is all welcome critique 

^__^ 

Rak

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited June 2018

Hi Rak, thanks so much for render compliment.  Welcome to the 3D world, in time you'll achieve what your heart desires.  Your not alone, I'm the same way in many way's.  3D, art, should be fun, expressing one's idea, emotions, etc..... not precision, perfection, solitude.  I enjoy viewing art that tells a story.  Thank you, on Diane room.  I just try different ideas, my family states I bounce around to much, Lol !!!!  I try to pay close attention to detail, but lack color choices, color visualization, I'm horrible at choosing colors, lucky, I'm not a fashion designer.  True many get offended by critique, but I and many others welcome criticism. 

I certainly can use some help with balance, I'm constantly moving figures/objects around.  I don't discredit anyone's method or use of tools, after experimenting with Photoshop, etc....  just my preferances doesn't desire, art programs, effects, ilters, etc.....   I'd like to achieve the same idea, just using DS software.  I've seen some beautiful scene renders, mainly architecture, I would like to achieve.  

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to recreate using your instructions.  I was not happy with the scene at all, I'll upload new version in the future with your tips.  Thanks friend smiley     

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited June 2018

Is  that a Genesis 2 figure?

You can see the NULL axis that I created to serve as the focal point in this image. I have the eyes and the fingers trained on it. Things to think about also when setting poses are questions like when that fore-ankle hits the ground, what way does the weight of the thigh and leg make the foot want to twist. That can make things more convincing.

With the hair, it is possible to find a hairstyle that you can get some wild effects with and render it separately with transparency and then if need be, you can put the two layers together in Photoshop and erase the hair bits you don't want. But that is  if you absolutely have to combine in Photoshop. I have actually done a trick where I hid a wild hair piece behind the head and with the right perspective who knows anyway?

I went into a little more detail on hair correcting over on my Art Studio thread.

-Rak

render_sit.jpg
    1124 x 1200 - 396K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

I changed thread title, couldn't find my thread, Rofl !!!  Battling a major chest cold at the moment, just feeling *blah*

Hi Rak, never tried null axis method, I just do a lot of rotating, Lol !!!!  Also, like the way I can see different pose views in different windows.  Learn somethin new everyday.  In the future, going to try to use more viewports.  Yeah, my poses were always a bit boring to me, Lol !!!!  I'm not very good at expressions either.  I've always have issues with hair to, like on Diane teen, her body is going right, hair is boofed up to the right.  Desired hair to appear more relaxed on headphones, end of hair going outward.  Sliders just wasn't getting the job done.  Yeah, a lot of products do not come the way we expect.  Example plants in the image, do not move at all, no parameter sliders, cept x, y, z.  I use what I have best to my ability.  Example, now you've mentioned hair moving, plants should to.  Fix, straighten out her hair = no wind.  Thanks for all your assistance, chime in anytime.              

edited June 2018

Another Vampire Tania.  I call this one I hate Vampires, since vampires are not popular in 3D.  Critique welcome.  Have fun creating smiley

Tania Vampire Staked.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Cool render.  Neat that it tells a full story.  I'm trying to work my way up to doing more of that, rather than "here's this character" lol

Hi friend, thanks.....  Your not alone, I've only done 2 story type scenes in 4 years, rest are here's the character, Lol !!  Good luck with your character story scenes.   

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow AJ I so love you vampire stories/renders!!!

I am a huge fan of vampires!!!!!

edited June 2018

Hi Saphire, long time friend, haven't seen ya since my return.  Thanks so much for complimenting my vampire scenes.  Awesome ! your another vampire fan.  I really desire to create Selene from Underworld, but cannot find a character that resembles her.  She's my ultimate favorite, vampire/hunter.  Would be cool if World_Edge could facegen her.  I did a really bad job on Selene, when I first began, Yikes ! Rofl !! 

Selene.jpg
    900 x 675 - 93K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    AJ2112 said:

Hi Saphire, long time friend, haven't seen ya since my return.  Thanks so much for complimenting my vampire scenes.  Awesome ! your another vampire fan.  I really desire to create Selene from Underworld, but cannot find a character that resembles her.  She's my ultimate favorite, vampire/hunter.  Would be cool if World_Edge could facegen her.  I did a really bad job on Selene, when I first began, Yikes ! Rofl !! 

Selene is my most fav vamp/hunter as well, I just loved Underworld. 

She has to be the bravest woman Vamp/Hunter I have ever seen in a Movie!!!

I hope you can Create Selene someday!!

I also would love to create my own little Vampire World someday when I get this modeling thing under my belt.

Hi Saphire, awesome, happy you like Selene to.  Whomever created her character, did an excellent job.  Underworld rocks !!  I rewatch quite often, Rofl !!!!  I agree, Selene is beautiful and yet dangerous, whoopin vamp/wolf rears.  Thanks Saphire, maybe someday I'll get into face morphing, if I have any brain cells left.  

Lookin forward to your vamp stories, your moving a long wonderfully, keep progressing forward yes  

AJ2112 said:

Another Vampire Tania.  I call this one I hate Vampires, since vampires are not popular in 3D.  Critique welcome.  Have fun creating smiley

I really like this one you did a great job on it. You did a great job on posing her especially the hood, those are such a pain!  I think you are far too hard on yourself.  Have you seen my first renders?  They are really really bad.  Heck, the whole first year isn't all that great lol!

AJ2112 said:

I really like this one you did a great job on it. You did a great job on posing her especially the hood, those are such a pain!  I think you are far too hard on yourself.  Have you seen my first renders?  They are really really bad.  Heck, the whole first year isn't all that great lol!

Hi Sonja, hope your well friend.  Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments/support.  You are absolutely correct, hoods are a real pain, Rofl !!  Clothes/hair is also difficult to pose, majority products are designed for standing poses, specially dresses.  I'm told that quite often, I'm to hard on myself, believe it's my perfectionist personality.  Sometimes, wish I could just kick back, relax, enjoy life.  I thought a lot of your renders first year were good to outstanding, I really enjoyed viewing renders, watch you progress.    

edited June 2018

Back to V4, this character is Fury, as I learn and progress forward, I return to older projects I left behind, and apply what I learn. I have around 150 old projects, Rofl !!!  Next one I'll probably do before/after..

Fury .jpg
    1650 x 1650 - 1M
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited June 2018

Vampire River 

Vampire River.png
    1650 x 1320 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on