Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

That would be a good Batmobile with the right add-ons. If only Nolan thought of that for his movies instead of using that "tank".

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited June 2013

Hal 52 Render
    GL New 52 Texture for roguepilot's suit by ~6and6

Hal.jpg
    1000 x 1345 - 493K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

awesome work on Hal Jordan

• PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Batman new 52 (roguepilot superman suit with my own textures) any1 knows a cloak or cape who cover the shoulders? (not for genesis) didnt found any , only dynamic ones, and im not very good with dynamic stuff , the belt isnt perfect but is the most liked to 52s i found

batman_resize.jpg
    583 x 600 - 124K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Batman new 52 (roguepilot superman suit with my own textures) any1 knows a cloak or cape who cover the shoulders? (not for genesis) didnt found any , only dynamic ones, and im not very good with dynamic stuff , the belt isnt perfect but is the most liked to 52s i found

spiderpity, that's pretty awesome!!! :D Did you retexture the belt yourself also? Or is that a different belt? I grapped roguepilot's new superman52 also - he does incredible work - but it looks different to the superman belt.

• PGandaraPGandara Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

spiderpity, that's pretty awesome!!! :D Did you retexture the belt yourself also? Or is that a different belt? I grapped roguepilot's new superman52 also - he does incredible work - but it looks different to the superman belt.

thanks :D belt is from uzilite for v4 modified to fix in m4

• edited December 1969

Here's a Silver Surfer having a vision of his wife, Shalla Bal.

Silver_Surfer_012.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 619K
  • edited December 1969

How about Superman vs. Doomsday. I know it isn't great, and can't compare with a lot of the incredible images some of you guys post, but I am getting better... I hope.

Superman_005.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 383K
    Superman_004.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 542K
    Superman_003.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 547K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

please...PLEase...PLEASE!!! finish the Batman pants!!

"This is not a good time, Alfred. What do you mean, I forgot something?"

Batmans_Pants.png
    464 x 618 - 343K
  • equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

"Imminent Property Damage"
    Metropolis: a construction worker's dream, an insurance adjuster's nightmare.

ImminentPropertyDamage_full.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2013

Little test with G2

Render_47_4.jpg
    771 x 1066 - 148K
    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 1969

What hair is that?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Since you all are inclined to appreciate superheroes and are no doubt familiar with the supersuit, I will announce this here.

I need Beta Testers for 22 Supersuit products that I have created for the DAZ Store.

6 have already begun testing and its going slow because the wonderful 5 people I have now cannot be expected to test this much content and still have lives and whatnot :D

If you are interested, please read carefully before applying.

If you were one of my Ninjas previously, you may get moved to the front of the line, but only because I know you and how you work.

here are the requirements.

-You must be ok with working for little or no compensation. The only thing I can offer for sure is a discount on the product. I dont know how much, it depends on DAZ. If its up to me, You will get it free.

-You must agree to actively participate in testing. This means daily substantial feedback and evaluation of the product.

-You must be using the latest version of DAZ Studio 4.5

-You must be able to render capably and know your way around the Surfaces tab.

-You must own all the supersuit products. (Sci-fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Boots an Belt and Cape)

-You must know how to create and maintain a separate Library structure for the beta content.

-You must agree to Keep everything related to the process confidential

-You must agree not to distribute any of the files and to delete all beta materials at the conclusion of the testing.

-PA's or people that create product for sale on the DAZ Store or other stores are inelegible.

Those of you who have tested with me before, know my testing setup is structured and engaging... I hope to work with you soon and get these fun products out quickly.

Please email me expressing your desire to join up. I cannot take everyone unfortunately, there are only 5 slots available.

[email protected]

Thanks

Any update on your SuperSuit packs? I hope the release of V6 doesn't sideline work on Genesis for any of the PAs. I am a bit disappointed with how little support DAZ seems to have given the Super Suit and how quickly they have moved on to a new generation. I still feel like I didn't even scratch the surface with Genesis 1. And I fear that all the new content will be coming only for V6 in the coming months.

edited December 1969

I feel the same way Gemini. Don't know what to feel about the 22 Supersuit products that are being planned either. Considering the UV's are still messed up for the Basic Suit, I just don't know what to feel about this. A few people have attempted a fix but they either haven't released it or I have to use RTencoder to decode files that don't exist (which makes it impossible to decode).

