G2 Super Hero Suit Issues

2»

Comments

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Based on the wireframes, it looks like it isn't very conducive to trying to make new mat zones for it in the PGE. It looks more like its designed to follow the topology of G2F instead of making the lines one would typically see in superhero outfits. Granted, it means it should fit the G2F shape well, but it's not going to be easy to use shaders with this outfit.

kind of weird decision on the side of the creator. I mean bodysuits are among the types of clothing that get customized the most. You'd think they would take that into account.

But then again, I thought that about the Gen1 Supersuit as well.

• edited December 1969

Still finding it hard to shape the body even a little without lots of pokes.

The earlier suggestions about mesh smoothing worked great for me on the base G2 figure in preview and render, but when I applied V6 and Belle I got heaps of pokesthroughs in both preview and render. I was about to try the push-mod suggestion, but before that I hit the Restore Default Settings in the Render Tab, because I had been messing around, and my renders were v slow.

Anyhoo, this totally fixed the pokethrough issues I was having when rendering (don't really care about pokes in preview) and my renders are a lot faster! Maybe work for you if you've changed your render settings?

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited July 2013

Thank you guys I was able to fix my problems before I could even post there was one. You all helped me out I did mesh smoothing and push for the costume and this helped me so much.

For those a bit slow like me I was having trouble finding the push modifier that RAMWolff mentioned so here are some screenshots to help. First go to the Scene tab and click the Display Panel Options button/tab (Screenshot with blue arrow)

Also here is a screenshot of the G2 Hero suit with two G2Females one turned male with the Ghastly's Aint no lady morph Thanks Ghastly! The symbol on the chest is taken from the Greatest American Hero a cheesy show for the 1970's American TV.

The cape is the Cape for Supersuit here at DAZ and the male's boots are the Belt and boot for supersuit also here at Daz

displaypaneltab.jpg
    162 x 98 - 4K
    GAHmf.jpg
    545 x 791 - 43K
    push.jpg
    1103 x 413 - 61K
    Post edited by Skelch on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Glad to be of help. Nice looking render!

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

Any you guys have issues with the heel of this suit? When I adjust it, it looks fine, but looks weird after it readjust itself.

The heel and sole is on

heel_issue.png
    1536 x 864 - 316K
    Post edited by Zenrel on
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Zenrel I have not seen this myself, did you use a pose from another character or did you just move it to this position yourself before the soles fell off?

edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    Zenrel I have not seen this myself, did you use a pose from another character or did you just move it to this position yourself before the soles fell off?

I was using another pose, but the problem was solved when I close down DS and reapply the boots on.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

well, so far so good...

Racing_Green.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 822K
  • Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

3dTox said:
    SimonJM said:
    However, since I had it loaded to test out for the above I noticed that the hide_mouth morph on the mask doe snot seem to work and the boots have no allied smart content for textures (mantis case raised).

The mouth morph does work, although not the way you think it does. the reason you're not seeing the change is you haven't changed the opacity map. There are a few of them for the mask. One with no ears or mouth, one with no mouth, and another with all visible. the morph you are trying to use just loosens or tightens the material around the mouth once you've change the map so it's visible.

im trying to replicate the mask in the second promo image. the one where they use the black and white mat. the problem im having is that i cant seem to resolve the lip crease. the promo shows a really smooth mouth covering. Anyone able to do this or have this problem.

• Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I'm having similar issues, as what everyone here is posting. When I load the superhero suit into a scene, I have to do a smoothing modifier and a push modifier to get it to not actually have any pokethrough, and then when I do that I can't get the boots or gloves to load properly! I'm seriously starting to regret purchasing these figures.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

I'm having similar issues, as what everyone here is posting. When I load the superhero suit into a scene, I have to do a smoothing modifier and a push modifier to get it to not actually have any pokethrough, and then when I do that I can't get the boots or gloves to load properly! I'm seriously starting to regret purchasing these figures.

Try just the smoothing modifier and change collision to about 5 on all pieces. I didn't use the push modifier at all. The gloves and boots have morphs that make them fit better. The gloves have one for fit over sleeves and the boots have a loosen morph that worked well. Also, if I remember right, I set collision on the boots to the suit instead of G2F.

Hope that works for you. :)

edited December 1969

Just thought I'd state the "obvious" just in case it's not as obvious as I might at first think...

...but are the folk experiencing problems using the built-in adjustment morphs? Select clothing item, and look to the morphs found in the Parameters Tab (see attached)

Capture.JPG
    1908 x 1019 - 152K
  • Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hate to sound like a noob, but how do I set collision?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Hate to sound like a noob, but how do I set collision?

try right clicking on the scene tab itself (like, the actual tab), and then in the menu under edit/geometry, i think there's the "add smoothing modifier". the adjustments for the modifier show up in the parameter tab under general, i believe.

