Victoria 6 has been released.

1141516171820»

Comments

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited July 2013

Gedd said:
    The next real advance will be when soft body collision is incorporated into the mesh for realistic deforms without deformers.

Also, personally I wish DAZ would have taken this opportunity to upgrade the rigging in general, especially in the face. And while we're wishing, it would be nice to have visible rig controls on the actual characters rather then have to dig through an interface to find what ones happened to be tucked where.

agreed fully 100% on this
    that would be improvement to a figure, actually this is software improvement first.

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    wowie said:

It is your prerogative to remain unconvinced. If Genesis works better for you, then stick to it.

Looking back at my posts, I still believe I haven't written anything about perfection, or perfect figures or whatever. I simply want a well behaved figure, along with well behaved shapes and morphs. Well behaved in the sense that they take into account the figure base shape both unposed and posed.

I will be sticking with Genesis(the original) for the time being...I'm yet to be convinced that it wasn't possible to keep it a unisex figure and keep improving it.

However...I'm not having a go at anyone else. Everyone has a right to their opinions and if Gen2F works for you that is great.

After glimpsing the possibilities with Genesis(the original) I'm not willing to settle for less. I want a unisex figure that I can morph into anything and I'm happy to stick with the original figure until something better comes along.

Maybe I'm one of a few maybe I'm one of many. I don't really care...my only concern is it doesn't suit me.
    I'm very deeply disappointed in DAZ 3d's choice to not provide more information at the time of the launch. If there has been too much speculation that has been primarily because people were uninformed about what was happening. DAZ 3D could have minimised this by keeping people in the loop instead of treating us like mushrooms.

Agreed.

count me also on this, Agreed with all above.

edited December 1969

wowie said:
    Gedd said:
    That only deals with self intersection, not the interaction of the soft body mesh of a character with other surfaces, such as a chair etc...

That's why I'm curious whether or not DAZ will integrate such tools to Carrara, which has Bullet Physics.

not in carrara, but in dazstudio pro soon

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Gedd said:
    Visible controllers in Poser? I haven't used Poser in years if that's the case, but are the controllers always visible or only when in pose mode? More specifically, visible controllers should be visible when in pose mode and that area is selected.

No, not in Poser. I saw visual controllers (like for eyes, and such) in some other applications.

this is some basic visual controls and are done in poser with the Haru character, think visual control to create expressions can be a huge improvement over scrolling in a long list to find what you need, i prefer to have both (some will like scroll thrue a list and other go for live see what you do).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJU8fES7dk&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLFCC98653AD717AD9

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,202
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    wowie said:
    Gedd said:
    That only deals with self intersection, not the interaction of the soft body mesh of a character with other surfaces, such as a chair etc...

That's why I'm curious whether or not DAZ will integrate such tools to Carrara, which has Bullet Physics.

Remember that this is wishful thinking, not a statement of fact.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    wowie said:
    Gedd said:

Word "soon" is involved! So we would probably never see it actually done :p

edited December 1969

fixme12 said:
    wowie said:
    Gedd said:

wishful thinking or not, daz better can make work of it, no mather what platform.
    it will only make the software more fun.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    fixme12 said:
    wowie said:
    Gedd said:

Word "soon" is involved! So we would probably never see it actually done :p

LOL SSSSOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I agree with others, changes are barely noticeable.

Then I ask what did you notice?

But when if you want to compare how Genesis and G2F rigs/skins hold with adjustments regardless of the shape, you probably should either introduce G2F to male and neutral shapes and rigging adjustments, or limit Genesis to female shapes only, because otherwise G2F will look better due to limited nature of the changes in it (can't compare male and neutral shapes on default G2F). Or we are not longer talking about this?

Even when I limit Genesis to female shapes (which is contradictory to Genesis being one figure that can morph to all shapes), the inconsistencies stand. Just look at the Basic Female, V4 and V5 shots, V5 being the most problematic.

I already did with the official morphs and they do hold (between G2F Basic Female, V6 and V4 shape). If DAZ ever released an official male morphs for Genesis2Female base, then I'll give it a try.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited July 2013

wowie said:
    Kattey said:

I agree with others, changes are barely noticeable.

Then I ask what did you notice?

But when if you want to compare how Genesis and G2F rigs/skins hold with adjustments regardless of the shape, you probably should either introduce G2F to male and neutral shapes and rigging adjustments, or limit Genesis to female shapes only, because otherwise G2F will look better due to limited nature of the changes in it (can't compare male and neutral shapes on default G2F). Or we are not longer talking about this?

Even when I limit Genesis to female shapes (which is contradictory to Genesis being one figure that can morph to all shapes), the inconsistencies stand. Just look at the Basic Female, V4 and V5 shots, V5 being the most problematic.

I already did with the official morphs and they do hold (between G2F Basic Female, V6 and V4 shape). If DAZ ever released an official male morphs for Genesis2Female base, then I'll give it a try.

...but I still could not create my Annika with G2F where it stands. If someone thinks else-wise ante up (and don't use all the G2/Genesis "Classic" cloning stuff). Just try to recreate her with only G2F and the morphs and not have the chest mesh collapse or distort, and then I might be impressed.

Post edited by kyoto kid on