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

I feel the same way Gemini. Don't know what to feel about the 22 Supersuit products that are being planned either. Considering the UV's are still messed up for the Basic Suit, I just don't know what to feel about this. A few people have attempted a fix but they either haven't released it or I have to use RTencoder to decode files that don't exist (which makes it impossible to decode).

The product is the supersuit. The basic suit is something they just threw in. Were you even aware of the basic suits existence at the time of purchase? If they had just not included it, you wouldn't have had anything to complain about over the last year.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Re-map is up, see this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/P180

If it hadn't been for the basic suit and the shaders I would have returned the supersuit. Bonus or not it was a broken (or at least semi-mangled) item that should have been fixed by the vendor. Without the copyright issues I had to avoid the fixes could have been done in less than an hour.

edited July 2013

Joequick said:

The product is the supersuit. The basic suit is something they just threw in. Were you even aware of the basic suits existence at the time of purchase? If they had just not included it, you wouldn't have had anything to complain about over the last year.

As a matter fact, yes I was aware of it's existence when I purchased it. Then I was disappointed it was broken. Threw in or not, they should not have released a broken product. That's just bad business and carelessness. And your right, I wouldn't have had anything to complain about because I wouldn't have known better and neither would anyone else. I'm not the only one disgruntled over this, Joe.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:

If it hadn't been for the basic suit and the shaders I would have returned the supersuit. Bonus or not it was a broken (or at least semi-mangled) item that should have been fixed by the vendor. Without the copyright issues I had to avoid the fixes could have been done in less than an hour.

Thank you Jestmart! :)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:

I haven't had time to experiment much with the basic suit, but thank you for the download. At least I now feel secure knowing that once I get the time to start messing with this I can use these new files and not experience the problems others have spoke of.

Now, about those 22 planned super suit expansions....pretty please with sugar on top...release them soon!

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

As a matter fact, yes I was aware of it's existence when I purchased it. Then I was disappointed it was broken. Threw in or not, they should not have released a broken product. That's just bad business and carelessness. And your right, I wouldn't have had anything to complain about because I wouldn't have known better and neither would anyone else. I'm not the only one disgruntled over this, Joe.

Agreed. It was fairly ridiculous that they couldn't fix it, it should never have been put out that way. It's a fix I could probably have kludged up myself, but the free time I have these days for 3D is so limited, that I never budgeted time for it, nor should I have had to. DAZ should not sell a product, then depend on others to fix it for them.

As far as it being "thrown in" that is certainly not the way it appeared on the product page. It was listed as a feature, not as a, "Oh, and here, we are throwing this thing in, it kinda works!" A big difference, to my mind.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Big shoutout to RoguePIlot, Isikol for sharing these resources :D

Finally cracked the settings for Diana's costume, I think =)

First attempt at Kal-El, will tweak the settings for the boots and belt =P

Its_not_easy.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Diana.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Looks good, Bandit! :)

edited December 1969

Looks good, Bandit! :)

Thank you so much, Knight =)

I'm particularly pleased with the way the shaping on Diana and Kal-El's faces came out :D

edited December 1969

So am I, they are good faces. You did a good job on those. :)

edited December 1969

So am I, they are good faces. You did a good job on those. :)

Thanks muchly, Knight :D When I shape a face I work from reference pictures; I don't go for a likeness but more for a vive of the character's personality =)

edited July 2013

terrymcg has posted his first new wip image in two years in the renderosity comics gallery, you can also see it on his deviantart page.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    terrymcg has posted his first new wip image in two years in the renderosity comics gallery, you can also see it on his deviantart page.

He also posted it on DA as well. Looks really nice.

Speaking of nice looking things, is there an update on that Zatanna outfit you've been working on, Joe? I've been looking for an outfit like that for ages now.

edited July 2013

lface8 said:
    Joequick said:

He also posted it on DA as well. Looks really nice.

Speaking of nice looking things, is there an update on that Zatanna outfit you've been working on, Joe? I've been looking for an outfit like that for ages now.

I sold the very generic lady magician outfit outright to the platinum club.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Gotcha. Ah well. Noticed you posted your Catwoman to ShareCG. Thanks for that.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Thank you so much for the update, Joe =)

On another note, you're not on dA are you; I'd like to follow you there if you are the way I follow your sharecg =)

This discussion has been closed.