• smaysmay Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

FreeStuff Cloak, Shoulder Strap and Opacity Mat for bodysuit you can download in my site - http://smay3d.com/free_01.htm

SHS_DA_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 200K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Smay!

:-)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you, smay. Nice outfit, nice freebies.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks, smay! The supersuit just got even better! :)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Suddenly - smay!

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    3dTox said:
    SimonJM said:
    However, since I had it loaded to test out for the above I noticed that the hide_mouth morph on the mask doe snot seem to work and the boots have no allied smart content for textures (mantis case raised).

The mouth morph does work, although not the way you think it does. the reason you're not seeing the change is you haven't changed the opacity map. There are a few of them for the mask. One with no ears or mouth, one with no mouth, and another with all visible. the morph you are trying to use just loosens or tightens the material around the mouth once you've change the map so it's visible.

Ahhh - ok, I'll try that, but would have expected a mat file to do that.

The mat files are under the utilities>visibility heading in smart content.

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited December 1969

For what it is worth...I loaded this item and the outfit loaded looking full of splinters, massive poke through. Reading this thread, I couldn't find anything that was recommended by other people and I thought it might be due to the different UI Studio version. I'm running the newest version 4.6x and could not find any of the referenced items people have mentioned.

Just the keyword "edit" lead me to the edit tab to just sneak a peek and explore, there I found under "Object" then under "Geometry" I found the "Apply Smoothing Modifier" it is also under the "Figure" tab right under "Object". Just make sure the suit is selected before you use it. I still have a few patches showing skin, but the outfit is more usable than it was.

Hope that helps.

Shame about the 1 material zone. Sharp looking suit, I haven't seen a body suit for the 6 family so I was looking for something to fit that category that I can swap out materials like chain mail on the legs or arms and hide the rest but not with this suit. I'm sure the M6 version is the same and I'll most likely not get now. :(

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

ONLY the material zones? That's a biggie.

• bozboz Posts: 30
    edited July 2014

Hi,
    is it not possible to use g2ms expressions with the suit?

edited: applying smoothing moderator basically solves the issue.

superherosuit2.jpg
    1505 x 921 - 121K
    superherosuit.jpg
    1505 x 921 - 201K
    Post edited by boz on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited January 2015

I would buy the suit, but I hope that Smay will give that suit a big makeover. Currently it looks like a half-finished and untested product with all the poke-through issues and the problems that the suit don't follow the actor. I hope this issues will be fixed. I also would like to see a suit with different material zones for a better texturing and using of shaders.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

I would buy the suit, but I hope that Smay will give that suit a big makeover. Currently it looks like a half-finished and untested product with all the poke-through issues and the problems that the suit don't follow the actor. I hope this issues will be fixed. I also would like to see a suit with different material zones for a better texturing and using of shaders.

Unfinished? The texture maps alone make it worth buying - the detail work on the wrinkles is stunning.
    For poke-through I have to ask - which program are you using? Poser or DS?

If you are using the suit in DS there are some things to keep in mind:
    The suit was designed to have a super-tight fit.
    The viewport display does not represent the suit correctly since the normal, bump and displacements maps are not being displayed.
    Much like some shaders that display grey in the viewport but are correct once you render. Think of it the same way.

First thing you should do is a test render to see if there is indeed poke-through in the final render.

If you are still having 'problems' with the suit:
    Check whether or not the morphs you are using on G2F/G2M have their auto follow option activated.
    This can be done by clicking on the gear icon on your morph, selecting Parameter Settings, and verifying there is a check in the box next to Auto Follow. If it wasn't, check the box and select accept. Unfit the suit then refit again, this time the morph should transfer over.

Some morphs and expressions on the head have their Auto Follow option deactivated by default. Try enabling it and see if that takes care of the problem for your render or add a smoothing modifier.

For some of the extreme morph shapes, you may have to hide parts of the body if the smoothing modifier does not work.

Also note that if you are using a smoothing modifier, the morphs in the clothing to make the suit fit under the gloves/boots/mask may not work as intended. Since the smoothing modifier will try to push the suit away from the body, it may cause it to now intersect with the boots, gloves and/or mask.

Some Examples:
    Image 1 & 2 (Black and Red suits) are G2M with Hero Base dialed in.
    Image 3 (Green suit) is G2M with Freak 5 dialed in.
    Image 4 (Blue suit) is G2F with Aiko 6 dialed in and I have dialed the "Under" morphs to 1 on the suit.
    Other than changing the diffuse color on some, no smoothing modifier or other tricks applied. I didn't even load a light lol :)

SuitEx04.jpg
    916 x 693 - 416K
    SuitEx03.jpg
    982 x 705 - 499K
    SuitEx02.jpg
    1150 x 575 - 397K
    SuitEx01.jpg
    938 x 667 - 437K
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Thanks Nadino for explaination. I use DAZ Studio mainly, but I haven't bought the suit yet, because of the pictures I have seen with that kind of Poke trough that you also show on your images. I have seen that as an error. The results looks great, did they work also with own textures? It's not easy to decide to buy an item like that, when you read first "Issues" in the thread title.

