spot light - how to point at eyeball - simply

i saw a video somewhere that showed how to point the light at, for example, an eye .. it was very fast instead of having to click on the scene, character, and drill down through the heirarchy until you get to the eye... which is at least 15 layers in there. 

It was just a matter of clicking in the scene or something, but I cannot figure how to do it

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

One way that I know of ...

1. Change your viewport to be looking through the light.
    2. Select the character's eye (you might have to click on the eye twice. First time selects the figure, the second time the eyeball)
    3. Press ctrl-a to point the light at the eyeball

Note that this will not change the "point at" paramter; so if you move the figure you'll need to do this again to change where the light is pointing.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,432
    JonnyRay said:

One way that I know of ...

1. Change your viewport to be looking through the light.
    2. Select the character's eye (you might have to click on the eye twice. First time selects the figure, the second time the eyeball)
    3. Press ctrl-a to point the light at the eyeball

Note that this will not change the "point at" paramter; so if you move the figure you'll need to do this again to change where the light is pointing.

thanks . i will give this a try ... it would be good to have that activate the point at ... like a pop up question..maybe a new feature or something.