The idea to hide some body parts isn't new to me, because i did that several times with the Genesis Supersuit, but to hide parts of the head or face when you have an extreme morph (like a painful or angry face) and you want render a close-up it could be a little problem. Maybe that part should be fixed.

The best thing on your post is, that it comes from you. I like your art and what you've done in the past (your mask and your bodysuit for M4 are absolute must haves for anyone who do Superhero-Renderings). Your hints and tipps are very welcome and helpful. When you say, this suit is worth to buy, then I can believe it. Smay can thank you for that. :)

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Thanks Nadino for explaination. I use DAZ Studio mainly, but I haven't bought the suit yet, because of the pictures I have seen with that kind of Poke trough that you also show on your images. I have seen that as an error. The results looks great, did they work also with own textures? It's not easy to decide to buy an item like that, when you read first "Issues" in the thread title.

The idea to hide some body parts isn't new to me, because i did that several times with the Genesis Supersuit, but to hide parts of the head or face when you have an extreme morph (like a painful or angry face) and you want render a close-up it could be a little problem. Maybe that part should be fixed.

The best thing on your post is, that it comes from you. I like your art and what you've done in the past (your mask and your bodysuit for M4 are absolute must haves for anyone who do Superhero-Renderings). Your hints and tipps are very welcome and helpful. When you say, this suit is worth to buy, then I can believe it. Smay can thank you for that. :)

K good, I was secretly hoping you were using DS because I haven't used or installed Poser in a while lol.
    My friend, I wouldn't see it as an error, I would look at it as we do with trans-map hair in the viewport.
    We know that once we render, the weird looking invisible spots will go away and all is well.
    I know that this normally isn't the case with most products, but for this one (because it's so tight/close to the body) it is :)

As far as custom textures go, refer to colors used on the displacement maps of the default texture.
    Remember, Gray is neutral (or zero effect).
    Displacement map is where the magic really happens as it pushes the verts out and/or in.
    Also take note of the settings used for the displacement.
    I too wish it had more than one material zone, but I still find the suit very useful.

That's the problem with some of these threads. In some instances I find them misleading. Either the OP didn't read the included readme or is doing something wrong or simply has a question. But the message that comes across to the casual reader is that the product is indeed broken and they move on. I myself have missed out on a few products because I "believed" a thread, only to find out later (when I decide to buy and try the product myself) that it works for me with no problems. This is not always the case, there are some truly broken products, but most of the time not.

This really got cemented in my mind when I release my Bodysuit for M4. I had wrote a message in the readme about fitting in Poser. Most people did not read the readme. I got many emails about the product being broken. Want to guess what the issue was in every single complaint? :)

Hiding parts is a good thing to know. According to some, we are suppose to hide all non-seen parts anyways, but sometimes I forget. And sometimes I really don't notice a difference in my render times. I agree that hiding the head is not effective. But like in my earlier message, try enabling the Auto Follow on the expression morphs or add a smoothing modifier. Usually helps me. I'm not entirely sure why these morphs are turned off by default but I don't find it to be an issue.

Thank you very much for that last part. I appreciate the compliment and am glad you like my art and stuff. :)
    I really do hope this was helpful to you and anyone out there that might still be on the fence about these suits.

edited December 1969

You can also use the push modifier in edit, just start from 0 and slowly crank it up to get rid of the poke through.

• twitchewtwitchew Posts: 123

I know that this is an old thread, but I am hoping for someone to maybe take pitty on me and help out.

Is there a "wrinkle-only" version of the disp/bump maps? I really want something that does away with the seams, as well made as they are, I dont want them. (smay's site  ( http://smay3d.com/ ;) is not available and I cont sare up much on shareCG ) .

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    twitchew said:

I know that this is an old thread, but I am hoping for someone to maybe take pitty on me and help out.

Is there a "wrinkle-only" version of the disp/bump maps? I really want something that does away with the seams, as well made as they are, I dont want them. (smay's site  ( http://smay3d.com/ ;) is not available and I cont sare up much on shareCG ) .

I am way late to the party here.  But I have been working with Smay's Super Hero Suit for weeks now and coming up with all sorts of variations.  I would love to have a clean version of the suit to tweak without seams as well.  Does anyone know what happened to Smay3d's website?  Is he still supporting this item?  Would love to have gotten those free items he had listed to go with this suit.